Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

Yea, I'm not sure what can be done about improving compatibility with Sconix's framework patches. The only thing I can really think of would to be have my patches included in his...
    Hi Garrett. Just to keep you in the loop, Sconix was asked about the possibility of including your patch with his Advanced suite. Here is his reply:

I am mostly interested of "normal" user needs and device temperature isn't (imho) nothing that user should be aware of, or at least needs to be aware of. The system should ensure that device works without user needing to worry about it. So for those reason I wont be adding such things so someone else has to do compatible patch etc.
    Next, he was asked about working together with you to solve the incompatibility. Here is his response to that:

Well my thinking is that my patch is bigger (much bigger) so if I try to make the patch compatible with some other patch then most likely it will become incompatible with some other patch (tried this at some point). So unfortunately its up to the authors of those individual patch makers to make their patch compatible if they want. I am glad to help of course but not sure how I could, since the patches are viewable by all so anybody that knows how to make a patch can see how to make compatible patch / if its possible. So I don't see how I could help with these requests.
    Looks like it is on your shoulders... Do you have new ideas about how to solve the conflict? Wish I could help. I am willing to test, of course.
    could you make a patch that would do the same thing for the battery only for example
    100-90 background green
    90-80 background some other color
    Also it would be cool if you could make it so that as it decreases the background color decreases so at 90% only 90% the background would be green and the 10% black or normal or w.e.
    You know what sucks.
    You can't install StatusbarWeatherWidget_v1.3 with this patch installed
    Merge them k
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    You know what sucks.
    You can't install StatusbarWeatherWidget_v1.3 with this patch installed
    Merge them k
    Yea, they both modify the same exact spot in bar-assistant.jsjsjs $lol$. $I$'$ll$ $get$ $them$ $working$ $nicely$ $with$ $each$ $other$ $though$. $Right$ $now$ $I$'$m$ $playing$ $around$ $with$ $SWW1$.$4$
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I'd love to see the top-bar device temp compatible with advanced system menus, and configurable in Tweaks of course. Thanks!
  6.    #106  
    Updated to work with Statusbar Weather Widget 2.1. Should also work with earlier versions of SWW.

Attached Files Attached Files
    coooool.
    works great.
    could it be stacked ?
    with the temp text size smaller.
  8.    #108  
    coooool.
    works great.
    could it be stacked ?
    with the temp text size smaller.
    Yea, I plan to add Tweaks to SDS2.0 that will let you configure it.
    cool.
    great work Garrett
  10.    #110  
    @warlord

What have you been working on lately? You've been pretty quiet. lol
    been working with Josh on Audiophlie.
    I have been working on images for the GUI. I re-worked all new images for the Pre and working on images for the Touch Pad.

its looking really cool.
  12.    #112  
    been working with Josh on Audiophlie.
    I have been working on images for the GUI. I re-worked all new images for the Pre and working on images for the Touch Pad.

its looking really cool.
    Nice! Sounds like fun.
    Updated to work with Statusbar Weather Widget 2.1. Should also work with earlier versions of SWW.

Is it possible to provide the stacked, coloured, non-red topbar version now? I don't know how long it will be before you come out with the Tweak version!
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Is it possible to provide the stacked, coloured, non-red topbar version now? I don't know how long it will be before you come out with the Tweak version!
    I'll be adding those options to the next version of this patch.
    And, by the way, do you think you will be able to get this patch working with Sconix's stuff?

If so, any chance you could continue development of this patch, along with the necessary Tweaks to keep everyone happy, to a two-line, stacked version like I had shown in my (controversial ) screenshots in the SWW thread?
  16.    #116  
    And, by the way, do you think you will be able to get this patch working with Sconix's stuff?

If so, any chance you could continue development of this patch, along with the necessary Tweaks to keep everyone happy, to a two-line, stacked version like I had shown in my (controversial ) screenshots in the SWW thread?
    It's basically impossible for this patch to work with sconix's Advanced Framework patch since they both modify the battery display...

I will definitely be adding much more to this patch eventually...
    It's basically impossible for this patch to work with sconix's Advanced Framework patch since they both modify the battery display...

I will definitely be adding much more to this patch eventually...
    Does that mean it will be impossible to work with his Advanced Framework as well? If so, it seems as though his framework should change to better get along with patches such as yours.

Could your SDS patch eventually include a drop-down menu, thereby providing the features of Sconix's Device Menu patch. If so, maybe some of us could live without Sconix's patches.

The other one I would miss is the Power Menu, but I think someone (Jay Canuck?) has a similar patch already.
    Last edited by Ubuntite; 04/29/2011 at 06:31 PM.
  18.    #118  
    Does that mean it will be impossible to work with his Advanced Framework as well? If so, it seems as though his framework should change to better get along with patches such as yours.

Could your SDS patch eventually include a drop-down menu, thereby providing the features of Sconix's Device Menu patch. If so, maybe some of us could live without Sconix's patches.

The other one I would miss is the Power Menu, but I think someone (Jay Canuck?) has a similar patch already.
    Yea, SDS is incompatible with the Advanced Framework patch. I should be able to add device menu Tweaks, but don't feel like getting into that at the moment.

I'm not familiar with the Power Menu.
    Thread closed per OP request.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456