1.    #1  
    Currently because of the change in the way webos 2.1 stores text messages and call history in database, there is no way to transfer them from legacy versions of webos. Thus I would like to officially request a patch that would enable copying an entire individual messaging thread to memos or email as a solution. There already exists the message forwarding patch that allows you to copy or forward an individual text to email etc, but what I am looking for is a patch that would copy and forward and ENTIRE messaging thread to email or allow to copy and entire thread to memos.

For example, you may have messaging thread from friend that is 1000 texts long. The patch would allow to copy the ENTIRE messaging thread, not just individual texts, and forward to email or copy to memos. The latter would be preferable.

Some one please tell me if this is possible??

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Trust me if it were possible it would have already been done. Several people have requested something similar to that, myself being one of them. I bit the bullest and copied one thread using copy all under edit and pasted parts of the convo together until it was complete. Wrote the date/time/sender on a notepad to add to the document later. Only option and sadly for your use it wouldn't add them to you convos in 2.x.
    A month and 2 days later, I'll ask the same question. I understand you can "Copy and Forward to Email" but it's only the text, not all the extra info like time/date stamps. I also know you can do screenshots, but it's a pretty long thread that I need in its entirety, and my photoshop skills are, well, I'm getting frustrated at how bad I am Is there a way to extract/export an entire thread with all the info?

It's too bad you cant hit Option-Shift-Tap at the top of the thread and then at the bottom and select the whole thing, but it appears you can't.

I'd prefer not to go about it the screenshot way, but if that's my only option, I guess I'm going to have to get better with the photoshop skills.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    You could just copy all the text and paste it into an email. Then go back through and write down on a pad, or in the same email you pasted the text into, the date/time/sender. As was said before this is sadly your only option...
    Thanks, although I already understood that part. Just seeing if something new has come up or not
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    You could just copy all the text and paste it into an email. Then go back through and write down on a pad, or in the same email you pasted the text into, the date/time/sender. As was said before this is sadly your only option...
    how to copy all the text?

i have a 17 thousand text thread. anyway i could back that up and look through it?
    Last edited by giggles; 04/19/2011 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post

i have a 17 thousand text thread. anyway i could back that up and look through it?
    When you're in the text convo, top left menu, edit - copy all. I would suggest starting at the very top of the conversaton. When you use copy all, it will copy a block of the text messages. After pasting the copied text into your calendar or email, make note of what sentance it stopped at. Go back to the convo and scroll down to that sentance. When you get to that sentance, scroll down just a ittle bit more. Using copy all, it will now copy some of the text above where you're at on the screen and a little below. After doing it a few times you will get the hang of how much scrolling you need to do. It's a tedious task but definitely a for sure way of getting the text backed up.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    When you're in the text convo, top left menu, edit - copy all. I would suggest starting at the very top of the conversaton. When you use copy all, it will copy a block of the text messages. After pasting the copied text into your calendar or email, make note of what sentance it stopped at. Go back to the convo and scroll down to that sentance. When you get to that sentance, scroll down just a ittle bit more. Using copy all, it will now copy some of the text above where you're at on the screen and a little below. After doing it a few times you will get the hang of how much scrolling you need to do. It's a tedious task but definitely a for sure way of getting the text backed up.
    thanks i figured that out. but no way im doing that for 17,000 thousand texts.

I think you are going to have to copy the database using this "http://www.precentral.net/how-to-backup-and-restore-your-text-messages-and-call-history". Then find the instructions on how to edit/copy from the database and you can save to your computer. Seems this is going to be the only way for you to copy them.
    Also the Save/Restore program is supposed to save your texts to an html file. So you would have it to review.
    thanks i figured that out. but no way im doing that for 17,000 thousand texts.
    That's a lot. Is that for all your contacts or one? I have on contact that's at 12,600 alone.