Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    For v0.9.22 currently in the app catalog

What it does
    Comments out Bluetooth PAN status checking, which otherwise creates an exception causing the app to incorrectly report that a connection is not available.

Conflicts?
    None. The patch only modifies one line (although obfuscated) in one file in the app's directory.

Notes
    Tier 2 Customer Care at Kobo has been notified as of 3/13/2011 and hopefully an update is pushed out soon.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by determinedd; 03/13/2011 at 03:13 PM.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    I don't use that app but well done, sir.
    How do we run this patch? copy to device then run from command line? I don't see this listed in patches on Preware... Am I missing the feed, or the correct name?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    How do we run this patch? copy to device then run from command line? I don't see this listed in patches on Preware... Am I missing the feed, or the correct name?
    This patch isn't eligible for posting in Preware feeds. The simplest method is to download it to the device, open it in Internalz Pro and select the "Install" button that pops up. I assume it will work from the command line as well, but not sure if there are additional parameters needed.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    This patch isn't eligible for posting in Preware feeds. The simplest method is to download it to the device, open it in Internalz Pro and select the "Install" button that pops up. I assume it will work from the command line as well, but not sure if there are additional parameters needed.
    Attempting to install the patch using Internalz Pro gives the following message in webOS 2.1:

==================================
    Patch installation failed.

patch unexpectedly ends in the middle of line /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch:*** Only garbage was found in the patch input
    :
    :
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbPreCommenter View Post
    Attempting to install the patch using Internalz Pro gives the following message in webOS 2.1:

Patch installation failed.

patch unexpectedly ends in the middle of line /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch:*** Only garbage was found in the patch input
    :
    :
    How are you getting the patch file onto your phone? I've seen issues when it's downloaded through the browser. Also, when you open the file in Internalz Pro does it start with "Name: eBooks by Kobo WebOS 2.x connection fix..."?
    Do you have the eBooks for Kobo app installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I have the patch emailed to me, via Precentral, but can't seem to get it to download... I have Internalz, Preware, patches for the email app, but I can't get any of them to recognize the .patch file and save it to the phone...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I have the patch emailed to me, via Precentral, but can't seem to get it to download... I have Internalz, Preware, patches for the email app, but I can't get any of them to recognize the .patch file and save it to the phone...
    Your best bet may be to download the file to a computer and load it to the USB partition. I had issues with this months ago, but following your steps (email file, open email, download attachment, attachment opens in Internalz Pro) worked for me. Are you running Internalz Pro from Preware?
    Please put this in the Preware feeds

webOS-Patches Web Portal

Thanks
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Please put this in the Preware feeds

webOS-Patches Web Portal

Thanks
    This was the email response from WebOS Internals back in March:

Patch Denied at the WebOS-Patches Web Portal!

Thank you for submitting a new patch entitled Other: eBooks by Kobo WebOS 2 connection fix.

This email is to inform you the patch has been denied!

It was denied for the following reason:

Unfortunately, we can\'t handle patches to third-party apps via the web portal.

If you feel this is a mistake, please contact the admins. Otherwise, if applicable, correct the patch and resubmit it.

If you did not submit this patch and are receiving this email, it is more than likely because your email is still listed as the primary contact for this patch. If you would like your email removed, please reply to this email requesting so.

-WebOS Internals
    webOS-Patches Web Portal
    Your best bet may be to download the file to a computer and load it to the USB partition. I had issues with this months ago, but following your steps (email file, open email, download attachment, attachment opens in Internalz Pro) worked for me. Are you running Internalz Pro from Preware?
    Hi,

I'm trying to install this patch as you suggested using Internalz Pro, but I keep getting the error:

"Patch installation failed. GNU Patch is missing. It is required for patching."

I did a search in Preware patches for "GNU" but nothing came up. Any idea how I get this to work?

I do a lot of Kobo reading & I just upgraded to a Pre 2. I'd really like to get Kobo working for me !

Thanks in advance - Richard
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bondfast View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to install this patch as you suggested using Internalz Pro, but I keep getting the error:

"Patch installation failed. GNU Patch is missing. It is required for patching."

I did a search in Preware patches for "GNU" but nothing came up. Any idea how I get this to work?

I do a lot of Kobo reading & I just upgraded to a Pre 2. I'd really like to get Kobo working for me !

Thanks in advance - Richard
    The package you need is definitely named "GNU Patch". Try navigating in Preware directly to Available Applications -> Linux Packages -> GNU Patch
    The package you need is definitely named "GNU Patch". Try navigating in Preware directly to Available Applications -> Linux Packages -> GNU Patch

Super-duper my friend. Thanks a lot. Kobo is now running like a charm (or as well as it ever did, being a fairly rotten ereader but with good current title selection - ;-D )

Cheers !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Worked very well for both Veer and sprint Pre(running webOS2). I needed install GNU patch and LSdiff patch. Both are available in Preware>Linux Packages.
    Happy to see that this works! I now have Kobo on my Pre 3.

Too bad there isn't a Kobo reader for the TouchPad... Or an Amazon Kindle Reader for the Pre 3... Purchasing a book in either prevents me from reading it on the opposing device.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    I am working on getting Kobo to work on the Touchpad
    Ill let you know when its ready.
    does the Kobo app still work? I installed the app, installed the patch (including GNU Patch) and now, when i open the app, it just sits there with the Kobo logo with a coloured background. Nothing happens, just the spinning timer thing going around in circles.

I'ved tried to login, home-featured, clear data...

Any ideas would be much appreciated!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by pir2 View Post
    does the Kobo app still work? I installed the app, installed the patch (including GNU Patch) and now, when i open the app, it just sits there with the Kobo logo with a coloured background. Nothing happens, just the spinning timer thing going around in circles.

I'ved tried to login, home-featured, clear data...

Any ideas would be much appreciated!
    What device and OS version are you running?

Access to downloaded ebooks works on an old install with the patch (Pre2 webOS 2.1), but the online library is inaccessible. I experience the same issues as everyone else on a new install (Pre+ webOS 2.1). I'll check it out since I use the app frequently, but it seems like the typical death of an unsupported app.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I have Kobo on a Pre+ 1.4.5. It has slowly been losing functions over the past several months. Now all it seems to be able to do is read previously downloaded books. I have not gotten a response from Kobo cust serv.

There are other threads about Kobo no longer working. It seems like the app is probably dead.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast