webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Browser - Sharing Super Mix Patch [2.1.0]
[Patch] Browser - Sharing Super Mix Patch [2.1.0]
Like Tree2Likes

Old 05/12/2012, 12:39 PM   #61 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydez View Post
I must be an ***** and I might open a can here but is this for touchpad at all? Will it be? This is awesome patch and a thumbs up to all who have developed it but I can't seem to find or download for touchpad. Anyway to get it too work? Thank guys.
as i posted before, i don't own a TP so i will not port it to 3.x. But all code is available and there seems to be one single app sharing patch for 3.0.5 for ReadOnTouch.
webOS-Patches Web Portal - http://patches.webos-internals.org/?do=browse&webosver=3.0.5&category=Browser

So together with the code of the 2.2.4 version everyone could port it.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2012, 04:05 PM   #62 (permalink)

forgive me if I'm a little behind but I'm new to preware and patches. I download the patch and open the error file and it says

Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-sharing-super-mix.postinst 2>&1
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.js.

any idea what this means?

I'm running a Verizon Pre3
spork141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2012, 04:22 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
forgive me if I'm a little behind but I'm new to preware and patches. I download the patch and open the error file and it says

Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-sharing-super-mix.postinst 2>&1
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.js.

probably another patch you have that bolts into the browser, try removing ones u have (all or 1 a time) then reapplying this one, once thats in place, try adding back your previous patches, eventually 1 will fail to installed in a similar way, and youll have found the clash and you can decide which of teh 2 is more important,
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: spork141
Old 08/16/2012, 09:20 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork141 View Post

I found that the Private Browsing patch was the one incompatible with this.

It makes sense since they both need to edit the drop down settings menu.
trillexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2012, 09:55 AM   #65 (permalink)

Reguarding this: I have an ATT Pre 3, and while this patch, listed on this forum (version 2.1.0), has a private browsing option, the one for the Pre 3 is missing that in the Tweaks app.

The version of the patch is 2.2.4-56

Is this because of the 2.2.4 webOS update?
Is there something I need to do on the side to add it back?
trillexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2012, 09:51 PM   #66 (permalink)

I don't see the "Add to ReadonTouch" on my Veer running 2.1.2. Is it possible this feature can be added to run and work with RoT PHONE (not PRO). Thanks! Cross my fingers...
hangten10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2012, 02:59 AM   #67 (permalink)

Would be very usefull for me, too!!
SvenBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2012, 06:59 AM   #68 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I added "mobilize webpage" to the patch and submitted it to the patch portal. I hope no one minds and it won't break anything.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2012, 01:22 PM   #69 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
I added "mobilize webpage" to the patch and submitted it to the patch portal. I hope no one minds and it won't break anything.
I got the "submitted"-mail twice, but so far no "approved"-mail. Could be the next patch-update cycle takes a bit.

Additions are always welcome , which app/webservice is it for?
Which webOS versions did you modify?
Old 10/29/2012, 02:31 AM   #70 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

just 2 mails from webosinternalz patch portal saying:
Quote:
Patch Denied at the WebOS-Patches Web Portal!

Thank you for submitting an update to the patch entitled Browser: Sharing Super Mix.

This email is to inform you the patch has been denied!

It was denied for the following reason:

The updated patch file fails on 2.1.0, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 - if the update was intended *only* for 2.2.4, then only select 2.2.4

If you feel this is a mistake, please contact the admins. Otherwise, if applicable, correct the patch and resubmit it.

2nd mail:
It was denied for the following reason:

superceded

If you feel this is a mistake, please contact the admins. Otherwise, if applicable, correct the patch and resubmit it.
So it seems you have tagged too many webos versions without checking if they work there. The superceded one could because of double submitting?

Last edited by gizmo21; 10/29/2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11/02/2012, 05:20 AM   #71 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'm not sure what I did wrong... but yes, I think I did tick too many versions. :-(
How does the patch portal handle that? If I have something I just tested on 2.2.4, I only tick 2.2.4 and so on?

