1.    #1  
    Is there a patch for this? Some kind of screen lock that could be released say, when the slider is opened?

On car trips, or in times of dire need, I will pull up kids shows on Sprint TV and let my children watch. They are very gentle with my Pre, but keep touching the screen, thus canceling the show. If I could turn off the touch aspect that would be great.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    there is a patch that will keep video running in a card view. Is that what you want?

Other than that you can use Mode Switcher to disable the screen shutting off. Or you can do it manually with Quick System Tasks.
    I think the OP is talking about disabling touch input. As far as that goes, I'm not sure. Interesting idea though, would come in handy for my kids as well.
    With a 2 year old daughter who loves Owl Babies - but can't keep her fingers off the screen - I would also be grateful for this patch. Perhaps it should disable the screen when a video is playing and the keyboard is closed, allow access when keyboard is open.

And, no, there is no suitable patch or program available as far as I can see.

Thanks
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    I think the OP is talking about disabling touch input. As far as that goes, I'm not sure. Interesting idea though, would come in handy for my kids as well.
    You are spot-on. That is exactly what I'm talking about. When I let the kids watch the iPod Nano Video, I flip the switch so they can't change anything. But, with the Pre, it's impossible and I keep having to restart what they were watching.

If anyone knows of, or writes anything, I would be interested to know.

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me