Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    for 2.1.0 rom, it is difficult to amend the launcher itself, so how about to add a page(which is already functional by itself) and drag all unwanted icons to that page and then HIDE this page? which is quite customer oriented.

while if those masters have applied the 1.4.5 hide icons functions on 2.1.0, that's marvelous! and this thread can be dumped.
    Last edited by andyghost; 03/29/2011 at 02:59 AM. Reason: mistyped
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    it seems that I had asked a silly question, since nobody cared. And that means the launcher is virtually untouchable, right?
    I for one care, I'd love to be able to hide a launcher page. Currently I've created a new page called 'unused' and move all my 'unused' icons onto it, then moved the page itself to the far right of all my pages, that way at least I never really see it.
    I'm pretty sure the launcher cannot be modified at this point.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I wish I could hide many of the icons I have in my launcher pages. They get too many in some pages.
    you can add, re-order, and delete pages in 2.x

Is that what you want to do?
    I believe the OP wants to hide apps (like in 1.4.5), but since this is not possible in 2.1.0 currently, maybe a hide page is another way to achieve this?

As suggested above, I also use an extra unused page in the end of pages to keep unused apps & service/manager apps. For now...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you can add, re-order, and delete pages in 2.x

Is that what you want to do?
    No, that's not the case.
    The point is to "hide" the icons of things you don't use (like some apps you use rarelay) or you use through other ways (for example things in quick launch) or things that you don't run (like sysmgr).

PS And to think that webOS has few apps compared to other OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I wish I could hide many of the icons I have in my launcher pages. They get too many in some pages.
    I just created a page called "misc" at the far right and I put all that stuff on that page. If I didn't want others to find it I'd probably create a blank page before it to the left.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Yes, that's what I do. But it's another launcher page and I would prefer an option to just control which apps appear in launcher.