Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    one other note. it seems that this patch is not compatible with the "Advanced System Menus - Framework" patch which is necessary to the mode switcher patch for the left top bar. would be nice to get them to play along. I'm using 2.0.1. Are others seeing this on 1.4.5 as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    one other note. it seems that this patch is not compatible with the "Advanced System Menus - Framework" patch which is necessary to the mode switcher patch for the left top bar. would be nice to get them to play along. I'm using 2.0.1. Are others seeing this on 1.4.5 as well?
    I have all of those installed just fine. Maybe you should try v2 of the patch if they updated it for 2.0, this version has better compatibility with other top bar patches.
    All of Sconix's top bar patches work for me, however I am on 1.4.5. I incorporated this patch into one of Garrett's ultimate top bar mods. Now I just need to decide on an icon set

System Menu 1.pngSystem Menu 2.pngSystem Menu 3.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I have all of those installed just fine. Maybe you should try v2 of the patch if they updated it for 2.0, this version has better compatibility with other top bar patches.
    I am using v2 of the patch for 2.0. Perhaps the order matters? I can try removing the circle battery patch, applying the advance menu framework patch and then see if reapplying the circle battery patch works.
    I am using v2 of the patch for 2.0. Perhaps the order matters? I can try removing the circle battery patch, applying the advance menu framework patch and then see if reapplying the circle battery patch works.
    OK, no such luck. Turns out, sconix's webos 2.x version of the "Advanced System Menus - Framework" patch also installs a GPS icon and Mute icon to the top bar (presumably he took the diff of a certain file and forgot that he had already applied some additional extras). This seems to be the cause of the conflict with this patch.
    quick question...I have the .zip file in the .wallpapers folder, do I just leave it as a .zip or am I supposed to unzip the file and put all the pictures in that folder?

I am getting an install error saying:
    ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

1 out of 29 hunks FAILED -- see woos-patches.log for more details
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Perect, wow I haven't changed my battery icon in a very long time. This new version is well worth trying out and making a donation towards.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    quick question...I have the .zip file in the .wallpapers folder, do I just leave it as a .zip or am I supposed to unzip the file and put all the pictures in that folder?

I am getting an install error saying:
    ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

1 out of 29 hunks FAILED -- see woos-patches.log for more details
    You need to extract that zip.

Which other top bar patches do you have installed?
    k thanks so extract the whole zip and then just put them all in the .wallpapers folder, right?
    The only other ones I have installed are the Date as Carrier String, I've removed the red, white and teal battery percent as well as the Show Actual Battery % patches...where would I look for that log that is mentioned in the error report?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    k thanks so extract the whole zip and then just put them all in the .wallpapers folder, right?
    The only other ones I have installed are the Date as Carrier String, I've removed the red, white and teal battery percent as well as the Show Actual Battery % patches...where would I look for that log that is mentioned in the error report?
    Yea, all the individual images need to go in the /.wallpapers/ folder.

Hmm. I believe the log file is in /media/internal/. I don't have a Pre anymore, so I can't check...
    /media/internal/webos-patches.log

Check it after a failed install. It will be at the very bottom.
    saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 1830 (offset 58 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 1861 (offset 58 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 1886 (offset 58 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 1921 (offset 60 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 1923 (offset 60 lines).
    Hunk #6 succeeded at 1926 (offset 60 lines).
    Hunk #7 succeeded at 1967 (offset 62 lines).
    Hunk #8 succeeded at 1969 (offset 62 lines).
    Hunk #9 succeeded at 1972 (offset 62 lines).
    Hunk #10 succeeded at 1995 (offset 63 lines).
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html

----------------------------------
    dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    29 out of 29 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    10 out of 10 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej

Installation FAILED!
    1 out of 29 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.precentintopbarw-icons145
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.precentintopbarw-icons145:
    package_list
    precentintopbarw-icons145.patch
    *** FAILED ***

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Sat Feb 19 21:12:15 MST 2011
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.analog-theme/analog-theme.patch

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/analog/analog-theme.css

Creating md5sums list...
    Find package for file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/analog/analog-theme.css
    File not found in package_list, checking all *.md5sums
    FOUND
    d9bfd650774e4f6d552dabc87eef8d09 *./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/analog/analog-theme.css
    Backup file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/analog/analog-theme.css
    d9bfd650774e4f6d552dabc87eef8d09 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/analog/analog-theme.css.webosinternals.orig

Actually applying the patch!
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/analog/analog-theme.css
    SUCCESS

You need me to go farther back than that or is that enough?
    Well, something in systemui.css is conflicting... That's all the log says lol.

I'm not sure what other patch it's conflicting with..

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    If you have by Blue theme installed, this patch will not install.
    My Blue theme has my Full Top Bar patch with it and this patch conflicts with it.

saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 1830 (offset 58 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 1861 (offset 58 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 1886 (offset 58 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 1921 (offset 60 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 1923 (offset 60 lines).
    Hunk #6 succeeded at 1926 (offset 60 lines).
    Hunk #7 succeeded at 1967 (offset 62 lines).
    Hunk #8 succeeded at 1969 (offset 62 lines).
    Hunk #9 succeeded at 1972 (offset 62 lines).
    Hunk #10 succeeded at 1995 (offset 63 lines).

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    29 out of 29 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    10 out of 10 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej

Installation FAILED!
    1 out of 29 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.precentintopbarw-icons145
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.precentintopbarw-icons145:
    package_list
    precentintopbarw-icons145.patch
    *** FAILED ***

PATCH INSTALLATION Sat Feb 19 21:12:15 MST 2011
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.analog-theme/analog-theme.patch

Dry run patch attempt...

Creating md5sums list...
    Find package for file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/analog/analog-theme.css
    File not found in package_list, checking all *.md5sums
    FOUND
    d9bfd650774e4f6d552dabc87eef8d09 *./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/analog/analog-theme.css
    Backup file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/analog/analog-theme.css
    d9bfd650774e4f6d552dabc87eef8d09 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/analog/analog-theme.css.webosinternals.orig

Actually applying the patch!
    SUCCESS

You need me to go farther back than that or is that enough?
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Have it installed on my pre2 and only other top bar patch is the mute indicator. Seems to be working fine, but battery consumption seems to have shot up. Overnight, just sitting there, used to use almost no battery, dead when i woke up the last 2 mornings. I dont think I have made any other changes that would affect this.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Well isn't that just a kick in the cojones.

so I reinstalled Blue earlier (after removing it and the scrim and lettering
    staying behind in the messaging) and now, when I'm on the homepage, I can see my old wallpaper in the top bar section. I'm going to uninstall it again & see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    If you have by Blue theme installed, this patch will not install.
    My Blue theme has my Full Top Bar patch with it and this patch conflicts with it.
    Awesome patch =). and it even works with a translucent top bar!
    I only just tried this out!
    all i can say is awesome work,
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Got it installed and <Lloyd Christmas accent>I like it a lot</Lloyd Christmas accent>

Going to try and install the Blue theme overtop of this and see if we can't combine the two

in this pic you can see that the top bar has my old wallpaper image, instead of the blue theme. And of course the circle percent patch working with blue. That is the only scene where the top bar doesn't display properly. I just tried turning wifi on and off and that icon displays normal as well.

and there it is looking normal on the phone dialer...