1.    #1  
    I have a near oem verizon pre 2, and i really want a copy of 2.1 on there. Is this doable at all?
  2.    #3  
    yeah, i've done that, and when webos doctor tries to install 2.1, it says I have the wrong device for the patch.
    This wouldn't be a patch, but it would be a custom doctor.

I'm not surprised that doesn't work, that wiki is intended for Pre+/- devices upgrading to 2.1, not Pre2.

Seems like the Meta-doctor could be used to create a custom doctor using the 2.0.1 public doctor for Pre2, and the 2.1 doctor for the GSM Pre2... I don't know how to do that, but it seems feasible.

FWIW 2.1 is buggy, has memory leaks, and is generally a pretty weak release (IMO). That said i am still using it and don't plan to go back to 1.4.5...
    Ah yeah, my bad, only works on a Verizon FrankenPre 2.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  5.    #6  
    can i make my pre 2 a frankenPre 2?
    umm no you would have to have a pre2 and a pre minus from sprint or verizon and switch com board from one to the other . but thats all i know of . ask pastor rich he would know better than i would .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #8  
    well i have a pre 2, so would a pre plus help me make a frankenpre? and how do i go about that swap?
    look at the link nachoB posted up about 6 posts and see for yourself . its not real hard to do . but pastor rich will help you if you need help .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #10  
    the link above is for when you have a frankenpre2, not how to make one from a pre2
    Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals

this is the step by step pictured tutorial for frankin preing your sprint pre minus or verizon preplus phones
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Hi,

So almost everyone is missing the point. Verizon has not released a 2.1 upgrade for the Pre 2. It shipped with 2.01, the same as the Pre 2 developer phones. HP has released an OTA update for the GSM Pre 2. It fixes a lot of the bugs in 2.01 and enables voice dialing and exhibition mode.

At this point, you would have to create your own metadoctor script to combine the GSM WR 2.1 roadrunner doctor with the 2.01 Verizon roadrunner doctor. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $that$ $has$ $not$ $been$ $done$ $yet$.

jbates
    Uh, your second paragraph was the point I believe that everybody GOT and reported it as not being possible unless he Franken's his Verizon Pre2.
    so I took some time to look through the scripts in the metadoctor git and I am not sure if the WebOS Internals guys have created proper scripts for this situation.

It looks like the script "meta-verizon-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0" might work based on the doctors that it downloads, mainly the Verizon 2.01 and wr 2.1.

The script includes a carrier tarball so I think it would get the Verizon apps from 2.01.

I think you might get better results asking this question in the WebOS Internals developer forum.

Later,

John
  14.    #15  
    yeah it doesnt work, i've tried.