Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    I know Jason is probably really busy, so I hope he or someone more knowledgeable than I could get it updated to work with 2.1 when a free moment finds them.

EDIT: It appears to be working for me on 2.1. Looking at the patch, it is making some calls to Jason' FileMgr. For those that maybe have not tried it on 2.1, make sure you have the FileMgr installed first.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 03/09/2011 at 10:38 PM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I know Jason is probably really busy, so I hope he or someone more knowledgeable than I could get it updated to work with 2.1 when a free moment finds them.
    I installed the 2.0.1 version on my sprint pre- with webOS 2.1 and it seems to be working just fine. I've tried a couple different downloads and they show up in the downloads folder. Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    I installed the 2.0.1 version on my sprint pre- with webOS 2.1 and it seems to be working just fine. I've tried a couple different downloads and they show up in the downloads folder. Hope that helps.
    Yeah I just edited my post as you were probably typing yours. It does seem to work with 2.1. For those that it didn't work for, might not have had the FileMgr app/service installed.

Glad it seems to be working.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Will this only save "known" file types or any file type that is attached?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    I love this patch & it installed w/o a hitch! Now I'm curious about the above as well. Specifically my hope/goal was to use this patch to easily locate .epub format eBooks emailed to my 1.4.5 Pre+ as attachments, intended for use w/ the pReader App. The epub attachments list appeared in the email proceeded by question marks, so I was not able to download them, & they did not show up in the downloads folder. However, after a long search, I did locate them in the var/attachments folder, & moved them w/ Internalz to the downloads folder, where pReader is able to access them. So...is there any way to get this sort of an attachment to land in the downloads folder straight away, to avoid those long search & move steps?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Theoretically should download all filetypes, even unknown ones. Unknown files just won't be able to open once downloaded. All should appear in /media/internal/downloads/ once downloaded
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    good i like it!
    i have an issue with forwarding the attachments.

i got an email with attachments. i tapped and read the attachments. after being tapped, the email can't be forwarded. i thinking this probable has something to do with the patch: after being downloaded to "downloads" folder, the email program "knows" attachments have been downloaded yet can't figure out where the attachments are.

i think so because i tried forward emails with attachments before tap and download them without any problem. Any fix for this?

thanks a lot. very nice patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwguan View Post
    i have an issue with forwarding the attachments.

i got an email with attachments. i tapped and read the attachments. after being tapped, the email can't be forwarded. i thinking this probable has something to do with the patch: after being downloaded to "downloads" folder, the email program "knows" attachments have been downloaded yet can't figure out where the attachments are.

i think so because i tried forward emails with attachments before tap and download them without any problem. Any fix for this?

thanks a lot. very nice patch.
    Re-attach the files? Temp solution

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Re-attach the files? Temp solution

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thanks a lot. As a temporary solution, forward the mail before opening the attachments will solve the issue. It's very interesting that when being forwarded, the download bar moves, which probably means that the attachments are being downloaded as the attachments to the forwarded mail. after forwarded the mail, if i tap and read the attachments, it looks like i need to download them again (this time to the "downloads" folder).

Thanks anyways!
    This patch is not working correctly for me on 2.1.0 but it sounds like it will do exactly what I have been looking for for months - download any attachment so I can take it off the usb drive onto a laptop.

When I tried to open a picture attachment (1mb) to an email, it opened a different picture (not from an email - strange!). I uninstalled, restarted Luna and opened up the same attachment - no problems. Opened another email picture attachment (1mb) ok. Re-installed the patch, restarted Luna, opened the first attachment and got the second email attachment instead.
    I already have Filemgr service installed.

... quickly tried forwarding the email to another account and the attachment opened ok. tried some other emails and they are ok. Just these 2 emails seemed to be funny. Try to Copy To Photos and there is an error 'There was an error saving this photo to mass storage'.
    No consistency in the symptoms!
    These 2 images are 1mb each.
    Sent myself a 600k image from my pre photos -email arrived, can open attachment ok. Try to save and fails with same error as above.
    Could this be an attachment size issue?

I also tried to open a PDF - it opened ok but the filename shown in the PDF reader was a random generated name.

Any ideas welcome :-)
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Is there a way to get this patch compatibel with the patch "EMail Mega Mix" from mamouton?

If I install this patch I couldnt see or do anything with the attachments.
    I have added Internalz on my Pre 2 (webOS v2.1). When I email the patch file to myself and try to open, it says it can't find an application which can open the file... which is the exact reason I want this patch in the first place: so that I can email myself file types which aren't necessarily registered with webOS but can be used by apps I've installed (e.g. emailed myself a .pdb ebook and want to open in preader but can't). I thought installing Internalz associated .patch files with it.

Edit: Whoops -- just saw the FileMgr-related post. Will try that first.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    hey will this work for the touchpad? I'm trying to use the touchplayer to watch wma and other file types that come as email attachments, and I cannot find where it is saving the email attachments so I can browse to them with the touch player. Or is there an easier way to watch my attachments that I'm not understanding. Thanks
    Any chance to port this for pre3 and touchpad?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by rerik View Post
    Any chance to port this for pre3 and touchpad?
    No need. Looks like webOS team took the queue from the community demand for this patch and added the functionaslity to webOS 2.2 and 3.x

On Pre3, tap+white button on an attachment and you'll get the option to "Save Attachment", which saves it to /media/internal/downloads/

On TouchPad, tap and hold on an attachment, to get a number of options, including the option to save it to the downloads folder
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    DrGonzo6o and sshaka like this.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    When Todd Bradley said that they have a team of "almost 600 engineers" he never did say they were paid and/or employed by HP, did he? (For newcomers, this ain't the first time webOS has integrated patches...)
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    You do so much great stuff, I feel ashamed to ask this. Do you plan on bringing this to the TP?

I will patiently wait for whatever you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    You do so much great stuff, I feel ashamed to ask this. Do you plan on bringing this to the TP?

I will patiently wait for whatever you do.
    This is already available for the touchpad as is. No patch needed.

Click and hold on the attachment.
    does this have any applicability to this via the 2.0.1 patch below?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12