webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Browser - Sharing Super Mix Patch [2.1.0]
[Patch] Browser - Sharing Super Mix Patch [2.1.0]
Like Tree2Likes

Old 12/03/2012, 09:12 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
I don't think that it interfers with a patch... don't see how. If it applies it should work afterwards.

I just looked into the code of the patch... do you have the facebook app installed? This option calls the facebook app with the url as parameter, so the facebook app should load and show you some dialog where you can post and it will already be filled with the url... So what does "not working" mean for you?
The facebook app does not start? There is nothing in there?
What device are you on? If on a phone: did you install the touchpad facebook app?
Sorry, I have the stock facebook app installed on my Pre 2. When I try to share via facebook the app does not launch. Literally nothing happens. Thanks for looking at it gizmo.
twint7787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2012, 03:49 AM   #82 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

i checked shortly but couldn't find the problem, it seems that it could be non-working since several versions of the patch (i admit i haven't checked it every time). So I have to dig deeper.

Can someone confirm that it worked in 2012 via this patch at all?

[Update]
Ah well just got the error, the makeCall function has the same name in SPAZ-section which is makes it impossible to call the "right one to rule da facebook". I will update the patch, perhaps not before 2013.

for the impatient ones, that want to share their xmas-presents webpages:
I just renamed the functions to spezific makeCallFB() and makecallSpaz() (3 times each in every case-section section in page-assistant.js). Make a backup of this file to revert it when patch update via preware arrives.
Luna restart, then working!

Last edited by gizmo21; 12/17/2012 at 03:59 AM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2012, 01:51 PM   #83 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Submitted the updated patch for 2.2.4.
  • Fixed Facebook/Spaz Call
Old 12/28/2012, 12:46 PM   #84 (permalink)

Hello, when I tried to install Sharing Super Mix on my Pre3, I got this error as shown in the attachment. I have been unable to install Sharing Super Mix and gotten this error since I did a full erase without removing patches/kernel/theme first. After that, when I reinstalled patches, some showed like "weird seems this patch is already installed" but they got installed successfully eventually anyway, but only Sharing Super Mix was not the case and gave me the error. Is there some file that I can modify to fix this or some other ways?

Thanks. I need this patch!
Attached Images
File Type: png preware_2012-17-11_151734.png (68.5 KB, 20 views) Email Attachment
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 04:05 PM   #85 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
Hello, when I tried to install Sharing Super Mix on my Pre3, I got this error as shown in the attachment. I have been unable to install Sharing Super Mix and gotten this error since I did a full erase without removing patches/kernel/theme first. After that, when I reinstalled patches, some showed like "weird seems this patch is already installed" but they got installed successfully eventually anyway, but only Sharing Super Mix was not the case and gave me the error. Is there some file that I can modify to fix this or some other ways?

Thanks. I need this patch!
It seems some older patch modified your page-assistent.js .

first posiibility is to rename page-assistent.webosinternals to .js overwriting the modified one.

second is:
extract the file from the webos doctor for your phone and copy it to the right location.
Thanked By: matchqq
Old 12/28/2012, 05:57 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
It seems some older patch modified your page-assistent.js .

first posiibility is to rename page-assistent.webosinternals to .js overwriting the modified one.

second is:
extract the file from the webos doctor for your phone and copy it to the right location.
Could you please give me some instructions as to how to do these?

Where can I get page-assistent.webosinternals and where can I replace it?

How do I extract page-assistent.js from webOS doctor?

Sorry I'm no tech savvy. Appreciate the help.

from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 12/29/2012, 01:00 AM   #87 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchqq View Post

Sorry I'm no tech savvy. Appreciate the help.

[/color] from my TouchPad using Communities[/color]
try this :Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) - webOS Nation Forums - http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-internals/218811-emergency-patch-recovery-epr.html
Thanked By: matchqq
Old 12/29/2012, 02:40 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
try this :Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) - webOS Nation Forums - Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR)
It worked! Thank you so much!!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 05/17/2013, 01:53 PM   #89 (permalink)

Hi all,
Just wondering where I can get the current patch to allow me to update it. Going to the patch portal doesn't give me a download link.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Baldric
baldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/2013, 04:01 PM   #90 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

get them here: Index of /feeds/webos-patches/. Be sure to grab the latest Version.

could you mention what you are planning to update?

Last edited by gizmo21; 05/18/2013 at 06:56 AM.
Thanked By: baldric
Old 05/19/2013, 08:16 PM   #91 (permalink)

Hi gizmo21,
Can you guide me on how to get the updates implemented?
I have updated the browser-sharing-super-mix.json and browser-sharing-super-mix.patch file, but not sure where to go from here.

I have added a share to Project Macaw function, as I have updated (but not released yet), PM to properly support cross-app and JustType launching.

thanks
Baldric

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
get them here: Index of /feeds/webos-patches/. Be sure to grab the latest Version.

could you mention what you are planning to update?
Old 05/20/2013, 12:25 AM   #92 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I'm on holiday the next two weeks, so rather no support possible. You should always test function of your new patch on your own device/emulator before updating it on the patch portal and test it against all webos versions yout are going to update. the .patch can be applied manually with internalz pro, the.json has to be put in the right directory. Please also check that other patch functions are still working, as you could block functions by implementing yours, i have had those issues before
plz check this thread for more info and search in the forum on how to update patches on the patch portal. hopefully this is send with my bad edge connectiion.
Old 06/03/2013, 11:46 PM   #93 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

if you update the Cross-App Launching - WebOS101 wikipage with the cross app launching parameters of Project Macaw and send me the link to your beta ipk, i could update the patch and test. I would even create my first twitter account for that
Old 06/23/2013, 09:34 PM   #94 (permalink)

Hi Gizmo,
I tried to add an account at the wiki, but it doesn't allow you to do it and I couldn't find a link to contact the admins to get one created. In the meantime, here are the cross-app parameters. Its been successfully working for me on an updated version of the patch, however I had some remnants of other patches included, so don't want to upload my changes to the portal as it isn't clean. The new version of ProjectMacaw (v.1.4.6) that supports cross-app was released today via the custom preware feed Index of /preware.

Code:
AppID:			"net.minego.phnx"

Tweet with Project Macaw
	"launchParam":	{ "action": "tweet", "msg":"#{messageToTweet}" }

Search User Project Macaw
	"launchParam":	{ "action": "user", "userid":"#{userName}" }

Search Project Macaw
	"launchParam":	{ "action": "search", "searchTerms":"#{searchTerms}" }

Code:
+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-applicationmenu.js
	TweetViaProjectMacaw: {
		label: $L('Project Macaw'),
		command: 'share-pm-cmd',
		checkEnabled: true
	},

+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.js
		this.getTweaksPrefs = new Mojo.Service.Request("palm://org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/", {
			method: 'get', parameters: {'owner': "browser-sharing-super-mix", 
			keys: ["showViewsource", "showNeato", "showDataJog", "showSpareTime", "showInstapaper", "ipUsername", "ipPassword", "showRelego", "showReadontouch", "showMeOrg", "showTapNote", "showClipboard", "showMobilize", "shortenURL", "reKindleIt", 
					"showFacebook", "showBadKitty", "showProjectMacaw", "showSpaz", "showTwee", "showTweed", "showCarbon", "showTachyon", "showQuickPost"]},
			onSuccess: function(response) {
				if(response) {
					if(response.showProjectMacaw == true) 
						this.appMenuModel.items[1].items.push(MenuData.ApplicationMenu.TweetViaProjectMacaw);
				//PROJECT MACAW
				case MenuData.ApplicationMenu.TweetViaProjectMacaw.command:
					// Send the URL to Project Macaw
					try{
						this.projectmacawappid = "net.minego.phnx";
						this.controller.serviceRequest("palm://com.palm.applicationManager", {
							method: 'open',
							parameters: {
								id: this.projectmacawappid,
								params: {action: 'tweet', msg: this.currentTitle + ' - ' + this.currentUrl}
							},
							onFailure:function(){
								this.controller.showAlertDialog({
									onChoose: function(value){
										if (value=="yes"){
											this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.applicationManager', { 
												method:'open',
												parameters:{
													target: "http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=" + this.projectmacawappid
												}
											});
										}
									},
									preventCancel: false,
									title: $L("Project Macaw Not Installed"),
									message: $L("Project Macaw is not installed. Would you like to download it?"),
									choices:[
										{label:$L('Yes'), value:"yes", type:'affirmative'},
										{label:$L('No'), value:"no", type:'dismissal'}
									]
								});
							}.bind(this)
						})
					}catch(e){
						Mojo.Log.error("Project Macaw Patch Error: " + e);
					}
					break;	

Thanks,
Baldric

Quote:
if you update the Cross-App Launching - WebOS101 wikipage with the cross app launching parameters of Project Macaw and send me the link to your beta ipk, i could update the patch and test. I would even create my first twitter account for that
Old 06/24/2013, 12:18 AM   #95 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I registered succesfully at that wiki with OpenID-account, so perhaps you have one of those too (google, yahoo, flickr, aol, ...).

As for the patch, i'll have a look at it this week.

Update to webos101.com: From whois information the domain seems to be regged by Roy Sutton roys@mindspring.com or on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pre101 @Pre101 . As he is still in into webOS as "LG Silicon Valley Labs Open webOS community manager" he could be interested in new additions to the wiki.

Last edited by gizmo21; 06/24/2013 at 01:50 AM.
Old 06/24/2013, 07:05 AM   #96 (permalink)

Tried to instlla the 2.2.4-86 version onto my PRE3 but failed... got this in the log:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-sharing-super-mix.postinst 2>&1
2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.js.rej

/Dennis
dsimonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2013, 03:00 PM   #97 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

remove other Browser patches
Thanked By: dsimonse
Old 06/28/2013, 05:20 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
remove other Browser patches
Removed 2 patches and now it worked! But I can't reinstall the old ones, I guess they rule out eachother.

//Dennis
dsimonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/28/2013, 09:13 AM   #99 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
Removed 2 patches and now it worked! But I can't reinstall the old ones, I guess they rule out eachother.

//Dennis
Yes, if your other patches modify the menu of browser they most probably won't work both. I only have "More transparent share link" installed besides "Sharing Super Mix" on 2.2.4.
Old 10/14/2013, 04:21 PM   #100 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Hacked version for 2.2.4 (only) to implement powerscroll double finger up/down/left/right in browser - ripped of SconixAdvancedSystem Behaviour-Patch which does otherwise not work with this sharing super mix patch.

Will not release this to patch portal but perhaps someone wants to copy this to:
\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.browser\app\controllers\page-assistant.js
after installing sharing super mix patch.
Attached Files
File Type: zip page-assistant.zip (22.5 KB, 1 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by gizmo21; 10/17/2013 at 10:34 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0