1.    #1  
    I would like webos 2.1 to speed up the messaging app and the system all together. Now whenever I send a message, it gets stuck for a couple of seconds and then the message (with its geen background) comes in the conversation and the messaging app and the phone all together becomes fully functional again..

please help?
    That sounds a little beyond a "simple" patch. If it makes you feel any better, most of us have the same problem and just deal with it. It is what it is.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by yentl007 View Post
    I would like webos 2.1 to speed up the messaging app and the system all together.
    it isnt a patch - its called overclocking.
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
    Yep, but somehow overclocking even seems to slow down messaging, especially mms...:-(

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It's not the overclocking that slows it down.....It's something to do with 2.1 and legacy devices. There's a reason why it wasn't officially released to all devices and on that note ..... probably more than one reason. If you've upgraded to 2.1 on a legacy device and don't like the results..... Here's the disclaimer in the wiki:

This is a process that uses official HP software in unofficial ways. You should always be prepared for the unlikely possibility that your device may be completely wiped and your Palm profile may be permanently destroyed. Do not proceed unless you have made appropriate backups and are OK with that. Working knowledge of MetaDoctor and Linux systems in general is needed.

If you feel the need to ask whether you should do this on your primary phone, then you should not, as that indicates that you have not yet taken the required precautions and backups in case something goes wrong.

I'm not saying that I necessarily like all things about 2.1, but I did understand the fact that some things may or may not turn out as expected and I'm ok with that. I don't know what device you're using, I'm on a Original Pre, and have conceded that with only 256MB RAM, there are going to be some shortfalls that I'm going to have to deal with if I'm to stay with 2.1.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    There has always been a lag in sending texts, only before it moved the text up first. It was greyed out for a second or two before it was sent. Now the text just sits there before being sent.

I think it's all perception
    My Pre 2 with webOS 2.1 lags on sending SMS when on 2.0.1 it had no such lag. I have doctored already and it has not helped. This is not a Pre -/+ issue with 2.1.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    The weird thing is, it lags while sending IMs as well.
    This occurs on Pre 2s as well?
    Yes, it happens with IM's as well on the Pre 2. Didn't happen before the update though :/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    it isnt a patch - its called overclocking.
    i already did
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    It's not the overclocking that slows it down.....It's something to do with 2.1 and legacy devices. There's a reason why it wasn't officially released to all devices and on that note ..... probably more than one reason. If you've upgraded to 2.1 on a legacy device and don't like the results..... Here's the disclaimer in the wiki:

This is a process that uses official HP software in unofficial ways. You should always be prepared for the unlikely possibility that your device may be completely wiped and your Palm profile may be permanently destroyed. Do not proceed unless you have made appropriate backups and are OK with that. Working knowledge of MetaDoctor and Linux systems in general is needed.

If you feel the need to ask whether you should do this on your primary phone, then you should not, as that indicates that you have not yet taken the required precautions and backups in case something goes wrong.

I'm not saying that I necessarily like all things about 2.1, but I did understand the fact that some things may or may not turn out as expected and I'm ok with that. I don't know what device you're using, I'm on a Original Pre, and have conceded that with only 256MB RAM, there are going to be some shortfalls that I'm going to have to deal with if I'm to stay with 2.1.
    You're absolutely right, and I'm not complaining or anything. Just wanted to point it out with the hope that there may be a solution of some sort. Actually the biggest problem for me so far (which I can live with since I absolutely love the features of 2.1) is that the camera tends to be real laggy. I'm on a german pre- running 2.1.