Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    What made this the best was watching that video in the hilarious 1911-o-vision.

No but seriously, this is incredible. I'd certainly like to see a launch date before the coming months!
    I was wondering what that 1911 thing was. That WAS funny. lol
  2.    #22  
    Sorry if it doesn't work for you! I've tried my best.

Some legal:
    Please note this is experimental and I take no responsibility in any damage caused to your phone. Although I have tested the above, this package should be considered 'untested' in the field.

and so on..

Download this zip and read through the instructions, you will have to use the palm-install tool. It overwrites the existing agenda view app. Ive included the original ipk for Agenda View to revert back.

Problems I've had:
    * While testing and trying different things, I have had TWO Agenda tabs display in Exhibition mode - I feel this is part of a problem trying to change version numbers and titles, I would be surprised if it happens following the instructions included.
    * There can be up to a 5 second delay in your background settings to change
    * If you change your actual wallpaper, you have to restart the phone in order to see the new wallpaper in the Agenda (if you have the System Wallpaper set)

-Latest version see first post-
    Evidence it works on my phone
    Last edited by thfcme; 04/04/2011 at 06:12 PM.
    Nice! I installed and I did notice it doesn't overwrite the original one in usr/palm/applications it just adds the app to /media/cr../usr/palm/applications. It would be nice to advance the days as well. Great work!
    I was able to use wosqi to install the ipk!

I cool feature woud be to have the abllity to use the wallpaper folder as the source for images.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/02/2011 at 07:51 PM.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Nice! I installed and I did notice it doesn't overwrite the original one in usr/palm/applications it just adds the app to /media/cr../usr/palm/applications. It would be nice to advance the days as well. Great work!
    I was able to use wosqi to install the ipk!
    So you can uninstall it the typical way? If so, I will change the instructions.

Its good to see it on another device !!
    Let me try to uninstall now and report back.
    Yes you can just the orange tap to delete the app and it is gone and never affects the original agenda app. Cool! Just used Preware and Internalz Pro to install with no problems.
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/02/2011 at 07:58 PM.
  6.    #26  
    Let me try to uninstall now and report back.
    Yes you can just the orange tap to delete the app and it is gone and never affects the original agenda app. Cool! Just used Preware and Internalz Pro to install with no problems.
    Yay!

I of course designed it that way... <ahem> So I assume I can submit to the patch website.

I'll update instructions - thanks mamouton!
    lol!
    It would be a cool feature to be able to use the wallpaper folder to select from images maybe adding the picker but referencing another location. Just a thought. I like this it works well in exhibition mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcme View Post
    Yay!

I of course designed it that way... <ahem> So I assume I can submit to the patch website.

I'll update instructions - thanks mamouton!
    Now that will be tricky since you changed so much I was trying to find the files you changed and put it in a patch format so you could submit but when I saw you added the images as well. If you put it in a patch it would modify the orginal app but it would be easily reverted if needed. What all files did you change? You could do something similiar to ubercalendar. He has mulitple files the patch touches but also references the users to the first post to add the .scrims/scrims folder and place the images in there. You could do something like that.
    hey thfcme. I went through and made the patch for you so you can submit to Preware. You will definetly need to change the location for where you store the images though. I am quite sure Preware won't accept it not being in patch form.

Now once you change location for images you can update the patch on the fly. notice you cog wheel is missing on screen shot.

Let me know if you want me to post the patch here for you. It installs and uninstalls great!
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/02/2011 at 10:07 PM.
  10.    #30  
    hey thfcme. I went through and made the patch for you so you can submit to Preware. You will definetly need to change the location for where you store the images though. I am quite sure Preware won't accept it not being in patch form.

Now once you change location for images you can update the patch on the fly. notice you cog wheel is missing on screen shot.

Let me know if you want me to post the patch here for you. It installs and uninstalls great!
    Hey - firstly, thank you so much for working on the patch. I saw that you posted it first, and I nabbed it. I now understand how to make multiple changes using the one patch file.

Here is my solution.

I've removed the 'black.jpg' and cogwheel image. I changed the app to recognize 'none' and just make the whole div the color you select for the header. So that creates an additional way to customize the look, you can have the entire page black, orange, red etc. So thats black.jpg taken care of.

As for the cogwheel, I changed the img to agenda-48x48.png which is already installed, and I reduced the size using css. Not as fancy as the cogwheel but functional.

Voila - no images.

I made a log of those changes and will apply it to the patch you made. Then it can be submitted!!!!!!!!
    Cool glad I could help. I removed because it I didn't want to take for granted that you wanted me to post it. Hence me asking before I posted it now. Is there a way to reference the .wallpaper for the image files then we could use any background we wanted? That would be awesome.

I still am using the black jpg see my screenshots, and that is with the patch I made.
    I use Jason's Unifed Diff creator to make my patches http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...f-creator.html
  13.    #33  
    Cool glad I could help. I removed because it I didn't want to take for granted that you wanted me to post it. Hence me asking before I posted it now. Is there a way to reference the .wallpaper for the image files then we could use any background we wanted? That would be awesome.

I still am using the black jpg see my screenshots, and that is with the patch I made.
    Yeah the wallpaper thing, I would guess a way to do it, would be to get a listing of files in the wallpaper folder and populate the widget with that list. I'm not sure how to do that. The app - looks at your preferences file and finds what wallpaper image you are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcme View Post
    Hey - firstly, thank you so much for working on the patch. I saw that you posted it first, and I nabbed it. I now understand how to make multiple changes using the one patch file.

Here is my solution.

I've removed the 'black.jpg' and cogwheel image. I changed the app to recognize 'none' and just make the whole div the color you select for the header. So that creates an additional way to customize the look, you can have the entire page black, orange, red etc. So thats black.jpg taken care of.

As for the cogwheel, I changed the img to agenda-48x48.png which is already installed, and I reduced the size using css. Not as fancy as the cogwheel but functional.

Voila - no images.

I made a log of those changes and will apply it to the patch you made. Then it can be submitted!!!!!!!!
    So looking at the screenshot is that a little picture of the calendar where the cogwheel used to be? I just copied my cogwheel to the image folder. I couldn't see where to add the line to reference the .wallpaper. Maybe Garrett or warlord will pop in here and help out with the wallpaper thing. They are some patch geniuses.
    Why not have it pull an image from within Webos.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Well there is one of them!
    Well there is one of them!
    does it have to be that image you speak of ?

18.    #38  
    So looking at the screenshot is that a little picture of the calendar where the cogwheel used to be? <snip>
    Yes the calendar pic is part of the package, so I can use it without having to require the user to upload his/her own picture (ie the cogwheel). I can also add a checkbox to the preferences pane, if checked - the app will look for the cogwheel, so you can go to the trouble of uploading it or use as is.

The picture less patch i'll submit tomorrow and I can still be working on the additional enhancements. Maybe we should make a github page !!

I'm gonna take a peek at advancing days.. and I'm in the process of asking Mr Apotheker for some HP resources
    this is thfcme's baby I was just thinking outside the box and wanted to be able to select different wallpapers.
    this is thfcme's baby I was just thinking outside the box and wanted to be able to select different wallpapers.
    I made the background black so you can see it better.

\usr\lib\luna\system\luna-applauncher\images\search-icon-manage.png

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast