1.    #1  
    I've just installed the patch which shows crosshairs on the top toolbar when gps is on. I have a pre 2. The problem is it is always showing. Could there be something wrong with the patch, or is it telling me my gps is on constantly??

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Did you check to see if your GPS is on? You can install a patch to put GPS on the device menu or go to Location Services app and check the upper left menu. Under "Locate Me Using..." if GPS is checked, it's on.

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Did you check to see if your GPS is on? You can install a patch to put GPS on the device menu or go to Location Services app and check the upper left menu. Under "Locate Me Using..." if GPS is checked, it's on.

I'm new to the Pre so apologies if i'm being daft - but if I switch GPS off in preferences, doesn't that mean its completely disabled so won't be able to be used in any of the apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerdean View Post
    I'm new to the Pre so apologies if i'm being daft - but if I switch GPS off in preferences, doesn't that mean its completely disabled so won't be able to be used in any of the apps?
    Apps that need GPS to work (Nav, running) should ask to turn on the GPS whenever they need it. Some things like weather that don't need quite as accurate a fix generally get by with Google Services.

If you install the GPS in Device Menu patch (or get the Advanced System Menu patches, which already include the GPS icon), then you can put GPS in your Device (upper right) menu and switch it on and off at will, just like bluetooth.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM