1.    #1  
    Oh my word, how grand would this be. As we know, MMS pics and whatnots don't come through when WIFI is on, even though I did get a pic with WIFI on last night, so go figure! Anyway, it would be so cool for there to be some kinda of way the Pre knows that an MMS pic is in que and it would temporarily turn of WIFI and switch to EVDO until the pic is downloaded. What you guys think of them apples.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I read your post and was a bit confused. My wife and I leave wifi on at home and at office. We both send and receive MMS while the phones are on wifi. To test I just had her send me a text message with a picture. Both phones are on wifi right now. No problem. Furthermore, you can talk on the phone and browse the internet while on wifi.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Oh my word, how grand would this be. As we know, MMS pics and whatnots don't come through when WIFI is on, even though I did get a pic with WIFI on last night, so go figure! Anyway, it would be so cool for there to be some kinda of way the Pre knows that an MMS pic is in que and it would temporarily turn of WIFI and switch to EVDO until the pic is downloaded. What you guys think of them apples.
    same here - WiFi has never stopped my Sprint Pre from getting a MMS or picture via text.
  4.    #4  
    Weird news. I could have sworn that WIFI doesn't allow MMS to go through. I have Sprint with the Pre -. Can anyone else confirm if I am totally off here?
  5.    #5  
    i really don't know where I came up with this but apparently I'm definitely wrong. I really would like to clear up where the confusion lies. I know there was something that occurred on WIFI that only EV would allow the transfer, but I don't know what. I'm really now
    I have problems every now and then with pictures and my wifi. So I understood what you said in your first post, I feel the same at times.
    MMS are sent through the cell phone data network. They aren't sent through Wifi. When our phones are connected to Wifi, the cellphone data is still connected even though there is no icon. Just try turning off cell data and sending a MMS while connected to Wifi; it won't send.
    Definitely had this problem when I first got my Pre+, but as it works now and has for a while, I'm going to assume it was fixed with one of the updates.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    MMS are sent through the cell phone data network. They aren't sent through Wifi. When our phones are connected to Wifi, the cellphone data is still connected even though there is no icon. Just try turning off cell data and sending a MMS while connected to Wifi; it won't send.
    Ok so I guess that explains it. Does this also ring true if you are roaming and on wifi? Now everything has come together. I can't send an MMS that way because it's not on the Sprint EV network right? Thanks for the clarification.
  10. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Is it possible you're having a problem when you only get 1xRTT data connections?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.