Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    This patch is pretty self explanatory.

It will save email attachments to /media/internal/downloads/ (and create the folder if it doesn't exist).

WebOS 2.0.1 users may have noticed that when they open an attachment into an external application, the listed filename is completely random. For example, opening a txt file email attachment into Internalz could show the filename as something like "8QxMgFA.txt" This is part of the file-cache system webOS 2.x uses. This patch takes that into account and compensates, renaming the file to its proper name.

I've attached both the 1.4.5 patch and the 2.0.1 patch. Only use the one that applies for your system. Also, this patch requires FileMgr. Enjoy
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Awesome!!!! Just saw your tweet!
    Awesome....thx Jason.
    Great! Waitting for a long time. Thx!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I've been using Internalz to go to /var/luna/data and hunt for things so this is great!
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Awesome! I've been nuking the whole var/luna/data/attachments folder to find what I needed...usually a .wmv sent by a friend to open in mPlayer.

You rule, Jason.

Update: Having trouble installing via Internalz on a Palm Plus running 1.4.5 with FileMgr Service already installed. I tried removing all e-mail related patches and Luna restarting, but still no joy.

webos-patches.log says (paraphrased!)

Dry run patch attempts... dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed...
    Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media.......package_list
    *** FAILED ***

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Goyena; 02/15/2011 at 07:04 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Awesome! I've been nuking the whole var/luna/data/attachments folder to find what I needed...usually a .wmv sent by a friend to open in mPlayer.

You rule, Jason.

Update: Having trouble installing via Internalz on a Palm Plus running 1.4.5 with FileMgr Service already installed. I tried removing all e-mail related patches and Luna restarting, but still no joy.

webos-patches.log says (paraphrased!)

Dry run patch attempts... dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed...
    Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media.......package_list
    *** FAILED ***

Any ideas?
    you installed the 1.4.5 patch, right? What other Email app patches do you have? It's probably a conflict

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Yes, i installed the 1.4.5 patch and took out all obviously e-mail related patches, plus some advanced or megamix kinds. I was hoping you I missed something else. I'm uninstalling my theme and running EPR now, then will let Preware install one-by-one to see which conflicts...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Yes, i installed the 1.4.5 patch and took out all obviously e-mail related patches, plus some advanced or megamix kinds. I was hoping you I missed something else. I'm uninstalling my theme and running EPR now, then will let Preware install one-by-one to see which conflicts...
    Just double-checked and re-applied it to my 1.4.5 Pre and 1.4.5 Pixi Plus with no issue

can't get internals to download . Instal failed???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    can't get internals to download . Instal failed???
    Not sure if this applies to you, but since Internalz .patch applying hasn't been discussed much lately: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...tachments.html

kool I'll try it that way thank you Jason !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Awww, dang it. Sorry, Jason; you do so much and now I'm asking you to think for me too. The webOS limitation for which the email attachments function was created was indeed the culprit.

***** that I am, i was sitting there plugging away at Install Patch while the HTML was right in front of me...56 K patch indeed...

Now I gotta put back all the other patches on my poor nekkid Pre.
    Is this patch going to show up in Preware?

EDIT: emailed it to myself. Installed on 1.4.5 with no issues.

Thanks,
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I emailed an Mp3 to myself and tapped the attachment to download. It then turns to a play button once downloaded. The mp3 doesn't appear to have downloaded to media/internal/downloads/. I have 2.0.1 and do have the filemgr installed.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I emailed an Mp3 to myself and tapped the attachment to download. It then turns to a play button once downloaded. The mp3 doesn't appear to have downloaded to media/internal/downloads/. I have 2.0.1 and do have the filemgr installed.
    Yea, another person reported this issue. Seems to only affect audio files. I'm looking into a fix

I just emailed it, installed with internalz, emailed an mp3 to myself and downloaded onto my phone. Worked great! Thanks Jason! This rocks!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, another person reported this issue. Seems to only affect audio files. I'm looking into a fix
    ya, i am also having this issue.

EDIT: I take this back, it works great. the problem was i opened an email that already had downloaded the files to the default location. so i forwarded it to myself again and re-downloaded the files and they went to the download folder.

Thanks!
    Last edited by blackfireball5; 03/07/2011 at 02:02 AM.
    Does any one know if by chance the 2.0.1 version will work on 2.1?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Does any one know if by chance the 2.0.1 version will work on 2.1?
    It didn't work for me on 2.1.0.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast