Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by GFS View Post
    I have my old sprint pre "classic" I can run the 145 patch on. Got a link?
    Try this one out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    2. Do you have your GPS turned on?
    I did. Eventually it found my location. Took about 5 minutes!

3. Try running the Emergency Reconstruction Utility. That might make it show up in Preware again.
    I uninstalled SWW, then reinstalled SDS -- no problem. I then uninstalled SDS and reinstalled SWW -- no problem. This time, found my location instantly. One thing that doesn't seem to be automatic is the selection of units. I am in Canada and would like to have deg. C. But it is showing deg. F. I am sure you have plans for this with Tweaks.

You seem to be pretty good at breaking stuff... lol lol
    It seems that way!
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I did. Eventually it found my location. Took about 5 minutes!

I uninstalled SWW, then reinstalled SDS -- no problem. I then uninstalled SDS and reinstalled SWW -- no problem. This time, found my location instantly. One thing that doesn't seem to be automatic is the selection of units. I am in Canada and would like to have deg. C. But it is showing deg. F. I am sure you have plans for this with Tweaks.

It seems that way!
    Yea, I'll be using Tweaks to handle the settings. I just need to wait for the documentation to be released.

For now, you still need to edit the patch file to switch between C and F
    So, with Tweaks, what options are you planning?

Of course, there are the things we have been discussing regarding what to display. I can see three different display choices for the second line:

1. Forecasted High/Low -- 49 38 (I say do away with "H:" and "L:")
    2. Forecasted Condition -- Showers
    3. Both -- Showers 49 38

Will tapping on the widget allow for stepping through the various displays, or will it just bring up the app menu? Maybe the user will have to get out of the app first before he can change the widget display?

Also, is it possible with Tweaks to allow users to select colours for certain elements? I think I would like to see the second line in a grey as opposed to white. Also, I was thinking for your other patch, Statusbar Device Stats, it might be fun to allow users to select their own colours for the various cpu temperatures and battery levels. For myself, I might want to try all white text except for red text when entering the danger zone!

Lastly, I notice that webOS Internals refers to it as the "topbar" and you refer to it as the "statusbar". Should you be consistent?

Lastly, I notice that webOS Internals refers to it as the "topbar" and you refer to it as the "statusbar". Should you be consistent?
    Garrett likes to be different .. I say we lobby wOS-internal to change it to status bar that way Garrett will change it to top bar

Personally I like status bar better as its more descriptive .. And it has pizazz !!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Does anyone know if this will play well with sconix's adv framework patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Garrett likes to be different .. I say we lobby wOS-internal to change it to status bar that way Garrett will change it to top bar

Personally I like status bar better as its more descriptive .. And it has pizazz !!

I agree, I like it better. It should have been statusbar all along. I am just thinking that new users may get confused, thinking that they are two different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkreisberg22 View Post
    It doesn't.

I believe it is on Garrett's todo list. (prod, prod!)
  9.    #189  
    So, with Tweaks, what options are you planning?

Of course, there are the things we have been discussing regarding what to display. I can see three different display choices for the second line:

1. Forecasted High/Low -- 49 38 (I say do away with "H:" and "L:")
    2. Forecasted Condition -- Showers
    3. Both -- Showers 49 38

Will tapping on the widget allow for stepping through the various displays, or will it just bring up the app menu? Maybe the user will have to get out of the app first before he can change the widget display?

Also, is it possible with Tweaks to allow users to select colours for certain elements? I think I would like to see the second line in a grey as opposed to white. Also, I was thinking for your other patch, Statusbar Device Stats, it might be fun to allow users to select their own colours for the various cpu temperatures and battery levels. For myself, I might want to try all white text except for red text when entering the danger zone!

Here is what I have on my list so far:
    - Weather check polling interval
    - GPS location polling rate (Once on boot, Every weather check, etc...)
    - C/F
    - WOEID

I'll probably add some text color options as well.

I'm still not sure exactly how I'm going to handle cycling through different statuses.
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

I used to say "top bar" all the time, but decided that "statusbar" was more descriptive lol.
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkreisberg22 View Post
    Not yet... Hopefully soon.
    Here is what I have on my list so far:
    - Weather check polling interval
    - GPS location polling rate (Once on boot, Every weather check, etc...)
    - C/F
    - WOEID

I'll probably add some text color options as well.

I'm still not sure exactly how I'm going to handle cycling through different statuses.
    What is WOEID?

Are you going to stick with GPS as the way location is determined, or have the user enter zipcode into Tweaks?

For now, maybe have the user select one of the three display choices above in Tweaks to display.
  13.    #193  
    What is WOEID?

Are you going to stick with GPS as the way location is determined, or have the user enter zipcode into Tweaks?

For now, maybe have the user select one of the three display choices above in Tweaks to display.
    That's a number Yahoo uses to identify where you are.

I'll probably keep GPS for now. If the GPS check fails for some reason, it will use the WOEID that you'll be able to set through Tweaks.
    Cool well i love the patch so far and just cant wait for it to be able to work with other patches
  15.    #195  

Making progress.
    How convenient/coincidental is it that tweaks comes out only a few days after you release this patch... Hrmmm.......

Glad tweaks is out now so we can use that instead of having to manually change anything.

Work is looking good so far.

Also, question for everyone - has anyone noticed a battery life difference?

Sprint Love
  17. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I have 1.3 installed. In the previous version I had (1.1) it would show instead of "AT&T" on the main screen, but in-app, the app name still appeared. Now I get the weather at the top at all times.
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by GFS View Post
    I have 1.3 installed. In the previous version I had (1.1) it would show instead of "AT&T" on the main screen, but in-app, the app name still appeared. Now I get the weather at the top at all times.
    Yea, in v1.3 the widget is always there. You can still open the app menu by tapping the widget when an app is open though.

Sent from my HTC HD2
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    How convenient/coincidental is it that tweaks comes out only a few days after you release this patch... Hrmmm.......

Glad tweaks is out now so we can use that instead of having to manually change anything.

Work is looking good so far.

Also, question for everyone - has anyone noticed a battery life difference?

Yea, I'm loving the Tweaks app. Makes my life easier... lol lol

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Yea, in v1.3 the widget is always there. You can still open the app menu by tapping the widget when an app is open though.

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Are we going to get the option via tweaks to disable/enable showing the weather while in an app?