Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Currently you have to install this app using either palm-install or the gui. This makes some changes to the Agenda View in Exhibition Mode.

* Access Preferences Screen
    * Change Background Color
    * Change Background Picture (wallpaper, and standard)
    * Change Transparency of text background
    * Preview Landscape mode in the individual app mode (away from exhibition; access via launcher)

v0.3
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by thfcme; 04/04/2011 at 06:16 PM.
    Interesting. I still haven't gotten my Pre- to use Exhibition Mode properly and will probably have to rebuild my unit with a fresh version of 2.1 before I could really take advantage of it. Either way, your patch looks promising and keep up the great work! Sorli...

Update: I finally figured it out Exhibition that is...I did not think it was working, but I never noticed the Exhibition Menu at the upper left that allows users to switch to Agenda View or otherwise. Exhibition works perfectly fine on my Pre- running 2.1 and I just simply did not read the instructions. Either way, I'm looking forward to what you Agenda Patch does and offer and thanks.
    Last edited by sorli; 03/18/2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Exhibition working...
    Sounds like a great idea! Looking forward to try.
  4.    #4  
    I think exhibiton is really nice, I just don't think there are enoug custom apps ready for it. I also want to try and have arrows to advance the day. It only shows today... Or maybe a week view.

I got a free developer Pre 2 phone, and I want to contribute as much as possible!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcme View Post
    I think exhibiton is really nice, I just don't think there are enoug custom apps ready for it. I also want to try and have arrows to advance the day. It only shows today... Or maybe a week view.

I got a free developer Pre 2 phone, and I want to contribute as much as possible!
    Good Idea. Im looking at at least a weeks view on the agenda. 2 weeks would be better.

I miss my agenda patch already.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
  6.    #6  
    Here is an updated pic of my work.

1. I added a cute little cogwheel to the bottom right, I'll probably make it smaller. My intent is, on the bottom left have a left and right arrow to cycle through different days. A swipe would be better. All of this I have no idea how to do

2. I cleaned up the hidden Preferences Scene. Now its formatted for 'Exhibition Mode' - and it doesn't have the curved top.

3. I took out the None (black) option, since it didn't seem to work, and I renamed 'flowers' to Default.

This preferences section could be further expanded for 'weekly views'; 'change font sizes' and more.

There is code (which is commented out by Palm) to allow for landscape viewing. But on each attempt to enable that, it breaks the program.

95% of all of this Ive done on the Pre 2 with Internalz !! Internalz is AWESOME. This allows me to play, I mean 'develop' while in the living room and not seem like I'm not escaping from my wifes company.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    would love landscape to work! Keep up the good work.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Nice! Let us know when it's ready
  9.    #9  

I have custom backgrounds working, and the Calendar items have a transparent black background in case the background is too bright. I particularly like the dark background. I made the top strip totally black, and will probably do the same to the bottom.

You'll notice the third image, I can't get that to work in Exhibition mode; I assume landscaping has been disabled. But as its own app, I can switch to landscape, and the developers did a good job, it looks nice.

Finally look at the pic below. There is code dealing with a resolution of 400px by 600px. I found this really perplexing, but interesting!

Next I'm looking at customizing the opacity of the background so its up to the user whether or not to disable/enable. I want a cute little icon next to the 'Daily' activity, and finally advance through days.

This looks awesome! When will it be available for the general public? If you need an additional tester I volunteer.
    Nice work! Enjoy your walk(s)!
  12.    #12  
    ha! No walking for me. Too healthy.

Release date is in the coming months.

I couldn't resist! No, I know I'm slow.. I do web development for multiple companies, and time is ltd. I'm getting to it as quickly as I can.

I will prolly take you up on that testing mamouton!!
    Is this just for agenda view? Can this be done for the "Time" view too? I've been wanting to change the background in exhibition mode.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Is this just for agenda view? Can this be done for the "Time" view too? I've been wanting to change the background in exhibition mode.
    This is just for the Agenda view (app).

I would think it wouldn't be that difficult to enable a custom background on the Time App
    This is just for the Agenda view (app).

I would think it wouldn't be that difficult to enable a custom background on the Time App
    That would be great if we could have one for both.
  16.    #16  
    OK Ive finished up the first version of my Agenda 'patch' - I now just have to figure how to 'roll it out'. Heres a video of what it can do. Subsequent version I'll look at advancing days. Maybe

OK Ive finished up the first version of my Agenda 'patch' - I now just have to figure how to 'roll it out'. Heres a video of what it can do. Subsequent version I'll look at advancing days. Maybe

Awesome. I want to try this out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Awesome. I want to try this out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Same. This looks awesome
    When can we expect to see this patch available?
    What made this the best was watching that video in the hilarious 1911-o-vision.

No but seriously, this is incredible. I'd certainly like to see a launch date before the coming months!
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast