Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Pre 2 with 2.0.1. If I had 2.1 I think Exchange would work.
    I see on the front page Verizon finally is releasing 2.1

Maybe your problems can be behind you now.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    There must be some code changes on the server side. If I add an event on the Pre2 in a sub-calendar, it syncs up just as fast as an event on the main calendar.
    I was talking about the other way: Hotmail->Pre. If I create a event on hotmail in the primary calendar, it almost immediately is shown on the Pre. If I create an event in one of the sub-calendars, it needs a (however) triggered sync on the Pre.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexman View Post
    I was talking about the other way: Hotmail->Pre. If I create a event on hotmail in the primary calendar, it almost immediately is shown on the Pre. If I create an event in one of the sub-calendars, it needs a (however) triggered sync on the Pre.
    That's what I mean as well. If the Pre up sync's without problem, the error has to be on the server side. Because the server is the one that has to send the notification to the Pre that it has a new event. Seems it's not sending the notification for sub-calendars.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    OK. Yes, it feels like hotmails fault for me, too.

Could UC do its own syncing? An an option of course, for all those hotmail-IDLE-users out there!
  5.    #165  
    OK. Yes, it feels like hotmails fault for me, too.

Could UC do its own syncing? An an option of course, for all those hotmail-IDLE-users out there!
    I've never looked at it. The email/synergy service is a linux binary I believe. I can't patch those.

The only other option would be to schedule a sync, but that would be the same thing that exists now. It would make it scheduled versus push. I did search on google for "exchange push subcalendar" seems to be a problem across all platforms: android, iphone - some Windows Phone 7 users as well.

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    The only other option would be to schedule a sync, but that would be the same thing that exists now.
    But now, it is bound to the mail sync configuration. And if that is set to 'on arrival' we have the problems with the sub-calendars not in sync because not being pushed from server.

If the calendar (via UC) has its own sync schedule, that would be the solution. A little of 'sync now' once in a while would help (as does it help right now manually). And I dont see a conflict with the pushed events of the main calendar, they may come in between the interval of UC, no?

This is nothing but a work-around for Exchanges fault not pushing the subs, but what stands against it (besides your limited time)?

Do the sub-calendars of Google are synced when accessed via the Pres Exchange client?
  7.    #167  
    I see what you are saying. It would be basically a scheduled "sync now". There is no way to say sync 1 account only. I wouldn't want to make it happen more often than 15 minutes. Otherwise it's possible that the node services could step all over each other, especially since they are running already because of the Idle setting.

I haven't tested the complications of doing frequent sync now's.

I have not tested google via exchange, I know you have to add subcalendars in the google web settings for them to do activesync.
    Yes, thats what I mean. And 15min should be absolutely OK as minimum, I think I would set mine to 30min or even 60min.

The complications I leave to you!
    And while you are at it: It would be a nice idea to have an 'sync now after edit' option. It seems that changes on existing subcalendar events on the device are also not synced automatically. Just do a 'sync now' everytime a calendar event is added/removed/edited on the device...
  10. MsM
    I just tried to install UC: (see attachment)
    I have the same problem that Flexman had.

I switched from a Pre Plus to a Pre 2 in the last days. On my Pre Plus I had UC and the patches for extended chars installed and both worked.

But now I get this errors when I try to install UC and the patch. Even when I try it with Preware.

I did install other patches. There has been no problem.

Any idea how I can solve this without deleting everything again?
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by MsM View Post
    I have the same problem that Flexman had.

I switched from a Pre Plus to a Pre 2 in the last days. On my Pre Plus I had UC and the patches for extended chars installed and both worked.

But now I get this errors when I try to install UC and the patch. Even when I try it with Preware.

I did install other patches. There has been no problem.

Any idea how I can solve this without deleting everything again?
    Are you running 2.0.1? If so don't use the Preware version.

The other problem is not your fault see here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/3002202-post3.html

Jason said he will fix.

12. MsM
    @Frantic:

I am running 2.1 on my Pre 2.

Thanks for the link. Seams to be the same Problem!
  13.    #173  
    I have moved the google extended character's patch and combined it with a Tweaks version of the first sync. For 2.1 non-Veer devices see here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ors-patch.html

well this patch has effective worked my sports calendar app . Is there a way to make the calender work again ? Google calender is still working but the sports one will not .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15.    #175  
    Which patch? The extended characters patch? WebOS 2.1?

The sports app must be using the google service on the device.

You might have to uninstall the patch. Does the app make events or just get them?
    I tried the 1 year back and 4 years ahead patch and after that sport calendar stopped . Then I uninstalled the patch and it still can not get sport calendar to work.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    google still works but that's it.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    sports calendar inserts events into the calendar as you choose then from a list . But now it will not insert any events at all .
  19.    #179  
    What calendar does it put them into? It's own calendar account or a google calendar account?

This was working prior on 2.1? I just ask because the app catalog description states it does not work on 2.x.

I am almost certain it can not be the patch. This service is a private service only reachable from a palm.com app. I don't think you can put an app in the catalog if it tries to use a private palm.com service. Like how Music Remix could only go into the catalog after it stopped using the private functions.

The patch file for 12 before and 48 after only modifies 2 numbers in one file. I think it might be coincidence. I'll try the free one see if I can see how it works.

Does anyone have any ideas if the Touchpad will need to have a similar patch made or has HP listened to the outcry & fixed this in webOS 3?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast