Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Err...volume to snooze is default functionality since 1.4.5. I am not patched for alarms and I use this every morning!
  2.    #22  
    um...no it isn't. Volume silences, but does not snooze. You'll notice that your alarm NEVER goes off again after you hit the volume rocker. (at least that's the behavior on my phone)

I hit volume rocker, and the alarm stays active, waiting for me to snooze or dismiss, but it never makes another sound (or vibrate)!
    Last edited by pezman726; 02/16/2011 at 10:24 AM.
    ^ Yep! After I hit the volume button, I never hear it go off again. If there was ever a reason why I'll oversleep is because I hit the volume button and then go back to sleep only to wake up an hour later! Haha! In fact, I have set another alarm time to go off 30 mins after the initial time I was supposed to get up! Just as a "back up". This patch is gonna change all of that!
  4.    #24  
    Hmm... I submitted it yesterday. I wonder how long it'll take before it shows up in the feed?
    Just installed it with WebOS QI. Great work!! Will test it tomorrow morning.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Tried to install on 2.1... No luck
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  7.    #27  
    I figured it wouldn't work on 2.1 It looks like they changed the way the other functions are handled. The volume rocker only part should work though. I'll upload another file in a second, and if you could test it for me (it'll be just the volume rocker to snooze) that'd be awesome. Maybe I'll submit that as a stand alone without the other snooze times options.

EDIT: Here is a file that is just the snooze function. I can't test on my device right now because I don't have my cable with me at the moment. So if anybody wants to test this out for me on any device, i'd appreciate it!

EDIT AGAIN: I tested this one (just the volume rocker snooze) on my phone by emailing it to myself and using Internalz to install, and it worked fine on my 1.4.5 pixi (but now i'm back to the default 10 minute snooze, so if you don't like that then you can modify the alarm.jsjsjs $file$ $yourself$ $to$ $make$ $it$ $longer$ $or$ $shorter$.)

Because the file I am modifying "ring-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $is$ $the$ $same$ $on$ $both$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $and$ $2$.$1$, $I$ $would$ $imagine$ $it$ $should$ $install$ $just$ $fine$. $whether$ $it$ $works$ $or$ $not$, $that$'$s$ $a$ $different$ $story$. $Let$ $me$ $know$, $and$ $if$ $it$ $does$ $work$, $I$'$ll$ $submit$ $just$ $the$ $rocker$ $snooze$ $for$ $all$ $versions$ $of$ $webos$..$so$ $we$ $can$ $at$ $least$ $have$ $that$ $part$ $working$ $in$ $2$.$1$
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pezman726; 02/25/2011 at 06:45 AM.
  8.    #28  
    Hey all,

I could use some help.

I've submitted the patch, but it has been rejected. The error given to me was..

patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line Hunk #1 FAILED at 34. 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/views/settings/settings-scene.html.rej

I have never had this error occur on my device, or the other devices I have installed on. Have any of you had it? Any help would be appreciated as this part of the patch isn't even my code, but some patches that have already been approved.

Thanks,
    pez
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    I figured it wouldn't work on 2.1 It looks like they changed the way the other functions are handled. The volume rocker only part should work though. I'll upload another file in a second, and if you could test it for me (it'll be just the volume rocker to snooze) that'd be awesome. Maybe I'll submit that as a stand alone without the other snooze times options.

EDIT: Here is a file that is just the snooze function. I can't test on my device right now because I don't have my cable with me at the moment. So if anybody wants to test this out for me on any device, i'd appreciate it!

EDIT AGAIN: I tested this one (just the volume rocker snooze) on my phone by emailing it to myself and using Internalz to install, and it worked fine on my 1.4.5 pixi (but now i'm back to the default 10 minute snooze, so if you don't like that then you can modify the alarm.jsjsjs $file$ $yourself$ $to$ $make$ $it$ $longer$ $or$ $shorter$.)

Because the file I am modifying "ring-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $is$ $the$ $same$ $on$ $both$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $and$ $2$.$1$, $I$ $would$ $imagine$ $it$ $should$ $install$ $just$ $fine$. $whether$ $it$ $works$ $or$ $not$, $that$'$s$ $a$ $different$ $story$. $Let$ $me$ $know$, $and$ $if$ $it$ $does$ $work$, $I$'$ll$ $submit$ $just$ $the$ $rocker$ $snooze$ $for$ $all$ $versions$ $of$ $webos$..$so$ $we$ $can$ $at$ $least$ $have$ $that$ $part$ $working$ $in$ $2$.$1$
    Nope, errors out, Internalz says that ring-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$ $is$ $to$ $blame$
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    You know, I think Palm may have changed the functionality of the rocker keys to snooze. After the patch failed to install last night, I just set my alarm and went to bed. Woke up, and as usual out of habit, I hit the volume rocker. 5 min later, the alarm went off again

Now that I'm fully awake and conscious, I'm going to test a bit more
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  11.    #31  
    Either that, or the patch somehow magically installed even though it failed. If they did add the functionality in 2.x, that's awesome...because not having that is kind of lame to begin with, considering my 5 year old dumb phone did it!!!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    Either that, or the patch somehow magically installed even though it failed. If they did add the functionality in 2.x, that's awesome...because not having that is kind of lame to begin with, considering my 5 year old dumb phone did it!!!
    I came to the same conclusion, it has been included.

FINALLY
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Awesome patch! Thanks! Now I won't have to have a second wake up alarm!

dave
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Can this be updated to work with 1.4.5.1 please? For my girlfriends Pixi+
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12