1.    #1  
    Hi there,

I see there's a lot of patches coming out for webos 2.0.1

I'm still looking for the one that will lock the screen (screen goes black) when I slide in the keyboard. But it would have to be some sort of intelligent patch that lock the screen only if there's no app running in front or if all apps are minimized.

I don't think such a patch already exist and it will be very useful to avoid pocket dials.

thx
  2.    #2  
    Am I the only one here interested in a patch like that ? please tell me.
  3.    #3  
    Hello anyone,

I'm looking for a patch to lock the screen when, in card view, I slide the keyboard in.
  4.    #4  
    Please... help me out here.
    why am I the only one ?
    hit the power button. a patch is unnecessary.
  6.    #6  
    the point is I do not want to press the power button, I don't like the way it feels (cheap plastic button)

plus, sometimes Is press it to quickly and put the phone in my pockets... resulting in awkward pocket dials.
    Last edited by ak2004; 05/05/2011 at 08:56 AM.
    well seeing as you've been requesting this patch since February and no one else has responded I'd assume it really isnt a feature people want. You could try adding a bounty and seeing if someone will whip something up.
    you miss the flip phone end call don't you....i guess an app like the one your asking about would be nice..but I have no use for it..the power button and location is one of the pre's strong features
    I would also love to have this patch created. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult, of course what the hell do I know about patches?

The power button on the Pre is a piece of ****. I have had three buttons break off and having to use an app to turn off the screen sucks because you have to leave it in your dock to be useful. This patch would make the process of putting the phone back in my pocket lightning fast. I only use the Pre when the keyboard is open. When I close it, it's because I am done with what I was doing or I am done with a call and I want to sleep it anyways.

Anyone else out there who wants this too, show some support!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    you miss the flip phone end call don't you....i guess an app like the one your asking about would be nice..but I have no use for it..the power button and location is one of the pre's strong features
    it's not the flip phone I miss, it's the basic lock screen feature of sliding in the keyboard on most of the slider phones... and I believe the pre is some sort of slider phone.Am I wrong ?

As for the power button of the pre I cannot exactly see how it's a strong feature. To me it's cr*p

Anyway for now we are only 2 to request this patch, I hope many more supporters will show up.