I'll upload what worked for me on 2.2.4, maybe you can look at it and submit it, if you like.
I'll need to find some advice on how to best write and verify patches...
Attached Files
File Type: patch browser-sharing-super-mix-(1).patch (33.6 KB, 7 views) Email Attachment
Old 11/02/2012, 07:38 AM   #72 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

i'll have a look at it (hopefully after the weekend). I personally don't use any emulator sdk for testing the altered files/patches. That's why i only submit the patches for 2.2.4 as this is the only platform i can test with my devices.

To check if the code works for other versions of the OS you could download the corresponding doctor and extract the to be patched files and compare them (diff or WinMerge or any other filecompare tool) with the stock 2.2.4 files. E.g. as long as 2.1 and 2.2.4 are identical you can release them in patch portal for both versions at once.

But the files patched in this thread are not identical that's why i only maintain version 2.2.4.
Old 11/10/2012, 05:20 AM   #73 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

sorry for the late answer. Patch looks good for 2.2.4 so this would work with a correct json for tweaks added. I'm updating it at patch portal after having tested it on my Pre3.
I just seems to open this URL so no other app involved: http://instapaper.com/m?u=" + this.currentUrl

Nice feature btw, didn't know this (thought it was another instapaper, ReaditLater ) but this one let's you view webpages as a mobile page http://www.instapaper.com/m?u=http:/...ebosnation.com

Great for those pages not displaying well on phones
Old 11/11/2012, 03:27 PM   #74 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Updated Patch for 2.2.4 submitted.

This one is not really a "sharing"-addition but rather for viewing pages and merging with other available patches:
  • Added "Mobilize" which reloads current page with an instapaper web-service that shows it in a reduced mobile-view. - no additional app required - (credits to Garfonso)
  • Added "View Source" which loads current page in Internalz as HTML source (Requires Internalz 1.3 or greater to be installed) - (credits to Jason Robitaille)
Old 11/20/2012, 01:44 AM   #75 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

2.2.4 update finally in Preware and "reviewed" by Derek
Old 11/21/2012, 04:25 AM   #76 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Great.
Old 11/28/2012, 05:40 PM   #77 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Still wanting this on 3.x
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 08:41 PM   #78 (permalink)

I recently installed this patch but the option to upload to Facebook does not seem to be working. Does anyone know if there is an issue with this option in general or am I not doing something correctly. Sharing via SMS or email work perfectly but not so much for Facebook. I realize it might be possible to have another patch interfering with this feature but I figured I would ask first before I go uninstalling all of my patches.

Thanks
twint7787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 03:20 AM   #79 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I don't think that it interfers with a patch... don't see how. If it applies it should work afterwards.

I just looked into the code of the patch... do you have the facebook app installed? This option calls the facebook app with the url as parameter, so the facebook app should load and show you some dialog where you can post and it will already be filled with the url... So what does "not working" mean for you? The facebook app does not start? There is nothing in there?

What device are you on? If on a phone: did you install the touchpad facebook app?
Old 12/03/2012, 07:12 AM   #80 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Lumberjack in 2.2.4 with newest patch and facebook installed and open/not open tells me:
Quote:
[2012-12-03 13:06:40] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.browser: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined, palmmojo_coreVersion1_0:104
Quote:
[2012-12-03 13:06:40] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.browser: EXCEPTION [handleCommand]: at makeCall (file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.js:2721:33) at PageAssistant.handleCommand (file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.js:2675:6) at Object.sendEventToCommanders (palmInitFramework2112:156:374) at Object.<anonymous> (palmInitFramework2112:214:138) at Object.sendEventToCommanders (InstallPrototypeBuiltIn:282:23) at Object.sendCommandEvent (palmInitFramework2112:633:289) at Object.popupChoose (palmInitFramework2112:650:417) at PageAssistant.<anonymous> (InstallPrototypeBuiltIn:282:23) at Object.<anonymous> (palmInitFramework2112:1402:121) at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (InstallPrototypeBuiltIn:282:23), palmInitFramework2112:14
Facebook does not launch. I'll have a look at it, perhaps i broke something with last update.

Last edited by gizmo21; 12/03/2012 at 09:36 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0