Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Is this in Preware yet?
    I don't believe so... I'm not sure if the OP is planning on putting it in Preware or not. Would be a bit difficult since this patch requires images to be put on the USB drive...
    Cool. I'm installing now. Waiting on reboot to complete........
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Looks like good news. I left the "Show Actual Battery Percent in Top Bar" patch installed, and this patch still installed with no errors. The other patch must not touch the top bar files. I'm not sure which percentage I'm seeing in the circle, actual or GUI, but it sure looks great.

The percentage numbers diverge from Dr. Battery's by a percent now and then, but that could be due to polling frequency.
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't believe so... I'm not sure if the OP is planning on putting it in Preware or not. Would be a bit difficult since this patch requires images to be put on the USB drive...
    It's still nice to have them in Preware, though, in case you visit the doctor. Especially if the image files are stored on the USB drive, which isn't erased.
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    It DOES look good. Why does yours look so much better than mine?
  7.    #27  
    hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    if anyone has any more screen shots displaying charging and other battery percents, can you either PM them to me or post them here and i'll put them up on the OP.

EDIT: Got it installed on my phone just fine. Putting on my theme and then taking some pictures.
    Do you have to remove a theme before you install this patch? It's working for me but it didn't work for a friend of mine. Only difference between our Pre's is that he has a theme and I don't.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    So mine is showing up as a black space. I put the images in my Wallpapers folder, is this not the right place specifically?
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    So mine is showing up as a black space. I put the images in my Wallpapers folder, is this not the right place specifically?
    Did you put them in the .wallpapers folder that is hidden (which is the correct place) and NOT the regular wallpapers folder (incorrect place)?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Did you put them in the .wallpapers folder that is hidden (which is the correct place) and NOT the regular wallpapers folder (incorrect place)?
    Ah wrong place. I went through the steps to unhide my folders but where do I find '.wallpapers' exactly?
    Last edited by Freshyz; 02/16/2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Everybody wants some!..
  12.    #32  
    it's right in the /media/internal/.wallpapers

make sure there is a . Before wallpapers

Ah wrong place. I went through the steps to unhide my folders but where do I find '.wallpapers' exactly?
  13.    #33  
    you may have to. Try removing the theme and then installing it. Let me know ifthat worksfor you. Also,make sure the images are in the .wallpapers folder and not the wallpapers folder.

Do you have to remove a theme before you install this patch? It's working for me but it didn't work for a friend of mine. Only difference between our Pre's is that he has a theme and I don't.
    I'll ask my friend to remove it and see if that works for him. It works great for me but I wasn't around when he tried it on his Pre.
  15.    #35  
    ah ya, I was having issues putting it on my cousins pre plus. I didn't have alot of time to look into it but I think he had an existing version of the same patch installed when I installed the new one. It's causing issues. When I get back to my room tonight i'm gonna try to fix it.

I'll ask my friend to remove it and see if that works for him. It works great for me but I wasn't around when he tried it on his Pre.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    it's right in the /media/internal/.wallpapers

make sure there is a . Before wallpapers
    Okay I know this is simple but I don't see that specifically, just a Wallpapers folder. (I even did a search in my Pre and nothing pulled up)
    Everybody wants some!..
    brb
    Last edited by warlord9159; 02/16/2011 at 08:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Thanks warlord9159, Garrett92C, and Ryanmfraser. This is a great patch and I read the thread where you were working on it. Long hours and hard work. Thanks again.

I know in the first post you mentioned that you had to reboot the phone. I often just luna restart but in this case you do indeed need to do a complete restart for the patch to work.
    Okay I know this is simple but I don't see that specifically, just a Wallpapers folder. (I even did a search in my Pre and nothing pulled up)
    Are you sure that you have "show hidden folders" enabled?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Are you sure that you have "show hidden folders" enabled?
    Yes, I did these steps and I assume it should have worked.
    # Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.
    # Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).

I see the .wallpapers folder in internalz, but not on my comp via USB??

EDIT: Okay I got my comp to show .wallpapers and dragged images in there, still black..?
    Still don't see the full /media/internal/.wallpapers folder, just .wallpapers?
    Last edited by Freshyz; 02/16/2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Everybody wants some!..
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast