Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
  1.    #1  
    This is a basic patch that adds a "View Source" option to the web browser's application menu in the "Page" submenu.

It requires Internalz v1.3 or later.

Tapping the View Source menu option will open the webpage in read-only (naturally) into the Internalz text editor.

Tested on webOS 2.0.1, though may work on webOS 1.4.5 (it's untested).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Sweet! Just tested it on 1.4.5 and it works just fine. Would be nice if I could save, email or copy the source code which would help for mobile web development.

What was surprising is just how bad some of the sites are coded from the use of tables for non-tabular data, inline CSS, the lack of a viewport meta element like wired's mobile website and Googles gaia (someone likes the goddess of the earth?) code all over their pages. I'm still looking at sites to see what I can use when I can get back to programming.

Thank you.
    Last edited by tannyo; 02/12/2011 at 01:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Thanks for the patch; is there a way I can store the file as an html file in my pre from the view source window?

Id like to be able to read the file later . (The browser wont open local files, but preader does, so I can use that; lightly web server also works).
    Last edited by veerar; 02/12/2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: menioned lightly web server option
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Thanks for the patch; is there a way I can store the file as an html file in my pre from the view source window?

Id like to be able to read the file later . (The browser wont open local files, but preader does, so I can use that).
    I'll add that feature to a future release of Internalz, thanks for the suggestion

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'll add that feature to a future release of Internalz, thanks for the suggestion
    Ok, pushing my request further, maybe you can store the sources relatively, just like firefox does. When firefox saves a page, it creates a file and a directory just for that file with the images and other sources in that directory. So this way offline viewing of pages becomes more than just the text.

But just text saving as a file will be a great deal, since I dont think webOS has any method for offline viewing of pages today (prefox does, but its still in alpha ).

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Could you also add a scrollbar like the browser scrollbar patch? And while I'm dreaming find in the source code viewer?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    Could you also add a scrollbar like the browser scrollbar patch? And while I'm dreaming find in the source code viewer?
    got a link to the patch?

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    got a link to the patch?

Funny (s)he should request it , I submitted the patch to Preware as "Browser Scrollbar". Also available at: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2714917

BTW, if you can take time and port this patch to the Email app, that would be great too. (A brief history: TIWizard came up with the original idea and implementation; I just polished it up. I dont know how to port it. If you give me some hints on which files I should edit, that will also be great).
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I know you do a lot, and thank you for it....
    (here it comes...)
    but is there any chance that this will make its way to the TP?

Someone suggested your patch for a problem I am having (different thread) but I need it on the TP.

Thanks.
    Barb
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    I know you do a lot, and thank you for it....
    (here it comes...)
    but is there any chance that this will make its way to the TP?

Someone suggested your patch for a problem I am having (different thread) but I need it on the TP.

Thanks.
    Barb
    I'll probably update it in a week or 2. I wanna try and get Internalz HD ready for it.

bs03 likes this.