Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been addressed before. I didn't see anything relevant in a search about this.

I want to use the patch that allows a gesture tap to open a link in a new browser card. I copied the patch source from the webOS Internals wiki (I don't think I have enough posts yet to allow posting links) into a new text file which I named gestureclicknewcard.patch as the page suggested, but got a hunk error when I tried to install it via the WOSQIA. (I have a screenshot, but again, no linking, and I'm guessing no picture posting yet, either?)

A couple questions:

1. Is there some compatibility issue I'm running into? I am running 2.0.1.

2. Is there something I forgot to do when I created the .patch file? It's my first attempt. It wouldn't surprise me if I missed a key step.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    it's conflicting with a patch you already have. Untl you figure that out, did you know that holding down the square key when tapping the url does the same thing?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    What the...? I swear I tried holding down the square key while tapping a link before, and it didn't seem to work. But I just tried it again and now it does. *sheepish*

Still learning basics, as you can see... Thanks.

So in general, if I get some kind of hunk error when installing a patch, it means there's a conflict with an existing one? I'll keep that in mind.
    there is already a patch for this, so get that one working and then figure out what is difference.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Which patch are you referring to? I've seen a patch that creates a button to open a new browser card, but haven't seen a patch that implements the gesture tap feature. I could be missing a feed or something...
    I think he is referring to the "Hold Tap Context Menu" patch. This patch opens a menu when you tap & hold the url link for a few seconds. The first option on this menu is to open in new card. I use this pretty much everyday, it works great.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    This sounds like exactly what I want, but I can't find the patch in Preware. I even found the thread in the forums here about it, but they all reference it being in Preware. Is it called "hold tap context menu", or did it get folded into another patch? Am I not seeing it because I'm on 2.0.1? I basically have all feeds turned on, including the webOS Internals test feeds.

Help?
    the tap+hold patch doesn't show up in prepared for 2.x

gonna have to use the square+tap option, which works great but you have to open the keyboard...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    That's fine, I guess. Hopefully a 2.x-compatible patch is released (or possibly I could look at making one) sometime. At least now I know I'm not missing something obvious in my setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the tap+hold patch doesn't show up in prepared for 2.x

gonna have to use the square+tap option, which works great but you have to open the keyboard...
    Open the keyboard? Seriously? Too much work, lol!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Open the keyboard? Seriously? Too much work, lol!
    Yes.. There are times I want my keyboard away.. I use gesture tap alot!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums