1.    #1  
    Help! I have been having some problems with recent patch updates that have been seemingly disabling the patches they supposedly update. First example, Unhide Devmode. I just doctored my phone and installed the unhide devmode patch via WOSQI and it worked fine. Then when I ran Preware it updated the patch and now it doesnt work and the devmode icon is hidden again.

Second is the virtual keyboard. Preware has 2 patches in there, one for 2.0 and the other for 1.4.5. I installed the one for 1.4.5 but when I try to run it on my phone it says there is a problem w/ the default theme and to reset it. So back to WOSQI i go and WOSQI says virtual keyboard is not installed under styling mods, but it shows up in the patch list of installed patches through WOSQI. I have tried removing it and installing it through WOSQI instead and still the same results.

My theory is patch owners are updaing the patches to 2.0 compatible and its installing on my 1.4.5 and not working. Any one experiance this or can anyone help?!
    I would agree with you, likely the patch has been updated for 2.1 compatibility and not tagged correctly for Preware.

If you find a particular patch that is causing issues, i would suggest posting on the thread for that patch. Ask the author (or someone who is willing to re-submit it) to mark the patch as only for 2.1. I'm pretty sure this can be done, and will avoid headaches for others still one 1.4.5

You may also find the old version of the patch listed on the thread, which you should be able to download and install with Internalz or Preware.
  3.    #3  
    I emailed the Unhide Devmode author but no reply. Yea, my other problem is finding the old versions of the patch. I tried installing the old virtual keyboard from the testing feeds (the web ones) directly from my phone but I would error out. \
    This is the feed for 1.4.5 patches, which you can visit on your PC (or phone)

Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.4.5/

After a patch has been updated, older versions are still kept, so you can go here and get older versions of the patch. Download them and install with WOSQI/Preware/Internalz.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  5.    #5  
    thanks.ill try that and see how it goes!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Same issue here with DevMode patch.
    There is an app version available in Preware that does the same thing and still works for those of us being left in the dust.. .
    same issue here, preware updated me to unhide-Devmode patch version 1.4.5-135; but the icon has disappeared from my app-launcher. Uninstalled and reinstalled uncluding full reset using preware without success. Now I downloaded the file for previous version 1.4.5-0 from feeds link indicated by malpha (thanks!) and installed with wosqi followed by luna reset and still thoewhe icon doesn´t show in the app launcher though it appears in the list of installed patches on my Pre-! Any ideas how to fix this? If not, I guess I will just be stuck typing that upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart command every time I want to toggle devmode!
    Quote Originally Posted by hunland View Post
    same issue here, preware updated me to unhide-Devmode patch version 1.4.5-135; but the icon has disappeared from my app-launcher. Uninstalled and reinstalled uncluding full reset using preware without success. Now I downloaded the file for previous version 1.4.5-0 from feeds link indicated by malpha (thanks!) and installed with wosqi followed by luna reset and still thoewhe icon doesn´t show in the app launcher though it appears in the list of installed patches on my Pre-! Any ideas how to fix this? If not, I guess I will just be stuck typing that upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart command every time I want to toggle devmode!
    You installed the wrong version. All patches which end in -0 are placeholder patches - there's nothing in them. There should be another version there with a higher version number than 0.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    according to the author of the show virtual keyboard patch someone else submitted a patch update in his name and this is what broke that patch

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...2-0-1-a-3.html
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    +1 for Unhide DevMode not showing up in launcher after updating.

Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    If you find a particular patch that is causing issues, i would suggest posting on the thread for that patch. Ask the author (or someone who is willing to re-submit it) to mark the patch as only for 2.1. I'm pretty sure this can be done, and will avoid headaches for others still one 1.4.5
    Maybe I'm missing it, but I can't find a thread for Unhide DevMode. If anyone knows of one, please post a link. I appreciate the help.

Thanks y'all.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    You installed the wrong version. All patches which end in -0 are placeholder patches - there's nothing in them. There should be another version there with a higher version number than 0.
    thanks for the explanation, I wasn´t aware of that (obviously I´m new at this)! Meanwhile I installed DevMode Launcher which solved my problem.