Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas if the Touchpad will need to have a similar patch made or has HP listened to the outcry & fixed this in webOS 3?
    I don't know. I guess we will find out pretty soon though. At least Preware and webOS QI are already working on the touchpad, as I've read.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Read the Central review....Google sync is STILL broken on the Touchpad! Unbelievable. That alone may be enough for me not to get one.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    I wish I could try this to fix my VZW Pre 2 Google calendar and sync problems...but I am of course unable to since I'm on 2.0.1 and the MetaDoctor update seems a bit scary.

Any other ideas?
    Mike, I finally had a situation of the google calendar not up syncing events on the 201 emulator. Do you have a weather calendar on your account?

I put some more fixes to the test 201 patch. I have moved it to here:

http://forums.precentral.net/3024591-post8.html

Try that test version, you will have to remove the google_service201.patch and the 12 before and after patch.

Let me know how it goes.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Frantid -

I do have a weather calendar on my Google calendar, as well as US holidays.

I had to replace my Pre 2. When I got the replacement, I synced everything else back and only when that was finished manually re-added my Google account. I'm not running any of the Google sync patches right now, and so far is it working. Automatically syncing from Google to the Pre seems to hang periodically (although my Touchpad was doing the same, so it may be WebOS or it may be Google). Sync now works. And, so far, knock on wood, events added or changes made on the Pre are making it to Google.

So, I'm a little reluctant to try anything at this point until it stops working again....which I fear eventually it will.

I really wish we'd get to 2.1 already so I can just use Google as an Exchange account. That works great on the Touchpad, and it syncs the full calendar, not the ridiculous limits that have been placed on Google on the Pre.

What about the weather calendar do you think might be gumming up the works?

Also, NO changes made on the Pre with Google contacts make it back to Google. That has not worked AT ALL on any of my Pre 2s (and this is my 4th!) since upgrading. Very frustrating.... Contact sync works both ways on the Touchpad with Google as Exchange.

Thanks for your continued efforts on this, Frantid! HP should hire you--and half the rest of the folks here. They'd actually get this right if the did.
  5.    #185  
    In my situation the weather calendar was preventing a successful sync. So I was wondering if you had it as well.

I think you're problems were probably database related. If it works now, I wouldn't mess with it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I believe I have fixed this. Thank you for the detailed steps to reproduce.

If you don't have any calendar patches. I suggest you turn off the google calendars in the accounts app, then install both patches in this thread. The sync patch ensures you will get all current data not just 3 months worth on the first sync. The extended character patch makes sure any events with extended characters will sync. You will have to then install the latest UberCalendar patch to get the fix. I applied it to UC because it would conflict otherwise. I just uploaded it to the thread ver ubercalendar21_3-1.patch

You need to install them and luna restart after installing each one.

Then enable your google calendars one at a time and let them sync before turning on the next one(unless you don't have that many events < 40 or so total), best if done on wifi.

let me know how it goes.

Fantastic ! The problem with duplicated Google calender entries is solved now ! Many thanks to incredible Frantid ! Let's spread the word !
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Any chance you could write a special/accented characters patch for contacts sync?

Thanks!
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Any chance you could write a special/accented characters patch for contacts sync?

Thanks!
    When I get a chance I'll look at it. No promises though, I haven't done much research about the contacts api. I don't like giving google my contacts info

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    OK, thanks!

I don't know if this is fixed on the Veer, but at least on the TouchPad it works OK.
    [offtopic]i wanted to try if weather calendar removal eases my webos calendar sync prob, but they (googles own weather, weekday, holiday calendars) keep reappearing in the webinterface after dismissing them. I also deleted the city in the googlecalendar settings page and turned display of weathernews to OFF in the general settings. And for weekdays and holidays dismissed them in the "interesting calendars" settings (not only in the additonly calendars page).

How did you get rid of them permantely, they disapear on the web-page , but after relogin reappear.?

many seem to have this problem one or the other way and it is said a "google bot script" fixes these issues, is there an official link for that?

defekten Kalender aus "Weitere Kalender" entfernen klappt nicht - Kalender-Hilfe

Weather Calendar will not remove, delete or otherwise go away - Calendar Help

[/offtopic]
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    [offtopic]i wanted to try if weather calendar removal eases my webos calendar sync prob, but they (googles own weather, weekday, holiday calendars) keep reappearing in the webinterface after dismissing them. I also deleted the city in the googlecalendar settings page and turned display of weathernews to OFF in the general settings. And for weekdays and holidays dismissed them in the "interesting calendars" settings (not only in the additonly calendars page).

How did you get rid of them permantely, they disapear on the web-page , but after relogin reappear.?

many seem to have this problem one or the other way and it is said a "google bot script" fixes these issues, is there an official link for that?

defekten Kalender aus "Weitere Kalender" entfernen klappt nicht - Kalender-Hilfe

Weather Calendar will not remove, delete or otherwise go away - Calendar Help

[/offtopic]
    I guess I got lucky. I just removed it from the web account and it stayed off. I don't know why it won't stay off for you.

12.    #192  
    OK, thanks!

I don't know if this is fixed on the Veer, but at least on the TouchPad it works OK.
    Can you try this one, it works for me? If others test it out okay, I'll add it to the google sync behaviors patch.

cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Great! First test was successful! Thanks a lot!

I'll write, when I have done more tests.

Man, such a simple fix and HP/Palm did not provide it...
  14.    #194  
    Well based on your hint about the touchpad I found the fix. It is not mine it is Palm's. I'm sure they would love to have the ability to just put out a small fix.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Hmm, one should think an OTA for unlocked devices should be not so difficult.
  16.    #196  
    I just glad homebrewers don't have to go through a release process. I can only imagine the levels of red tape required. I have a great level of respect for the calendar and synergy devs at Palm. It's my favorite part of webos.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Well based on your hint about the touchpad I found the fix. It is not mine it is Palm's. I'm sure they would love to have the ability to just put out a small fix.
    Does the newest "Google Sync Behaviors Patch" in Preware (v2.1.0-141) include the contacts fix?
  18.    #198  
    no. I was waiting to hear back from more testers. It's just you and me at this point
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Can you tell me what else changed in this new version of the calendar patch?
  20.    #200  
    Can you tell me what else changed in this new version of the calendar patch?
    It has some adjustments for attendee properties in google events. It's a small fix. It is only slightly different than the older test versions. But it is 2 revisions newer than what was in Preware, test version fixes + newer.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast