1.    #1  
    UPDATE!: I've uploaded a tutorial video for this, and you can find it Huge thanks to Garret92c!

So I just installed the "Make it so..." patch, and it got me thinking. Shouldn't there be a patch to allow custom strings for what an individual would like to put there?

Excuse me if this is already done, but if not, I'm sure there would be many interested parties around this website.
    Last edited by TheAngelOfElysium; 04/01/2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Tutorial video
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    you could probably do this yourself if you downloaded the patch and edited the "make it so" to a saying of your choice in a text editor.
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    you could probably do this yourself if you downloaded the patch and edited the "make it so" to a saying of your choice in a text editor.
    yep
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    actually - anyone know where i could find it? the patches portal doesn't give a link to download the patch and i cant find it on the forums
  5.    #5  
    Alright, on it. I'll post up the results.
    actually - anyone know where i could find it? the patches portal doesn't give a link to download the patch and i cant find it on the forums
    here
    Attached Files Attached Files
    awesome, thanks for the template

p.s. why does it say your name 3 times?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    here
    Ah, just as I was about to snag the patch and do a little editing. Thanks!
    p.s. why does it say your name 3 times?
    because im special. lol lol
  10.    #10  
    Ah, bollocks. I was going to use "PUNCH THE KEYS, FOR GOD'S SAKE!" but it turns out that it's too long, and the text won't scale, so I end up with "PUNCH THE KEYS, FOR GOD..." which on second thought sounds like some nerdy Crusader kinda thing. Ah well. Imagination time~

EDIT: Well, after a considerably difficult thirty seconds of thinking, I kinda went with a TiŽsto thing. I doubt anyone will know who that is, but if anyone does, then the screenshot here will make sense
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheAngelOfElysium; 03/31/2011 at 05:13 PM.
    You can get the patches if you type the address for the feed in your web browser. Just start here:

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/

And head on down. The patches are in ipk packages, but you can open those with an advanced unzipper, like 7zip, I believe. In Linux, you can just use the default Archive Manager.
    screwdestiny
    PSN ē Twitter ē Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    Ah, bollocks. I was going to use "PUNCH THE KEYS, FOR GOD'S SAKE!" but it turns out that it's too long, and the text won't scale, so I end up with "PUNCH THE KEYS, FOR GOD..." which on second thought sounds like some nerdy Crusader kinda thing. Ah well. Imagination time~

EDIT: Well, after a considerably difficult thirty seconds of thinking, I kinda went with a TiŽsto thing. I doubt anyone will know who that is, but if anyone does, then the screenshot here will make sense
    Of course I know who Tiesto is... lol. And good choice for the text. One of his best songs
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post

Of course we know Tiesto. Nice choice.
    Last edited by Loiter; 03/31/2011 at 08:47 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Of course I know who Tiesto is... lol. And good choice for the text. One of his best songs
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Of course we know Tiesto. Nice choice.
    Hooray! I'm glad I'm not alone here!
  15.    #15  
    BONK! For tutorial video!
    next step - tweaks support!!!

p.s. For some reason it doesn't apply the patch - I am using internalz pro.
    Last edited by 7 fissurez; 04/12/2011 at 08:52 AM.
    this patch works on the touchpad as well
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch