Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexman View Post
    IMAP IDLE works fine, as long as mail is concerned. Only the calendar stops syncing automatically. I myself have no problems with time shifting on the other hand.

I regularly made exceptions to recurring events and will further do. And switching events between calenders also happens often, since I almost ever forget to select the right calendar when creating new events. Did not test these both things since yesterday... GULP! Hopefully this is a google-related bug?

Do I understand things right all of your patches and UC-mods are specifically Google-stuff?
    My calendar seems to get along with the IDLE command. Syncs without a problem.

The google fixes are in the patches in this thread - accented characters, exceptions to google recurring events.

The UC fixes, like moving an event from one calendar to another, are general calendar fixes. It was only reported as a google problem as most people use google. As a rule, I put general calendar fixes in UC. There's also a fix for monthly recurring events that have the wrong schedule. And displaying exchange type (bysetpos) last of the month repeats.

If you don't like the way UC looks, just go into the preferences and turn off the day, week and month enhanced view options. It will look pretty standard after that. There are a lot of preferences that you can turn off as you want.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    OK, so it seems it would make sense to install UC for every 'serious' calendar user (like it makes sense to install UK for everyone). No problem. Its not like I dont like UC, i dont like patching anything that doesnot need to be patched. If there is something useful, its for me.

But the version that comes via WOSQI is enough in my case?

If you are using IMAP IDLE, are calendar events shown immediately on the device after entering them in Google?

Are you using more than one mail accounts (with different settings for sync interval)?

I have one main mail account for business mail (pointing to my own mail server) and one exchange account for calendar+mail. I am now trying to have the main mail account on IMAP IDLE and the exchange mail+calendar on 30min. Waiting for sync...
    If you are using IMAP IDLE, are calendar events shown immediately on the device after entering them in Google?
    Or does it sync only on mail events?
  4.    #144  
    The latest fixes, like the one for recurring events is only in the latest 21_3. I think I posted a link on here. It's in the last few pages of UC thread.

I've got one gmail on as items arrive. I would not call it instant, but within 2-3 minutes if my phone is sitting somewhere on it's own with the screen off. It will definitely sync without a mail event. It's the account I usually test on.

If the screen is on, like on the touchstone or in use; it is faster -- or seems that way. I have another on manual, that never syncs by itself.

I've got another gmail on 1 hr. And that one does only sync events hourly, it will sync if I go into that specific email inbox and not the "all inbox"

My hotmail exchange seems quicker, but I don't use it as much so I can't say I watch it like I do my gmail. I don't make those events, so I only notice they show up. The calendar is managed by someone else.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  5.    #145  
    I should add that the up sync is pretty much instant. The times I'm talking about are down sync either from the web-Pre2 or from the emulator - google - Pre2.

Or does it sync only on mail events?
    to answer it myself: calendar syncs everytime an mail event occurs.

Mail events are:
    * Syncing a mail account according to the set interval or
    * in case of IMAP IDLE an incoming mail.

And: For IMAP IDLE the mail server must support this! Obviously, Hotmails Mail doesnot support it, because if I set my hotmail mail account to IMAP IDLE I never get mail on this account (and calendar does not sync or only if the other account gets mail or is synced).

Conclusion: if you get mails regularly, calendar syncs often enough even on IMAP IDLE. If you are getting only few mails, calendar rarely syncs. And if the mail server does not support IMAP IDLE and your device is set to it, calendar never syncs (and you never get mail...).

Another way is starting Webos's mail client, because it syncs its accounts on startup. If you keep it running, it follows its interval.

(I am talking about how calendar syncs automatically. The manual sync is not affected by all this).
  7.    #147  
    Do you not have hotmail setup on exchange - m.hotmail.com?

I just tested it emulator - hotmail - Pre2. 30 secs. No incoming or outgoing mail, screen on Pre2 on.

There may be differences in supporting IMAP IDLE on the calendar server. If yes, Hotmail does not support pushing calendar events to device. Maybe Google and other do and everything I wrote above may not be right then. But I am quite sure it works like that from the clients/device view.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Do you not have hotmail setup on exchange - m.hotmail.com?

I just tested it emulator - hotmail - Pre2. 30 secs. No incoming or outgoing mail, screen on Pre2 on.
    I have my exchange account on m.hotmail.com, yes. Only calendar and mail activated on device account manager. And another mail account on another mail-server.

Strange. If I set all mail accounts to IMAP IDLE, I do not get mails from hotmail nor does the calendar syncs. Only if a mail comes through the 'other' account, then the calendar and the hotmail mail get their events.

It cannot be the Pre2 hardware, or? How should that be?
  10.    #150  
    I have my exchange account on m.hotmail.com, yes. Only calendar and mail activated on device account manager. And another mail account on another mail-server.

Strange. If I set all mail accounts to IMAP IDLE, I do not get mails from hotmail nor does the calendar syncs. Only if a mail comes through the 'other' account, then the calendar and the hotmail mail get their events.

It cannot be the Pre2 hardware, or? How should that be?
    I'm not sure. This is wifi, I'm using. If I look at the router, the connection for imap port 993 and exchange activesync 443 are always established to my device.

I just tried to install UC: (see attachment)
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12.    #152  
    It can't download the aupt files. I don't know if this is because of the Precentral feed problems. You might want to ask Jason, in the WOSQI thread.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Frantid,

I've been testing all my syncing woes (previous woes) and I don't seem to be able to re-create them. I think you nailed it. I could have sworn I had one issue right after initially loading, but I can't re-create it so I'll chalk that one up to operator error.

HOWEVER... (there's always a however) I have another weird issue that cropped up. On Tuesday I saw a sync icon down in the webOS notification area. I expanded on it and it said that I needed to check google login and pass. I tapped on it and it put me in the Accounts app on the google "set password" page. So I entered the same password and it liked it. But then later I went into the calendar app and one of my google calendars was missing. (I have one account with 6 calendars.) In prefs the calendar was set to show so I toggled it off then on. No go. I rebooted. No go. I tried creating a new event in that calendar and it did sync to google and that one event did show. But none of the rest of that calendar. So I deactivated the calendar in Acccounts and reactivated it. It synced down cleanly and was normal.

That was no big deal, but the identical thing happened last night. Same sync notification. Same calendar disappeared. I grabbed a log. Does anything make sense in this??
    Code:
    [2011-06-23 09:44:44] (activitymanager[1629]) user.err: [core.messageService] No such file or directory (2) - sender='com.palm.service.calendar.google' method='adopt' payload='{"activityId":1406,"subscribe":true}'
    [2011-06-23 09:44:44] (alm.service.calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] $Error$: $palm$://$com$.$palm$.$activitymanager$/$adopt$ {&$quot$;$activityId$&$quot$;:$1406$,&$quot$;$subscribe$&$quot$;:$true$}: $activityId$ $not$ $found$     $at$ $Object$.$create$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$structure$/$err$.$js$:$5$:$17$)     $at$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$comms$/$palmcall$.$js$:$158$:$16$     $at$ $Future$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$control$/$future$.$js$:$228$:$17$)     $at$ $Timer$.$dispatch$ [$as$ $callback$] (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$control$/$queue$.$js$:$72$:$16$)     $at$ $node$.$js$:$28$:$97$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($Error$) $failed$ $to$ $adopt$ $activity$ $1406$ .: $palm$://$com$.$palm$.$activitymanager$/$adopt$ {&$quot$;$activityId$&$quot$;:$1406$,&$quot$;$subscribe$&$quot$;:$true$}: $activityId$ $not$ $found$     $at$ $Object$.$create$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$structure$/$err$.$js$:$5$:$17$)     $at$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$comms$/$palmcall$.$js$:$158$:$16$     $at$ $Future$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$control$/$future$.$js$:$228$:$17$)     $at$ $Timer$.$dispatch$ [$as$ $callback$] (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$control$/$queue$.$js$:$72$:$16$)     $at$ $node$.$js$:$28$:$97$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($TypeError$) $error$ $during$ $command$ $assistant$ $complete$().: $Cannot$ $read$ $property$ '$clientId$' $of$ $undefined$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] $Trying$ $to$ $complete$ $it$ $myself$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($activitymanager$[$1629$]) $user$.$err$: [$activitymanager$.$call$] [$Call$ $2721$] $palm$://$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$/$sync$: $Unhandled$ $exception$ &$quot$;$Activity$ $Manager$ $has$ $already$ $generated$ $a$ $final$ $command$ $to$ $this$ $Activity$&$quot$; $occurred$ $processing$ $response$ {&$quot$;$errorCode$&$quot$;:$2$,&$quot$;$message$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$palm$://$com$.$palm$.$activitymanager$/$adopt$ {\&$quot$;$activityId$\&$quot$;:$1406$,\&$quot$;$subscribe$\&$quot$;:$true$}: $activityId$ $not$ $found$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$response$&$quot$;:{&$quot$;$errorCode$&$quot$;:$2$,&$quot$;$errorText$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$activityId$ $not$ $found$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$returnValue$&$quot$;:$false$},&$quot$;$returnValue$&$quot$;:$false$,&$quot$;$stack$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$Error$: $palm$://$com$.$palm$.$activitymanager$/$adopt$ {\&$quot$;$activityId$\&$quot$;:$1406$,\&$quot$;$subscribe$\&$quot$;:$true$}: $activityId$ $not$ $found$\$n$    $at$ $Object$.$create$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$structure$/$err$.$js$:$5$:$17$)\$n$    $at$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$comms$/$palmcall$.$js$:$158$:$16$\$n$    $at$ $Future$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$control$/$future$.$js$:$228$:$17$)\$n$    $at$ $Timer$.$dispatch$ [$as$ $callback$] (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$control$/$queue$.$js$:$72$:$16$)\$n$    $at$ $nod$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $onDBChanged$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] (#) ********** $In$ $prepare$ $for$ $takeoff$: $getting$ $last$ $re$.: [{&$quot$;$_id$&$quot$;:&$quot$;++$HTTQUPCEGD9dXm$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$_kind$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$remindersstatus$:$1$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$_rev$&$quot$;:$1463003$,&$quot$;$autoCloseActivityId$&$quot$;:$404$,&$quot$;$dbChangedActivityId$&$quot$;:$405$,&$quot$;$lastRevNumber$&$quot$;:$1462985$,&$quot$;$status$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$OK$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$wakeActivityId$&$quot$;:$403$}]
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $getEvents$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $processDBChanges$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($lastRevNumber$) ********** $Settin$.: $1463242$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $DB$ $changes$ $processed$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($events$) ********** $Delete$.: [&$quot$;++$HaJMoRzJkSPLjh$&$quot$;,&$quot$;++$HaJMoRzACTbd3v$&$quot$;,&$quot$;++$HaJMoRzE0d_meL$&$quot$;,&$quot$;++$HaJMoRzHolOgc3$&$quot$;,&$quot$;++$HaJMoRzE$+$YaHLl$&$quot$;,&$quot$;++$HaJMoRzLdA3pcX$&$quot$;,&$quot$;++$HaJMoRz4Vhylj9$&$quot$;,&$quot$;++$HaJMoRzFw9LkNM$&$quot$;,&$quot$;++$HaJMoRzC8cOV0N$&$quot$;]
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($events$) ********** $New$ $or$ $Change$.: []
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($notifyAppOfDeletedEvents$) ********** $I$.: $removing$ $reminders$ $from$ $app$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$44$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $removeRemindersByEventId$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$46$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $After$ $remove$ $reminders$ $by$ $event$ $id$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$46$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $getEventsById$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$46$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $findReminderTimesSubroutine$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$46$] ($findReminderTimesSubroutine$) ********** $I$.: $NO$ $results$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$46$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $saveLastRevNumber1463242$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $getRemindersByEventId$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $updateLiveReminders$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $No$ $reminders$ $to$ $update$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $findNextWakeTimeSubroutine$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($findNextWakeTimeSubroutine$) ********** $I$.: $Reminder$ $table$ $query$ $succeeded$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $createOnWakeActivity$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($wake$) ********** $In$ $createOnWakeActivity$: $nex$.: $2011$-$06$-$23$ $17$:$45$:$00Z$ / $1308851100000$ / ++$H_wFZSe_KuJRYX$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($createOnWakeActivity$) ********** $I$.: $complete$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $createOnWakeActivity$ $done$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $saveWakeActivityId$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($saveWakeActivityId$) ********** $I$.: $updated$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $saveWakeActivityId$ $done$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($findNextWakeTimeSubroutine$) ********** $I$.: $after$ $saveWakeActivityId$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $After$ $find$ $next$ $wake$ $time$ $subroutine$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $findNextAutoCloseTimeSubroutine$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($findNextAutoCloseTimeSubroutine$) ********** $I$.: $Reminder$ $table$ $query$ $succeeded$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $createAutoCloseActivity$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($Next$ $close$) ********** $In$ $createAutoCloseActivity$.: $2011$-$06$-$23$ $19$:$00$:$00Z$ / $1308855600000$ / ++$H_wFZSe_KuJRYX$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($createAutoCloseActivity$) ********** $I$.: $updated$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $saveAutoCloseActivityId$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($saveAutoCloseActivityId$) ********** $I$.: $updated$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $saveAutoCloseActivityId$ $done$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $After$ $find$ $next$ $auto$ $close$ $subroutine$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$54$] ($lastRevNumber$) ********** $In$ $dbChangedActivitySubroutine$.: $1463242$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$55$] ($revNumber$) ********** $In$ $getDBWatchActivityProps$: $activityId$: $405$.: $1463242$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$56$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $In$ $saveDBChangedActivityId$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$56$] ($alm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$.$js$) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$] $rmdrsvc$: ********** $After$ $db$ $changed$ $activity$ $subroutine$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$44$:$56$] ($DBCHANGED$) ********** $I$.: $complete$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$48$:$19$] ($activitymanager$[$1629$]) $user$.$warning$: [$activitymanager$.$resourcecontainermanager$] $No$ $container$ $currently$ $mapped$ $for$ [$BusId$ $appId$:$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$]
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$48$:$35$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$crit$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: &$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;$entered$ $case$ $where$ $data$ $in$ $cache$, $Fri$ $Jun$ $24$ $2011$ $09$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$-$0700$ ($PDT$), $palmInitFramework298$:$14$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$48$:$40$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$crit$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: &$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;$entered$ $case$ $where$ $data$ $in$ $cache$, $Thu$ $Jun$ $23$ $2011$ $09$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$-$0700$ ($PDT$), $palmInitFramework298$:$14$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$48$:$42$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$crit$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: &$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;$entered$ $case$ $where$ $data$ $in$ $cache$, $Wed$ $Jun$ $22$ $2011$ $02$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$-$0700$ ($PDT$), $palmInitFramework298$:$14$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$48$:$44$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$crit$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: &$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;$entered$ $case$ $where$ $data$ $in$ $cache$, $Thu$ $Jun$ $23$ $2011$ $09$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$-$0700$ ($PDT$), $palmInitFramework298$:$14$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$48$:$55$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$crit$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: &$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;$entered$ $case$ $where$ $data$ $in$ $cache$, $Fri$ $Jun$ $24$ $2011$ $02$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$-$0700$ ($PDT$), $palmInitFramework298$:$14$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$48$:$57$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$crit$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: &$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;$entered$ $case$ $where$ $data$ $in$ $cache$, $Sat$ $Jun$ $25$ $2011$ $09$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$-$0700$ ($PDT$), $palmInitFramework298$:$14$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$48$:$59$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$crit$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: &$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;&$amp$;$entered$ $case$ $where$ $data$ $in$ $cache$, $Fri$ $Jun$ $24$ $2011$ $09$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$-$0700$ ($PDT$), $palmInitFramework298$:$14$
    [$2011$-$06$-$23$ $09$:$49$:$26$] ($activitymanager$[$1629$]) $user$.$warning$: [$activitymanager$.$resourcecontainermanager$] $No$ $container$ $currently$ $mapped$ $for$ [$BusId$ $appId$:$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$]
    @carrel: That was one of the major errors with my former google calender, the vanishing sub-calendar. It reappeared of its own mostly, but sometimes leaving its events in the calendar, with sub-calendar 'unknown', rendering the whole thing useless.
  15.    #155  
    Nothing in the log I can see right away. I'm not that familiar with the activity manager. I wonder if there's a limit of the number of sub-calendars. There's no limit coded, but maybe from a memory or database perspective. I notice they keep saying the touchpad can do 16 calendars, maybe there's a limit to sub-calendars as well. I only have 3 so I've never had the disappearing sub-calendar problem.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Flexman, did you resolve it somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Flexman, did you resolve it somehow?
    Well, yes, by doing a complete erase of my device AND switching from Google to Exchange.

As you can see in this threads pages before I tried frantids patches to no avail, then tried Exchange, but there were still issues left, apparently my devices database was corrupt.

I cannot say if stying with google and frantids patches and device erase would have helped. But you can try, its not much of a problem. Dont forget to uninstall all patches before.
    @frantid: Could UC resolve these sync issues by implementing its own optional sync interval?
    Just found out another strange thing: even hotmail pushes new calendar events immediately to the device. But only on hotmails PRIMARY calendar! Alle other sub-calendars are not pushed, are only synced on devices demand....

This explains something, since my tests were done with the not-primary calendars most of the time.

So all these calendar sync issues seems to be a mixture of failures or strange behaviours of server and WebOS...

At least with the exchange account usage of WebOS the data stays consistent.
  20.    #160  
    Just found out another strange thing: even hotmail pushes new calendar events immediately to the device. But only on hotmails PRIMARY calendar! Alle other sub-calendars are not pushed, are only synced on devices demand....

This explains something, since my tests were done with the not-primary calendars most of the time.

So all these calendar sync issues seems to be a mixture of failures or strange behaviours of server and WebOS...

At least with the exchange account usage of WebOS the data stays consistent.
    That's an interesting find.

I have not seen any piece of code in webOS that separates out the sub-calendars from the regular calendar. Yes, there's code that groups things by account. But there's no code that says this is a primary calendar and this is a sub-calendar.

There must be some code changes on the server side. If I add an event on the Pre2 in a sub-calendar, it syncs up just as fast as an event on the main calendar.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast