Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm using a custom, uberkernal screenstate 500/800. Gimme a sec so I can see how much it is off by. I uninstalled because I thought I had to run out and "needed" my battery percentage icon back haha. Re-installing now.
    okay, it looks like it's updating with the time, it's just that the actual temp is fluctuating so much so it's hard to keep track of haha.
    I'll leave it installed for the evening when I go out and test what the difference in battery life is.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I'm using a custom, uberkernal screenstate 500/800. Gimme a sec so I can see how much it is off by. I uninstalled because I thought I had to run out and "needed" my battery percentage icon back haha. Re-installing now.
    Ok, just making sure. Just found out that a custom kernal is required to access the cpuTemperature. lol

With the patch you have, does the text change color?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    okay, it looks like it's updating with the time, it's just that the actual temp is fluctuating so much so it's hard to keep track of haha.
    Ah I see... lol

Oh, and I just found out that the text color won't change. I forgot to add something to the patch... lol
    I'll leave it installed for the evening when I go out and test what the difference in battery life is.
    Ok, cool. Shouldn't really effect battery life sine it only polls once a minute. Lemme know if it does tho...
    Well it's just the app, Govnah that moderates the overclocking and custom kernals and in there, yes, the number changes color. It's green at anything up to 39 degrees, turns yellow/orange at 40 and red at 50, I believe.
    as a side note, I've never gotten above 46 degrees, but I believe this would be very useful for people like the OP who are heavily touchstoning, hotspotting, multitasking and such. So far so good, no bugs to report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Note: This patch requires Jason R's 'SysToolsMgr Service'. You can install it via WOSQI or probably Preware.
    Point of clarification: Yes, this is indeed the CPU temperature, though it requires you to be using a kernel that supports the temperature reading (I believe all custom kernels by WebOS-Internals do).

The patch can be installed via WOSQI, or if on-device is your thing, Internalz handle .patch files fine
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Point of clarification: Yes, this is indeed the CPU temperature, though it requires you to be using a kernel that supports the temperature reading (I believe all custom kernels by WebOS-Internals do).

The patch can be installed via WOSQI, or if on-device is your thing, Internalz handle .patch files fine
    Thanks for the clarification. It seems you are more familiar with SysToolsMgr than I am... lol

And yea, Internalz is great for installing patches from your device.
    I'm going to make an updated patch shortly. It'll make dangerous temperatures more noticeable.
    Included the battery percent patch. Anyone think I should make it look better? lol lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Great idea. It's sort of odd this hasn't come up before.

Is this still strictly 2.0 or above?

Are you still considering a 1.4.5 version?

I also wonder how it would fit in the somewhat crazed constellations of top-bar mods from you and Warlord that I'm currently sporting.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
  14.    #34  
    wow..lol awesome reaction, this is why I love having a pre =). Thank you!
    Great work Garrett.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Great work Garrett.
    Thanks! Just gotta change a few things and I can repost it. lol
    Add background-color: transparent;

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Add background-color: transparent;
    For what?
    If someone ( like ME ) has my full topbar wallpaper patch installed. the wallpaper will show Thur lol duh.

Gotcha. Getting ready to get it in to patch form again.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast