Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    will this patch ever make it into preware? or is there no way? and i know your working on it but how is it going with the other top bar patch integration. i only have the framework and the device menu. i really want this.
    thanks
    Yea, I'll get it into Preware once I get it to work with sconix's Advanced patches...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I could set up a timer that checks to see if the settings are different or something like that. I'll have to play around with it a bit more...

Edit: actually, I do have an idea. I could set it up so that when you tap the widget, it reloads everything. Hmm, that might work.
    That would eliminate the tap to change display idea ya?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    That would eliminate the tap to change display idea ya?

Hmm. Oh, I got it. Tapping would cycle the displays. Tap and hold would refresh the widget. That sounds like a good plan.
    Someone wanna try this out? Remove any previous SWW patches first.
    Will do so on the commute home. Thanks for the ipk (versus patch)!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Hmm. Oh, I got it. Tapping would cycle the displays. Tap and hold would refresh the widget. That sounds like a good plan.
    Brilliant.

None of that would effect the palm app menu stuff would it?
    Sprint Love
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Brilliant.

None of that would effect the palm app menu stuff would it?
    Nope. The app menu would still be accessible while an app is open. You would need to go to card view to update/cycle the widget.
    So, with Tweaks, the patch gets installed as an .ipk? And it looks like that allows you to also install the images. Cool. With 1.4, did the images just get installed overtop the images I had copied before (same folder, same images)?

Well, it looks like the Units doesn't work. I selected Celsius, and after a Luna restart it still displays Fahrenheit.

Is the Status the forecasted status? I think it should, or if not, add another available status for "Forecasted Conditions".

High and Low are obvioulsy forecasted, but I am wondering if you should change the label to "Forecasted High and Low".

Selecting High and Low displays City Name!

Could you add another Status called "Forecasted Conditions + High & Low", which would show the Conditions followed by the high and low without units, just the degree symbol, to save space.
    Like it!
  9.    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    So, with Tweaks, the patch gets installed as an .ipk? And it looks like that allows you to also install the images. Cool. With 1.4, did the images just get installed overtop the images I had copied before (same folder, same images)?

Well, it looks like the Units doesn't work. I selected Celsius, and after a Luna restart it still displays Fahrenheit.

Is the Status the forecasted status? I think it should, or if not, add another available status for "Forecasted Conditions".

High and Low are obvioulsy forecasted, but I am wondering if you should change the label to "Forecasted High and Low".

Selecting High and Low displays City Name!

Could you add another Status called "Forecasted Conditions + High & Low", which would show the Conditions followed by the high and low without units, just the degree symbol, to save space.
    That doesn't sound right, lol. All the settings are working fine in the Emulator. I'll check it out anyway to see what might be wrong.

The images should get installed over top of the old ones.
    I believe you are thinking of adding the ability for the user to select colours. I hope so, because I would like to make the second line grey, so that it does not stand out as much.

Also, I would suggest that in the case where there is no data connection and the weather data gets old, that instead of displaying the weather in orange, you display it in grey. To me, orange indicates some sort of alarm condition. I really grabs your attention. I think you want to do the opposite. If the weather data is old, you want to tell the user "don't look over here, this data is not current." I think grey text would do that better.
    That doesn't sound right, lol. All the settings are working fine in the Emulator. I'll check it out anyway to see what might be wrong.

The images should get installed over top of the old ones.
    I tried switching to Fahrenheit, restarting Luna, then back to Celsius, restarting Luna, but it still displays Fahrenheit.
    great patch... can we get more intervals likes every 6 hours and add a diffrent location, instead of using the gps?? i would like to view the weather at my home city not work.. so i know what to expect when i get there... thanks
  13.    #233  
    I believe you are thinking of adding the ability for the user to select colours. I hope so, because I would like to make the second line grey, so that it does not stand out as much.

Also, I would suggest that in the case where there is no data connection and the weather data gets old, that instead of displaying the weather in orange, you display it in grey. To me, orange indicates some sort of alarm condition. I really grabs your attention. I think you want to do the opposite. If the weather data is old, you want to tell the user "don't look over here, this data is not current." I think grey text would do that better.
    Yea, that's a good idea.
  14.    #234  
    I tried switching to Fahrenheit, restarting Luna, then back to Celsius, restarting Luna, but it still displays Fahrenheit.
    I just switched between F and C like ten times and it's fine. I can't reproduce this problem...
    Hmmm... Wanna try my WOEID, or whatever it's called?

16.    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    great patch... can we get more intervals likes every 6 hours and add a diffrent location, instead of using the gps?? i would like to view the weather at my home city not work.. so i know what to expect when i get there... thanks
    Sure.

I'll try to find a way to save locations. Not sure how, but I'll investigate. lol
    I just tried to check the Celsius stuff, and it didn't work for me either.

Sprint Love
    Actually I didn't have to, it prompted me to luna reboot. Its working great. Love the city option you added though I probably won't use it. Why no option to set default city if no gps is found? Would have been great to have that. I can't get gps in my building.

I just switched between F and C like ten times and it's fine. I can't reproduce this problem...
    11th times a charm?

20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    Actually I didn't have to, it prompted me to luna reboot. Its working great. Love the city option you added though I probably won't use it. Why no option to set default city if no gps is found? Would have been great to have that. I can't get gps in my building.

I'll be adding that once we're able to use text fields in Tweaks.