Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #21  
    Yeah, the patch does not work right now because the owner id is different than what's in the Tweaks app. I used org.webosinternals.patches.browser-sharing-super-mix, but the owner is listed as just browser-sharing-super-mix.

Yes, I can add in the View Source patch. What I may end up doing is leaving the Sharing Mix patch strictly for sharing, and moving the Private Browsing, Landscape Scroll (the one available works, but I think people wanted a preference to turn it off and on in the app menu as well), and View Source patches into a separate "Browser Tools" patch that way it would be more clear.

If there things you find conflict, options you want added/considered, you can leave them here.

I already know the MegaMix patch conflicts, which I can work with mamouton on updating to not conflict. MultiMod should install fine, if someone wants that updated with Tweak support, it could probably be done.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    btw, I am Micah N Gorrell (the original author of the Private Browsing patch). I was about to post complaining that you hadn't emailed me or anything... then I realized I hadn't included an email address when I posted the patch. My bad.

I haven't tried your version yet, because of the "View Source" conflict, but it looks like a nicely done patch. Nice work, and thanks for giving credit as due.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    btw, I am Micah N Gorrell (the original author of the Private Browsing patch). I was about to post complaining that you hadn't emailed me or anything... then I realized I hadn't included an email address when I posted the patch. My bad.

I haven't tried your version yet, because of the "View Source" conflict, but it looks like a nicely done patch. Nice work, and thanks for giving credit as due.
    It's actually just your work I stuck in the patch, so hopefully it works the same. I actually wasn't sure if a P|C member made it, it just showed up one day. Happy to give credit, it's a great patch.

Also, all the patches are able to be updated by anyone, so if you want to take what I put together and change it or even add something else, feel free to put your name as a maintainer and update it! You can get the modified file in its entirety by pulling it from your phone or just download the ipk from the patches feed in your browser.

EDIT: I edited the first post to include a link to where anyone can download the patch files.
    Last edited by malpha; 04/12/2011 at 10:45 AM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4.    #24  
    I am updating this to work with Carbon (official), include the Facebook beta app, and rework the order of Spaz I just have to finish the tweaks version of Mega-Mix (which will include View Source, moving Private Browsing to here) so that there are no conflicts, gonna try to have it done by Weds.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I have a feeling I know the answer, but I would like to see the "Add to Spare Time" function modified to "Add to Instapaper" instead.

Currently, when you Add to Spare Time from the browser, the app Spare Time actually gets launched.

I imagine the reason it is currently being done this way is because in order to add directly to Spare Time, the user's credentials would need to be known, and there isn't currently a way to input these into Tweaks. Am I right?

If so, hopefully this can be done once Tweaks has a chance to mature.

Great patch, BTW.
  6.    #26  
    Well, it launches Spare Time because it uses the apps launch parameters to add a URL (really, it's Spare Time that adds it, I'm just passing it the needed info). So that's working as it's supposed to, unless you find the url is not being added (make sure you hit the refresh first). The app *should* close automatically after it adds it...

It is possible to add to Instapaper directly without needing OAuth or a separate app, but you need at least a username (and password, since Instapaper started requiring those) to pass in the request. So if Tweaks adds the custom string info, I could probably work it in there some way...but if someone whines about security, they'll just have to not use it though.

Also, I actually finished updating the patch (fixed Carbon, added Quick Post) and made a Tweaks version of the MegaMix patch, which is where Private Browsing and View Source have been moved to. I just have to test it thoroughly and upload it, it's been a hectic week.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I hope I didn't confuse you. It is working fine as is. It just would be nicer not have to launch Spare Time to add the URL.

Looking forward to seeing the Tweaks version of MegaMix!
  8.    #28  
    Okay, now that Tweaks has text field support and I got a spare moment again, I have updated this patch to send to Instapaper natively without the need for Spare Time. You have to put your username and password (if you have one...I think due to the recent changes at Instapaper, everyone has to have one now) into Tweaks. Since Tweaks does not have an option currently to mask text entered into a text field, your password will be plainly visible to anyone who opens the Tweaks app on your phone and digs through your Browser tweaks. If this might end up being a problem for you, please continue to use the Spare Time option until (and if) the Tweaks app adds the ability to mask text.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I love this patch, but Rekindleit doesn't seem to work. A new window doesn't open when I click it. Anyone have any ideas?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiff_Ellis View Post
    I love this patch, but Rekindleit doesn't seem to work. A new window doesn't open when I click it. Anyone have any ideas?
    I'll check it out.
    URL shortening via is.gd also not working right now. {Jonathan}
  12.    #32  
    Thanks guys, I've got a couple of requests to port it to 3.0 and the Touchpad, sooooooo if something's not working or you want an app added, now's the time to speak up. I've already got Tachyon, but write down any others.

EDIT: Those things that aren't working are suspiciously all after the Send to Instapaper option, so I think I borked something when I added it. ^^;;

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, so when I was testing the Instapaper option, I commented out all the functions after it to figure where any problems were and forgot to uncomment them out before submitting the update, soooo none of them work, hahahaha.....well, it's fixed and I added Tachyon, sorry about that.
    Last edited by malpha; 07/22/2011 at 09:12 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I did add "Add to ReadOnTouch" to the patch (for 2.2.0 / 2.2.3) yesterday and did submit it.
    great patch... Could you support phnx twitter client please?
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    I did add "Add to ReadOnTouch" to the patch (for 2.2.0 / 2.2.3) yesterday and did submit it.
    ReadOnTouch is also listed in the 2.1-130 but seems not to be implemented in the Tweaks options. ReInstall of patch did not fix it. Malpha is it already implemented in the 2.1?
    any chance to get readontouch PHONE appID added to the 2.2.4 version? Pre2 users have PHONE not PRO Version.

ah well made a quick fix:

http://www.nexave.de/forum/p439212-readontouch-pro-eine-app-zum-on-und-offline-lesen-von-webseiten/.html#post439212

perhaps someone implements multi ID like in spaz:
    var spazappids = ['com.funkatron.app.spaz-beta', 'com.funkatron.app.spaz-sped', 'com.funkatron.app.spaz'], spazindex = 0;

with:
    "com.sven-ziegler.readontouch";
    and
    "com.sven-ziegler.readontouch-phone";
    Last edited by gizmo21; 12/27/2011 at 02:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomassplatch View Post
    great patch... Could you support phnx twitter client please?
    I second this (+ Project Macaw).
    So i have code ready for an updated ReadOnTouch adding ReadOnTouch-Phone for Pre2 users and a brand new option 'send via DataJog' which is an doing similar stuff like neato! . Tested both on Pre2/Pre3. What to do next, the original authors seem not have time right now (PMed them), should i just submit as update via Webosinternals Patch Portal?

submitted it to patch portal, hope i did all correctly.
    Update for webOS 2.2.4 is in the feeds (thx rwhitby for helping).
    I try to get them updated for the older versions too.
    "Send via DataJog" works with soon to be released version 2.1

@juggernaut and @tomassplatch for apps that should be supported by this patch contact the developers of the apps and tell them to implement cross-app launching parameters and have them documented here:
    Cross-App Launching - WebOS101

After that you can post all the appids (if multiple versions like full/free...) that should be supported here.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast