Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    What are "1.4.5 events"?

Does the special characters patch also fix the same problem in Google contacts sync?

Besides the special chars problem, I have this problem: New events sync from Pre 2 (2.1) to Google. Changes to events do not.

Could you please put the fixes into one patch that does not need UberCalendar? I would not need the extended first-time-sync patch, just the bug fixes.

Thanks!
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    @frantid great idea to have combined patch for all limitation fixes.
    Could you please also update the first posting as many links there in the text area seem not to work.
    Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize they were broken.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Hi all!

Sorry, I just tried the last patches and it just dont work work, events dont sync from device to google (well, sometimes they do...), sub-calendars (colors) are vanishing and coming back (leaving events assinged to 'unknown'), messing up my business calendar.

I just tried and imported my google calendars into hotmail calendar and created a exchange account on my Palm (pre- on 2.1) linked to this and all look fine! (yes, Hotmail is Exchange compatible for a year or so...). I will further try and report. Maybe this is the cure for others, too. The Hotmail calendar is a bit ugly compared to Google, but featurewise it seems to be on par. And it can be used via Outlook (and Live Mail?, not tested).

@frantid: I highly appreciate your work, but it was not for me, sorry.

@frantid: are you expecting your patches to do any harm to the use of the Exchange account? They and ubercalendar are still on my device...
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    What are "1.4.5 events"?

Does the special characters patch also fix the same problem in Google contacts sync?

Besides the special chars problem, I have this problem: New events sync from Pre 2 (2.1) to Google. Changes to events do not.

Could you please put the fixes into one patch that does not need UberCalendar? I would not need the extended first-time-sync patch, just the bug fixes.

Thanks!
    1.4.5 events -- meaning events created by webOS 1.4.5.

I am not familiar with the workings of the contacts app. I don't think it fixed it for them.

I really don't want to create a separate patch for the calendar app beyond UberCalendar. It's just too big of a task, I've spent enough time debugging conflicting patches. I don't want to create a conflicting patch myself. If a fix has to applied to the calendar app itself, then I'm going to put it in UC. I'll separate out Google service fixes into the sync behaviors patch, with the option to set the first sync settings with tweaks.

If you haven't tried UC lately, you can go into the preferences and turn off most of the added features. It will look (90%) the same and act just like the default calendar app. It does not affect the speed of the app at all. It looks different on a few scenes like the datetime picker and the jumpto picker, but I don't think they are that much of an eye sore. You can look at the link in my signature to see how to set the preferences.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    What is special about the 1.4.5 events? Are they corrupted? Should/can they be fixed to work OK with 2.x?

If the special chars fix is a service fix and not a calendar app fix, then I could use at least that.

I will have a look at UberCalendar.

Thanks!
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexman View Post
    @frantid: are you expecting your patches to do any harm to the use of the Exchange account? They and ubercalendar are still on my device...
    Sorry it didn't work out. Are you using the 2-step verification for google?

They won't harm your exchange calendars at all. The google patches only work on the google service. It sounds like you have a bad database for the google account. Unfortunately, the patches can't help with that.

If you want, you can setup your google account as an exchange account. You have to set which sub-calendars you want to sync beyond the default. It would create a new database for it as it's an exchange account then. I've never done it, but the directions are here:
    Setting Up Your Windows Mobile Phone for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    What is special about the 1.4.5 events? Are they corrupted? Should/can they be fixed to work OK with 2.x?

If the special chars fix is a service fix and not a calendar app fix, then I could use at least that.

I will have a look at UberCalendar.

Thanks!
    1.4.5 events just have different names for some of the calendar properties as it uses a different api. All the fixes in the first post are google service fixes.

If you try UC, use this one:

http://forums.precentral.net/2982900-post2779.html

If you use Mode Switcher, you will have to remove sconix's calendar prefs patch. UC works with mode switcher, so after you install UC you won't need sconix's calendar patch.

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Sorry it didn't work out. Are you using the 2-step verification for google?
    No, just one step.

It sounds like you have a bad database for the google account. Unfortunately, the patches can't help with that.
    I already tried deleting the account, didnot change anything.

If you want, you can setup your google account as an exchange account.
    Thanks for the hint. Are there any benefits (other than the layout of the desktop access on hotmail calendar)?
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexman View Post
    No, just one step.

I already tried deleting the account, didnot change anything.

Thanks for the hint. Are there any benefits (other than the layout of the desktop access on hotmail calendar)?
    Unfortunately, deleting the account won't clear a bad database. I had to do an erase apps and data, when I had a bad database.

No difference between hotmail and google as exchange, that I am aware of. Just let's you keep using google if you want.

No difference between hotmail and google as exchange, that I am aware of. Just let's you keep using google if you want.
    Actually, I am quite happy for the possibility of getting rid of google! I do not use google for anything but the calendar, just because it was (the only? but the simpliest) way of synchronizing a calendar between multiple Pres and PCs two years ago.

And hotmail calendar works fine in Outlook and Live Mail (just tested), so I can get rid of the browser access also, since at least one of these is present on every device I use.

If the hotmail solution proofs to be stable, I will be very happy with it!
    Unfortunately, deleting the account won't clear a bad database. I had to do an erase apps and data, when I had a bad database
    How is this done? I know of three options, but never used them (for this purpose):

* Metadoctoring again: help or is the bad database restored from the profiles backup?

* erase device via Palm Profile online: help or is the bad database restored from the profiles backup?

* local erase on the device (shutdown option) and signing in with new account: would help for shure, but much hassle getting the device back in desired configuration. I have no paid apps, so this would be an option.

* >PLACE YOUR SOLUTION HERE<
    Frantid -

I had to replace my Pre 2 because of a modem failure, so I utilized your First Sync patch before re-adding my Google account (I used the one in Preware).

It did extend the sync period for Google.

However, I've also noticed that the next morning it is still giving me the "Google Syncing Account" spinner/notification with what would seem to be the periodic google calendar/account sync notification. It seems to stay on for a while, go away, then come back later.

Is that normal?
  13.    #113  
    I just did the "erase apps and data". It cleared every thing off my "usb" drive and supposedly off my apps. I didn't verify that it completely removed my apps before I logged back into my profile. But I believe it did. After signing in, my apps were redownloaded. It knew all my accounts and asked for their passwords.

It was fairly painless. I just copied my usb files back on.

The database error was gone.

I do not think backup covers your google database on the device. It just backups the account name and settings.

I think this would be the same as erase device from Palm profile, but that might do other things as well.

edit: I would run EPR first though as when I reinstalled Preware it didn't know I had the patches installed, but the patches were still there.
    Last edited by frantid; 06/22/2011 at 10:11 AM.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Frantid -

I had to replace my Pre 2 because of a modem failure, so I utilized your First Sync patch before re-adding my Google account (I used the one in Preware).

It did extend the sync period for Google.

However, I've also noticed that the next morning it is still giving me the "Google Syncing Account" spinner/notification with what would seem to be the periodic google calendar/account sync notification. It seems to stay on for a while, go away, then come back later.

Is that normal?
    It can be if you have a lot of events.

15.    #115  
    It's in the "device info" app. You push reset options. It's there.
    I'm also noticing now that not only are events added on the Pre2 still not syncing to Google (same as before), events deleted from Google are not deleting from the Pre. Any ideas there? Not sure why this behavior seems so random.
  17.    #117  
    Any entries with accented character?

would you mind installing UC and the extended char patch?
    I have UC installed and did before adding the Google account to the new device.

I do not believe I have any accented characters in calendar events. Would have to remove the account and re-ad to get that patch to work?
  19.    #119  
    You should be able to just toggle the calendar off. Not remove the account.

You might want to uninstal the first sync patch as less events make it easier to troubleshoot at first.
    I removed first sync because it kept on syncing even though all the events that should be there seemed to be. I have a lot of calendar events going forward and back, but not enough for it to take 16 hours or so, much of which was on wifi (at least I wouldn't think so).