1.    #1  
    I INSTALLED some tweaks & patches, and it has done something to my SPRINT PRE phone...many of my older downloaded appps are GONE NOW. PLEASE tell me how to get them back (I do not even know what they were now)....there has to be a restore back up somewhere. Also during the tweaking process I kept getting all kinds of errors, and messages that some file was missing, etc....but kept clicking OK, OK, OK, and finally it said it was installed.

I guess I should not have gotten excited about some of the neat changes that you said could be made/were available...as use of your HOMEBREW thing seems to have made a total mess of my phone. I wanted to put the on screen key pad...and it said something like not available (it was grayed out) so I coudl not even choose it to install it.

I am not very techie knowledgeable about all this stuff, but I did read your tutorials and followed instructions, and read as many of the forum threads as I could. I guess I should have quit when I found many of the links in your forums went to invalid pages, or it said they were removed by the author. I don't even know WHERE or HOW to start to get my phone back to where it was. I do hope someone can HELP ME, PLEASE!!
    Start off with what phone you have, version of webOS, list off all the patches you have installed, if you have overclocked, what kernel and govnah settings you are set at.

If you can remember one or two of these missing apps, which one(s)? Something is telling me when you mention older apps, they may not be available for download anymore. ie. free apps switching to paid or just simply removed altogether.
  3.    #3  
    PALM PRE, last version of webos, i always update, I couldn't tell you which patches, I just clicked on a few. Phone won't even work now, says offline, sprint says I have to take it in to have the operating system reinstalled. The software was not all that old, it was only installed in last year. one was a photo dialer program, and a program that changes your background randomly. they were all from the app store. I didn't have any trouble with phone till i started looking at the stuff on precentral. I didn't do any kernels or overclocked stuff, but I did adjust some of the Buffer and HOME AGENT instructions FOLLOWED BELOW:
    (The Main Speed Increase)

1) Under the ##data# menu,
    2) press the menu, then select multimedia, then buffer size.
    3) This is where you enter your MSL
    4) Delete the 7 and make it 20.
    5) When you exit this menu, reset your Palm Pre/Pixi.
    6) Upon powerup, go to the Phone App, go to Preferences, and press Update Network Settings.
    7) Repeat steps 1 & 2 and verify the Buffer Size is still 20

Smooth Out Sprint TV
    MMG IP and Port Change:

1) Under the ##data# menu,
    2) press the menu, then select multimedia, then MMG IP.
    3) This is where you enter your MSL
    4) Delete the IP and make it 0.0.0.0
    5) Now select MMG Port
    6) Use the back arrow to delete what's there and make it 0
    7) When you exit this menu, reset your Palm Pre/Pixi.
    8) Upon powerup, go to the Phone App, go to Preferences, and press Update Network Settings.
    9) Repeat steps 1 & 2 and verify the MMG IP is 0.0.0.0 and MMG Port is 0

Home Agent Change:

NOTE: If you often travel around the country it is not necessary to do the Home Agent Change. Leave the Primary as 255.255.255.255. Please make sure that your secondary is configured as your closest server to your home. I live in San Jose and my secondary is 68.28.49.76

1) Under the ##data# menu
    2) Scroll down to see/select Primary Home
    3) Enter your MSL
    6) Use the back arrow to delete 255.255.255.255
    7) Type in the Home Agent closest to where you live.
    The Home Agent number can be found: Home Agent IP's : EVDOinfo.com.
    8) Repeat for Secondary Home , and continue below or restart.
    To start with, those are not home brew patches.
    Have you installed Preware or WOSQI?
    Have you heard of the webOS Doctor?