1.    #1  
    Not sure about the rest of you, but everytime I get a text message and the ringer is on vibrate, it vibrates twice. One short vibration, followed by a longer one. How do I change this? Is it possible to have the phone just vibrate once without it being followed by another vibration? It's sooo annoying, especially when I'm in quiet places and the vibrate goes off, people still take notice. Vibrate is supposed to be a discreet function. Is there a patch that can be created to get rid of that second vibration?

Any help would be appreciated
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Yikes, I'm realizing this is something that is going to irritate me as well.. but I have far more bugs I want to work out of my phone before I will tackle this. Good heads up tho!
  3.    #3  
    I actually would rather revert back to the way the phone used to vibrate when I'd get a text message...just one half second vibration and that was all. If I missed it, well, that's what the notification repeat is for.
    Others find this distinctive and aggressive vibration useful to distinguish why the phone wants attention, so we're not leaving the caller hanging around to long.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    Not sure about the rest of you, but everytime I get a text message and the ringer is on vibrate, it vibrates twice. One short vibration, followed by a longer one. How do I change this? Is it possible to have the phone just vibrate once without it being followed by another vibration? It's sooo annoying, especially when I'm in quiet places and the vibrate goes off, people still take notice. Vibrate is supposed to be a discreet function. Is there a patch that can be created to get rid of that second vibration?

Any help would be appreciated
    Do you have a vibration patch installed? The only reason mine does the 'double vibrate' is from a patch to make it a little longer because the stock version is way to quick and short for me. Adding a patch to it will make it vibrate for the length for the patch setting and then do the 'second' stock vibrate quickly after it. I wish there wasn't that minor gap in it's function as well but I'm used to it..
    Everybody wants some!..
  6.    #6  
    I used to have that patch but removed it recently and the phone still did it. I doctored it afterwards for other reasons and the phone still would vibrate the same way.