1.    #1  
    I received a Palm Pre with WebOS 1.4.1 with some patches installed, what is the impact if I upgrade it as is to 1.4.5?

If there is an impact, how can I remove them? I already try webos quick install (4.04) but it does not show any patches to remove.

Thanks for your help
    Upgrade to 1.4.5 will remove all patches and homebrew apps.

In WOSQI you need to go to 'Device Management' under 'Tools' in order to see patches.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

3.    #3  
    Thanks for the feedback. In WOSQI I did exactly that, but it did not show any patches for the device in it does have 4 or more (4x4, date&time on top bar, etc).

I read on some threads that you need to remove patches before upgrading (not sure why) but if there is no other impact to the device or my data in it other than losing the patches and homebrew apps, then I will go ahead and just do the upgrade.

Thanks
    Well I'm not too sure actually. I think for an OTA ugrade it would be a good idea to remove patches. But if you're using the WebOS doctor, then no, it wipes your device so there is no need to remove the patches. If you just got the phone, and want to update to 1.4.5 and have a clean fresh install, here are the steps involved:

1. Go into Device Info app and select 'Full Erase'
    2. Download the 1.4.5 Doctor here
    3. Run the doctor

Or you can skip the first step if you don't need to erase the usb partition.

But yeah, running the doctor instead of doing OTA upgrade nullifies the need to uninstall the patches.

And WOSQI is probably glitching because 1.4.1 is so old.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

5.    #5  
    Yes it is an OTA update, and I was trying to avoid losing all the data that I just finished setting up on the phone with a full erase. If I do step 2 and 3 on your last post will I loss all my data?
    You'll need to perform a manual backup. Go into backups application and select back up now.

Here is a list of what is and what is not backed up.

Also if you're running the doctor from the computer, it doesn't delete your music / photos / ringtones.

Also, if Preware is installed on your phone you can run that and remove the patches from there, then run the OTA update. Otherwise I'd do a backup and run the doctor just to be safe.

7.    #7  
    I will try the preware if not able to delete the patches then I will do the doctor. Many thanks for your help!!!
    you could also try download the emergency patch recovery tool from preware - that will remove all patches I think...
  9.    #9  
    Just to update this thread, I tried the emergency pathc recovery in preware and it did not detected any of the patches installed. Anyways, I took a chance and did the OTA update to 1.4.5 with the patches and everything went fine. The update installed correctly and the patches are gone.