1.    #1  
    This patch integrates on the fly adjustment & prefixing of phone numbers in the Pre dialer. The adjustment (a dialplan) must be setup by iDialPlan SMSi. Previous versions have been published in the iDialPlan thread, see that thread for examples. As of webOS 2.1 the patch will be published in this tread.

The patch itself does little more than executing a dial plan to adjust numbers for example when using a phone card. It's a beta release so webOS 2.1 users can use it iDialPlan. Will be submitted as a formal patch when out of beta.

Known issues
    v 2.1.0 (attached) for webOS 2.1 and iDialPlan SMSi v 1.0.4
    - some number formats cannot be redialed from the call log. So far this is true for a special European format: + 31 (0)20 5555 2323 that Google permits, however, contacts displays wrongly. It can be dialed by iDP though, otherwise it could not appear in the call log.
    - disabling/enabling this patch by phoning 00000/00001 shows the current state OK. (000000/000011 in the call log followed by the patch version.) The previous enable/disable state in the call log is wrongly displayed.

v 1.0.3 for webOS 2.0.1
    and iDialPlan v 1.0.4
    - numbers given in the money saver section must NOT include characters other than digits,p,w,t,#,* (not including the comma and space)
    - limited functionality when compared to 1.4.x , will not be improved anymore

== edit
    Added beta version for (only)
    - webOS 2.2 on HP-Unlocked Pre 3
    - webOS 2.3 on ATT Pre 3

Please report any issue. Known issues for this version:
    - If calling card access numbers or voipbuster like services are used, only the call through number is listed in history. The subscriber number is missing. So no redial.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 10/31/2011 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Beta verion for webOS 2.2 added
    any chance you will make the patch for pre3 webos2.2?

currently, the dialer in pre3 also has a bug recognizing incoming calls id.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    any chance you will make the patch for pre3 webos2.2?

currently, the dialer in pre3 also has a bug recognizing incoming calls id.
    Chance, yes. However..... finishing iDialPlan SMSi v2.0 is first priority here. I have seen that the phone app in webOS 2.2 has been rewritten completely and is prepared for enyo (!). So it might take a while to even investigate whether the patch is possible on 2.2.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 09/25/2011 at 08:22 AM.
    I'm also interested in the 2.2 patch to work with the Gold version. Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Made some time available and added a beta version for webOS 2.2, see first posting. Not yet submitted to Preware. Please try, report appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Made some time available and added a beta version for webOS 2.2, see first posting. Not yet submitted to Preware. Please try, report appreciated.
    pre3 2.2 seems to have a but with caller ID, will your patch fix that?! =)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    pre3 2.2 seems to have a but with caller ID, will your patch fix that?! =)
    Sorry, which button are you talking about? (have currently limited access to Pre 3)
    Thanks for writing the 2.2 patch. I tried to install it via WebOS Quick Install, and it reports 1 hunk failed. However, I can't seem to get the details on the problem. I removed my Advanced System patch for Phone and re-attempted, but same result.

I then tried to install it via Preware (Install from file:///), but it seems to hang. Does anyone know how to get more info from WebOS Quick install on patch failures? I read on the wiki about Quilt as another option, but seems far out there for 1 patch.
  9.    #9  
    There might be another way. Can you do a quick install linux command (under tools)? Issue the ls as given on the first line. Let's see whether your TelephonyDialHandler.jsjsjs $is$ $the$ $same$ $as$ $the$ $TelephonyDialHandler$.$js$.$webosinternals$.$orig$ $listed$ $below$. $Reason$ $I$ $ask$ $is$ $that$ $my$ $emulator$ $uses$ $a$ $different$ $file$ $compared$ $to$ $my$ $Pre$ $3$. $This$ $is$ $the$ $only$ $file$ $patched$ $by$ $the$ $2$.$2$ $version$.

Code:
    ls -a -l /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/source/telephonydialhandler/
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Oct 27 16:41 .
    drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          4096 Aug  9 03:26 ..
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root         49456 Jan 11  2011 MmiService.jsjsjs
    -$rw$-$r$--$r$--    $1$ $root$     $root$         $18158$ $Jul$ $27$ $02$:$03$ $TelephonyDialHandler$.$Org$.$js$
    -$rw$-$r$--$r$--    $1$ $root$     $root$         $21878$ $Oct$ $27$ $16$:$41$ $TelephonyDialHandler$.$js$
    -$rw$-$r$--$r$--    $1$ $root$     $root$         $18158$ $Oct$ $27$ $16$:$41$ $TelephonyDialHandler$.$js$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    -$rw$-$r$--$r$--    $1$ $root$     $root$          $1038$ $Jan$ $24$  $2011$ $UssdService$.$js$
    -$rw$-$r$--$r$--    $1$ $root$     $root$            $81$ $Jan$  $9$  $2011$ $all$-$depends$.$js$
    $root$@$IturaP3$:/#
    $root$@$IturaP3$:/#
    I checked out the directory, but unfortunately no other files:

Code:
    root@RysPre3:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/source/telephonydialhandler# ls -la
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Sep  9 20:17 .
    drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          4096 Oct 28 07:32 ..
    -$rw$-$r$--$r$--    $1$ $root$     $root$         $19525$ $Aug$ $17$ $02$:$30$ $TelephonyDialHandler$.$js$
    -$rw$-$r$--$r$--    $1$ $root$     $root$          $1038$ $Jan$ $24$  $2011$ $UssdService$.$js$
    I tried re-applying via webos quick install, and left the error dialog up. Confirmed the .rej file isn't in this dir.
    hmmm

I don't think it was mentioned, but the OS here is 2.2.3 (AT&T).
    Last edited by ry29; 10/28/2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Additional info
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ry29 View Post
    I checked out the directory, but unfortunately no other files:

Code:
    root@RysPre3:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/source/telephonydialhandler# ls -la
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Sep  9 20:17 .
    drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          4096 Oct 28 07:32 ..
    -$rw$-$r$--$r$--    $1$ $root$     $root$         $19525$ $Aug$ $17$ $02$:$30$ $TelephonyDialHandler$.$js$
    I tried re-applying via webos quick install, and left the error dialog up. Confirmed the .rej file isn't in this dir.
    hmmm

I don't think it was mentioned, but the OS here is 2.2.3 (AT&T).
    The files are different,see date and size. And mine is a Euro/FR, not AR&T. Did you update webos? Do you know how to display the webos build? I think it's trough Impostah. Once this is known I can look into the right emulator images.

I've read somewhere that the Preware & QI reject file is never produced, so don't be alarmed.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 10/29/2011 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Phone type, reject file
    Hi,
    I'm using webos 2.2.3 that I downloaded from:
    version 2.2.3 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...23mantaatt.jar

I'm not sure how to verify it in Impostah, but it's the version listed in Device Info.

Too bad it doesn't write out the .rej, I bet that would make things easier.
    Thanks!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ry29 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm using webos 2.2.3 that I downloaded from:
    version 2.2.3 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...23mantaatt.jar

I'm not sure how to verify it in Impostah, but it's the version listed in Device Info.

Too bad it doesn't write out the .rej, I bet that would make things easier.
    Thanks!
    An ATT version is attached to the first post. It is based on the referred doctor version 2.2.3 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...23mantaatt.jar. Unfortunately I could not test it, have no ATT specific emulator image yet. So any testing is really appreciated. The only difference compared to the HP unlocked version is that all insertions are moved up by three lines.
    Awesome! Installed the patch, and confirmed it is appending the correct prefix. Thank you very much!
  15.    #15  
    iDialPlan SMSi version 2 is out. Many new features. Patch updates will follow, though the current beta version for (only)
    webOS 2.2 and webOS 2.3 on ATT, should work with iDP v2 too. V2 requires a reset of the database, so make an email copy first if there is any setup/preferences to be transferred (manually).