1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I'm trying to merge 2 patches. I've modified the single file that is used in both patches so that's fine, but the other files I'm a bit confused about.

I used Jason's Unified Diff creator to make my .patch file, but at the top of those it says

--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/controllers/ring-assistant.jsjsjs
    +++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/controllers/ring-assistant.jsjsjs

When I look at the patch file I'm trying to merge with, it says..

diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/controllers/settings-assistant.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$clock$/$app$/$controllers$/$settings$-$assistant$.$js$
    index 65c8202..af0a2ea 100644
    --- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/controllers/settings-assistant.jsjsjs
    +++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/controllers/settings-assistant.jsjsjs

So...how do I merge the two together. as I have not submitted my patch yet, I'm guessing the diff --git data is useless to me..but I'd like to get it submitted. So, what do I need to have in my .patch file? Can I get rid of the git stuff? Should I change my file to have the a/usr and b/usr, or should I change the patch i'm adding to say .orig/usr

Thanks for the help!!
    Just copy one patch into the other.
    Use Notepad++ to copy one and paste it within the other patch and save patch.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

or do this

--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/controllers/settings-assistant.jsjsjs
    +++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/controllers/settings-assistant.jsjsjs

you can have them as is.
    it is just two different ways in applying a patch.

5.    #5  
    Thanks warlord. I tried it both ways, and (like you said) it didn't make a difference. So, for the sake of keeping things the same, I just changed everything to the .orig/