1.    #1  
    First of all, when you install this patch it's misleading since it also installs the GPS and Mute icons to the top bar. But when I went back into Preware to remove the patch, it only removed the battery percentage indicator and left the gps and mute icons (which is what I didn't want in the first place).

Can this be updated to properly remove all icons that it installs? The description should also be updated to reflect what it truly does too. Thanks.
    I also notice the battery percent number is wrong compared to the the battery percentage in the device menu.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    First of all, when you install this patch it's misleading since it also installs the GPS and Mute icons to the top bar. But when I went back into Preware to remove the patch, it only removed the battery percentage indicator and left the gps and mute icons (which is what I didn't want in the first place).

Can this be updated to properly remove all icons that it installs? The description should also be updated to reflect what it truly does too. Thanks.
    I stand corrected. At least with regards to the additional icons. Turns out, sconix's webos 2.x version of the "Advanced System Menus - Framework" patch also installs a GPS icon and Mute icon to the top bar (presumably he took the diff of a certain file and forgot that he had already applied some additional extras).
    Battery Icon and Vertical Percent Patch installs and works fine for webOS 2.1.0 without any modification even though it was written for webOS 2.0.1
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I also notice the battery percent number is wrong compared to the the battery percentage in the device menu.
    this is not the patch being incorrect but a function of the ui that returns a value of 100 when the battery is <95 because the charger gets to 100 and then cycles back to 95

if someone updates the show actual percentage patch in preware this resolves the difference between the 2 values
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    is the mute switch part of the advanced framework? That's my favorite patch and I've been frustrated and not being able to install it.
    I would say it is part of the Advanced Framework patch, because it is showing up my Pre. And I don't think Palm included it in 2.1.0.
    and you are sure you don't have the ringer switch patch installed? This is a huge bit of info I have really been struggling with.

Edit: I just confirmed that this is the case. Thank you so much. It has been driving me crazy. No if I can just figure out how to get the battery % (large) to display. The % vertical with battery icon is too small to read!.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/03/2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    Battery Icon and Vertical Percent Patch installs and works fine for webOS 2.1.0 without any modification even though it was written for webOS 2.0.1
    It would be nice if someone could resubmit the patch to Preware for webOS 2.1.0. Also, it would be nice if the font size of the 'percent' could be increased a bit to make it more readable and if it could also incoporate the colors for various levels of charge. Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    and you are sure you don't have the ringer switch patch installed? This is a huge bit of info I have really been struggling with.

Edit: I just confirmed that this is the case. Thank you so much. It has been driving me crazy. No if I can just figure out how to get the battery % (large) to display. The % vertical with battery icon is too small to read!.
    the author of that patch included the "show actual battery percent patch" as part of the battery as a % patch.
    Sconix included GPS icon on top bar into his framework patch. these two notoriously do not play together. this is why that patch will not install for you
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is the mute switch part of the advanced framework? That's my favorite patch and I've been frustrated and not being able to install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    I would say it is part of the Advanced Framework patch, because it is showing up my Pre. And I don't think Palm included it in 2.1.0.
    Yes the ringer switch and gps icons are including in the Advanced System Menus Framework patch.

@Cantaffordit... what's been the problem with getting it installed? Jump on over to the thread in the link and we can get it worked out.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie