Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again.

edit: 27 June - 2.1 sync correction patches moved to here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ors-patch.html

edit: 13 Jun - updated the extended characters patch for 2.1 to include a fix for exceptions to recurring events not syncing to Google. See here for explanation of the problem

edit: added patch for "extended ASCII" characters (accented characters)in event subjects, location or notes causing sync failures. see Kratus post here for the description.

It is only for 2.1 & 201. I will post to Preware after enough users report success.

For webos 2.1 & 2.0.1 only!!

edit: added google_201_12b48f.patch for 2.0.1. google12b48f.patch will work on a veer 2.1.2

This patch simply changes the settings for your first sync with a new or newly enabled google calendar account. Please consider donating to webOS internals for all the amazing work that they do. Patch will be posted to Preware.

Default google sync behavior -- limits are 1 month back and 2 months forward on the first sync. All other syncs are change syncs. No matter how far in the past or in the future your event is, if you change the event after your first sync is completed -- it will show up in your calendar the next time it syncs.

Patch google sync behavior -- limits are 1 year back and 4 years forward on the first sync. All other syncs are the same as above.

Applying the patch -- You must disable the google calendars in the accounts app, apply the patch, then restart Luna. If you have many google calendar accounts, enable them one at a time. The first sync is best done over wifi especially if you have a lot of events.

*** A word of warning to anyone thinking about modifying the patch *** DO NOT modify the "syncInterval" or "maxSyncResults" numbers, these seem to be batch processing related. In my experiments, changing these numbers lead to stability problems.

cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frantid; 06/27/2011 at 08:18 AM.
    Can I use it with 2.0.1 as well?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
    Can I use it with 2.0.1 as well?
    No it's a different file on 2.0.1.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    "First sync" on 1.4.5 only seems to grab last 3 months for me (and I *think* forward forever, or close to it). Any chance of backporting to 1.4.5 to enable more history?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    "First sync" on 1.4.5 only seems to grab last 3 months for me (and I *think* forward forever, or close to it). Any chance of backporting to 1.4.5 to enable more history?
    Not that I can find, yet.

added a patch for 2.0.1
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Yeah baby, thx!!
    wow! Great work! This is amazing! Any chance you can make one that syncs 4 years back and only 1 ahead?
    thanks for all your work!
  8.    #8  
    You can modify the numbers and use QI to install it. Just make sure you uninstall and restart luna in between making the changes.
    When I put in a new calendar event it is syncing 4x??? This happening to anyone else?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    When I put in a new calendar event it is syncing 4x??? This happening to anyone else?
    I've seen another post like this, unless it was yours....

You might try removing your gmail account and adding it back. It's not related to this patch.

Thanks, the other post was not mine. This was my first post about this. Also I looked at the patch and I am soo scared to change those numbers cause I would love to have 4 yrs back and 1 year forward
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  12.    #12  
    Preware has both patches now under calendar.

Thanks to Rod Whitby for the help in getting the patch published.

a little confused.

my understanding: due to recent changes by palm to "optimize performance and battery life" they implemented changes in the calender settings to sync events 1 month back and 2 months forward. This only affected newly activated webos devices or anyone that had to doctor their phones or reactivate their profile on a refurbished device.

does this patch get rid of this annoyance now,for webOS 1.4.5 devices, and allow syncing 1 yr back and 4 yrs forward?
  14.    #14  
    1.4.5 appears to work correctly in that it will pull events as you move around in time.

2.x will only sync changes after the initial sync. Thus the limits are too limiting, in that you have to make a change to get an event to sync that exists outside of the initial sync.
    Multiple Gmail Calendar Events!!??
    when I create a gmail calendar event on my pre 2, it multiplies many times (I can't even count them!)
    so... When I wanted this patch to work, I removed my gmail acct & added it in - but its taking forever to sync - I guess due to the multiple events?!
    H E L P!

(thanks loads for all patches)
    am i correct to say besides a 2 year old event and a event already dated now 5 years in the future, the 2.X calendar will behave like 1.x calendar now (when this patch applied before the first sync)?
  17.    #17  
    It will sync changes only after the first sync. So it no longer behaves like 1.4.5 at all. As you move around in time, it will not sync events that haven't changed.

Personally, I think it is more efficient this way. In 1.4.5 the calendar always asked the server for events, so it was always waiting on a response though it had a record of the events in storage. It is similar to the differences between imap and pop email.

Of course the default limits are too narrow. And don't make sense for people that already have a calendar history.
    Is there a similar solution available for Yahoo! calendar? It appears that it has the same issues.
  19.    #19  
    I'll take a look at it see if I can patch it.
  20.    #20  
    I'm a little hesitant about patching Yahoo. I found where the limits occur. However, yahoo sync does not seem to support a true change sync. Meaning that it appears it must get all events in the window of time every time it syncs. So if you have 1000 events, every sync gets those 1000 events, not just the changes that have occurred after a certain time like google does.

So increasing the limits will have an effect on performance for every sync operation. In the google sync, the performance hit is only on the first sync. My guess is that it would cause the device to work longer and require more memory for the calendar app. That would mean possibly less battery life, a bigger chance of TMC errors, and periodic lag corresponding to your sync schedule. It seems Yahoo needs to work on it's calendar implementation.

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast