1.    #1  
    This might seem like a dumb request, but it would help me greatly, so I assume there has to be someone out there who would also benefit from it. I also assume it would be relatively trivial to implement.

Can someone create a toggle -- much like the Data Connection and GPS toggle -- that switches the Wi-Fi Sleep Settings from "Keep Wi-Fi On" to "Turn Wi-Fi Off" When Phone Sleeps? Changing that setting twice daily has become annoying, as it is nestled in the Wi-Fi : Preferences : Sleep Settings submenu.

I happen to have one wireless network in my everyday life (my home network) which drains my battery at about 20x the normal rate (no exaggeration) if I leave the Wi-Fi : Preferences : Sleep Settings to "Keep Wi-Fi On". However, everywhere else I go, I prefer that setting to avoid 3G data usage.

I have a Pre Plus on WebOS 2.1.
    Last edited by flitch81; 03/18/2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flitch81 View Post
    This might seem like a dumb request, but it would help me greatly, so I assume there has to be someone out there who would also benefit from it. I also assume it would be relatively trivial to implement.

Can someone create a toggle -- much like the Data Connection and GPS toggle -- that switches the Wi-Fi Sleep Settings from "Keep Wi-Fi On" to "Turn Wi-Fi Off" When Phone Sleeps? Changing that setting twice daily has become annoying, as it is nestled in the Wi-Fi : Preferences : Sleep Settings submenu.

I happen to have one wireless network in my everyday life (my home network) which drains my battery at about 20x the normal rate (no exaggeration) if I leave the Wi-Fi : Preferences : Sleep Settings to "Keep Wi-Fi On". However, everywhere else I go, I prefer that setting to avoid 3G data usage.

I have a Pre Plus on WebOS 2.1.
    This sounds like a task for Mode Switcher.

It isn't released yet for 2.1, but supposedly the 1.4.5 version works OK. I can't say for sure that you can access the wifi sleep settings with it, but it seems likely.

The way it would work is mode switcher runs in the background. You would set up a mode for your home wifi network that triggers on connection to that specific network and changes that preference. When you disconnect from it the mode would then load the Default mode, which would revert to the other sleep setting.

Check out the Mode Switcher thread for waaaay more information on it than i can give you.