Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hello,
    I read through the forums looking for install errors for the close on hangup patch and have not found anything addressing this. I recently swapped my Pre for a refurb due to keyboard related issues. After running the Save/Restore utlity and re-loading patches, there were a few that didn't load properly, most of which I din't really mind.
    Of course the one that is a lifesaver, "close on hangup", is giving me an install error and I am unsure how to correct.
    Has anyone seen this before and is there any way to correct?
    Thx in advance.

identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-close-on-hangup
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-close-on-hangup.postinst 2>&1
    ERROR: Cannot find patch file, bspatch file or additonal_files!
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.phone-close-on-hangup from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.phone-close-on-hangup.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Have you tried going through Preware and installing the patch via Available Patches instead of via your Saved Package list?
    Last edited by NachoB; 03/31/2011 at 10:40 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have and same error.
    Which version of webOS are you running?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I had to doctor my phone this weekend and have the same problem. Sprint Pre- on 1.4.5.
    Patch says it's version 1.4.5-1
    It downloads successfully, but when the install procedure happens, it can't find the downloaded file.
    I've decided to live without it.
    I have the same problem since I got my Pre back from repair!

I installed it via Preware, even uninstalled other patches that could be messing with but nothing! No way to install it!

?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    At least we know we're not nuts.. Pretty annoying though for something that should be a std feature. Hoping someone has a fix and can post it.

thx
    Same deal here...

Just received a refurb with a nice smooooth screen! Definitely need to get that Close on hangup patch working, as it's the only way I can ensure no randomly placed calls.

Help!
    Do you guys happen to have installed Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch? If so, that is possibly what is causing your failure because that functionality is built into ACSP. With ACSP installed, Launch Phone app, go to Preferences, you'll see an On/Off toggle for Close After Call.

Hope this helps.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I don't have that patch, so no dice. Appreciate the suggestion.
    Nor I...

I did download the Advanced sys config patch and it works well, so I have the functionality I needed.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I tried, can't install that either
    Make sure that before you try to install the ACSP patch that you delete the other phone patches with known incompatibility.

I simply deleted all my phone patches and had no problem installing the Advanced Config patch.

Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    thanks for the tip, unfortunately even that didn't work for me. May try the doctor again and try the advanced system patch first, confirm it works, then reinstal other patches.
    Just run Emergency Patch Recovery, no need to doctor. ACSP conflicts with a lot of patches so, as you said, install it first after running EPR.

Read the wiki to see what all it adds. May provide some insight to which patches you have that are conflicting.
    http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/Patch:AdvancedConfigurations
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/04/2011 at 04:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I got the same error as well after receiving my refurbished unit. I tried installing this patch first (from preware available patches) since I grew to love it so much and still got the error. I now have Advanced Configuration for System Preferences installed so I will use the functionality there - very glad to learn about that one.
    <<thread moved>>
    Hello all, i'm having a similar issue. i have a refurbished (im assuming because i had moisture damage to the original. this is from insurance) phone with OS version 1.4.5. I used save/restore to restore data to the apps and restored almost all of my patches. when i tried to reinstall the Call end on hangup patch, i got an error. so its not installed. i tried to install Advanced Config for System Preferences and got a similar error message. it would not install. Im not sure what's going on. i've installed other patches and apps without an issue. Can anyone help? Here is the error message i recieve:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    59 102k 59 62681 0 0 84205 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 126k
    100 102k 100 102k 0 0 134k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 203k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-3000-autoreplace-words
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-3000-autoreplace-words.postinst 2>&1
    22 out of 44 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-3000-autoreplace-words from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-3000-autoreplace-words.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

I know this just a re-iteration of whats already here, but my issue was alittle different. I'm also not getting the correct amount of Apps listed in Preware. Its saying something like 583 when i know its well above that. any ideas?