Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    My swipe back is not working. I thought I downloaded a swipe patch this morning but it is not showing up in installed packages. I don't even remember the name, but I thought it was to improve swiping. Maybe I misread it? Since it's not showing up as installed I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions? Sorry, I'm new at this!!
  2. #2  
    Are you unknowingly using advanced gestures?
  3.    #3  
    I have no idea? What are advanced gestures?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaT734 View Post
    I have no idea? What are advanced gestures?
    You can find info on these in the built in Help application by searching that term but the simple answer is:

    Advanced Gestures allow you to switch between apps without going to card view. They require a full backswipe or forward swipe across the entire gesture area and move the app off the screen and allow another app that is sitting to the right or left in card view to come onto the active view.

    You control this in the screen and lock app - the same app you control brightness etc in.

    When this is enabled backswipe is done by doing a half-backswipe - you start the swipe at the center and go left typically.

    Maybe a better question is WHAT does your phone do when you backswipe now? Also if you have multiple apps running does that change?
  5.    #5  
    That was it, thank you so much!!
  6. #6  
    I justed tested with advanced gestures on and when I do a full backswipe and have only the contacts app open and I'm in a level down (editing a contact let's say) the only thing the screen does is wiggle. If I have multiple apps open it moves me to the other app.

    Half-back-Swipes work as a backswipe normally would; and sometimes a full swipe is interpreted that way so it's not as simple as "not working" occasionally it still works because it misread the full swipe as a partial.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I justed tested with advanced gestures on and when I do a full backswipe and have only the contacts app open and I'm in a level down (editing a contact let's say) the only thing the screen does is wiggle. If I have multiple apps open it moves me to the other app.

    Half-back-Swipes work as a backswipe normally would; and sometimes a full swipe is interpreted that way so it's not as simple as "not working" occasionally it still works because it misread the full swipe as a partial.
    Yep.

    Good work.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaT734 View Post
    That was it, thank you so much!!
    You are welcome - but **dbdoint was the one who started the ball rolling - I just had a chance to validate the behavior and post it.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    You are welcome - but **dbdoint was the one who started the ball rolling - I just had a chance to validate the behavior and post it.
    The same thing happened to me last year, when i forgot that i had enabled that (while half asleep, 3:30 in the morning), and i started freaking out the next day, lol lol.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 02/15/2011 at 02:01 PM.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    The same thing happened to me last year, when i forgot that i had enabled that (while half asleep, 3:30 in the morning), and i started freaking out the next day, lol lol.
    Interesting. I have it enabled and my wife doesn't. I routinely use it and love it. I can't imagine having to go into card view to switch apps which is what astounded me about the webOS 3.x TouchPad decision to drop gestures.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Interesting. I have it enabled and my wife doesn't. I routinely use it and love it. I can't imagine having to go into card view to switch apps which is what astounded me about the webOS 3.x TouchPad decision to drop gestures.
    I actually liked card view, but anyway, thanks for taking the time to explain all that to Lisa for me while i was busy with something else.

Posting Permissions