Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo6o View Post
    Is this true?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I Don't see how. I use the Pre 2 without any lag. Not as fast as the iPhone 4, but it blitzes the legacy phones completely.

And on an unrelated note, did this poor man do a great thing to update all these patches for 2.0, only to need to update them once more (a few days later) for 2.0.1?? Do they, or do they not work on 2.0.1?

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo6o View Post
    Is this true?
    Sure is for me. Maybe not as much as the legacy devices, but with webOS 2.0.1 the Pre 2 does seem quite laggy at times.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by CraiaSoftware View Post
    Here they are, as requested....

Also, to answer the other questions:
    I have not pinged/contacted any of the original developers yet. And I have not sent any patches to Preware. I don't want to steal any other developer's thunder; perhaps they have big plans for their patches But If enough people want me to I will upload them to Preware. You can never have too many patches, right?
    I would suggest submitting them, with the original author credited. The MIT license under which patches are submitted to this forum explicitly is intended to allow that.

If any of the original authors objects, I can manually make whatever changes they desire.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Sure is for me. Maybe not as much as the legacy devices, but with webOS 2.0.1 the Pre 2 does seem quite laggy at times.
    After you brought up the issue of the lagging Pre 2, I put it to the test.

My Pre 2 was flying through every thing I threw at it, then I installed a few of these patches, and instantly it began tripping over at the most insignificant tasks. Ditch the patches you don't need Sanjay, at this time, looks as though they aren't doing the Pre 2 any good.

I uninstalled a few of the patches here that I wasn't really waiting out on, and after a restart the phone was back to normal.

BTW, thanks CraiaSoftware for the messaging history colour patch. I really missed it after leaving my Pre Plus. I owe you

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    After you brought up the issue of the lagging Pre 2, I put it to the test.

My Pre 2 was flying through every thing I threw at it, then I installed a few of these patches, and instantly it began tripping over at the most insignificant tasks. Ditch the patches you don't need Sanjay, at this time, looks as though they aren't doing the Pre 2 any good.

I uninstalled a few of the patches here that I wasn't really waiting out on, and after a restart the phone was back to normal.

BTW, thanks CraiaSoftware for the messaging history colour patch. I really missed it after leaving my Pre Plus. I owe you

Editor02, Did you happen to notice which patch(es) made your Pre2 slow? I did all my testing on a Pre2 and it is still kicking my overclocked 1Ghz Pre Plus 1.4.5's **** as far as lag goes. Please give me any info you can and I will look closer into these patches for possible bugs, etc.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    And on an unrelated note, did this poor man do a great thing to update all these patches for 2.0, only to need to update them once more (a few days later) for 2.0.1?? Do they, or do they not work on 2.0.1?

These patches were all developed for 2.0.1 and tested on a Pre 2 running the same. (I believe they would all work on 2.0.0 as well, but that's neither here nor there (or anywhere at this point).
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I would suggest submitting them, with the original author credited. The MIT license under which patches are submitted to this forum explicitly is intended to allow that.

If any of the original authors objects, I can manually make whatever changes they desire.

-- Rod
    Rod, I have included the original author(s) in the made header of the patches. Would I just submit them as "updates" in the patches portal? -or as new patches?

I also may want to investigate the claims in this thread about the patches introducing lag first.
    are these patches in preware?

sorry guys i have been away from webos for a while now

edit: nevermind i see that you are doing that now.. damn i feel like a noob
    Last edited by ivan1.ruiz; 02/17/2011 at 05:00 PM.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    can i put in some requests

Date in top bar
    Time stamps for messaging (clean)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraiaSoftware View Post
    Editor02, Did you happen to notice which patch(es) made your Pre2 slow? I did all my testing on a Pre2 and it is still kicking my overclocked 1Ghz Pre Plus 1.4.5's **** as far as lag goes. Please give me any info you can and I will look closer into these patches for possible bugs, etc.
    When I installed the clean timestamp patch and the remove attach/send button patch, the messaging app took about 15 seconds to load compared to the normal 3 or so second boot up time.

Uninstalling them both fixed the problem, not sure which one may have been the direct issue.

I'm on 2.0.1

Also I found that after adding the scrollbar browser patch and power button to end calls, the whole OS felt like it wa about to fall apart. Lol. *No action or animation was smooth and everything lagged from opening an app to swiping away a notification. *I promptly uninstalled both these patches together. *I probably shouldve uninstalled one at a time for testing purposes, but I was in a bit of a hurry. Sorry.

Anything else you need to know feel free to ask...the messaging history colour patch is working perfectly (not causing lag) and I'm so glad as I missed having that patch immensely.

I can attest to the fact that there are a lot of patches that either are not done properly or result in weird behavior in webos 2.0.1. Avoid the 'vertical battery percentage' one. That actually managed to stop my data from working entirely besides the fact that it install other icons that is not mentioned in the description. The clean timestamp patch does seem to unfortunately cause the messaging app to take forever to load a thread now.
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    I can attest to the fact that there are a lot of patches that either are not done properly or result in weird behavior in webos 2.0.1. Avoid the 'vertical battery percentage' one. That actually managed to stop my data from working entirely besides the fact that it install other icons that is not mentioned in the description. The clean timestamp patch does seem to unfortunately cause the messaging app to take forever to load a thread now.
    Okay thanks for the info. Luckily I haven't installed the vertical battery patch then, and I don't plan to! And its good to know that we can pin the issue to the timestamp patch now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    The clean timestamp patch does seem to unfortunately cause the messaging app to take forever to load a thread now.
    For me, the messaging app takes forever even without any patches. Go figure.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    testing
    percent as top-bar 2.xx
    all white but when charging it will turn green.

Please post here if it is working k
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by warlord9159; 02/18/2011 at 02:21 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

any success in this testing phase? Thanks for the patch
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    any success in this testing phase? Thanks for the patch
    It works on my 2.0 emulator.
    Only way for me to test 2.0 patches.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

17.    #37  
    Battery Icon as Percent with Color
    Last edited by CraiaSoftware; 02/19/2011 at 04:02 PM.
    Thanks, not sure if these work with am/pm in the top bar
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  19.    #39  
    Here is another one:

Top Bar with Date as MM/DD
  20.    #40  
    These will be submitted to Preware very soon
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast