1.    #1  
    I need some help with webOS 2.0.1

I used Metadoctor and created a webOS doctor for 2.0.1 with the following settings:

# BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE = 1
    # ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    # REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    # REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    INCREASE_VAR_SPACE = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
    # ADD_EXT3FS_PARTITION = 2GB
    # ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS = 1

I am using a Pre 2 with an out of minutes prepaid att sim. I do not want to pay 15 bucks for minutes I will never use (this is my testing pre from devday - I use a verizon pre). So I need to get the first use app working so that I can activate and sign in to my Palm Profile. I have done this with ease on a 1.4.5 build by simply un-hiding the first use app. It seems now that the FirstUse app is the Gesture tutorial and when I run it it does not allow me to sign into my profile)

I also tried this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...e-1-4-5-a.html
    But it only broke my FirstUse/Gesture app so that I get a black screen and need to pull the battery.

What is the best way to sign in to my profile without having a data connection through a network (wifi only)?

Any help is appreciated.
    You cannot use the patch listed on my first post on that thread if you're not on 1.4.5. You must go to the second page and use the patch listed on that post (webOS 2.0-compatible version)
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 02/14/2011 at 12:15 AM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup