1.    #1  
    Disclaimer: This is a patch for webOS 2.x only.

WebOS 2.0 changed how the camera records video.

Basically, it's now possible to control the output filename format. So, like what I did for photos, I can do for videos.

Install only 1 of the attached patches. Your choice. It will output videos recorded from the camera in the format: CIMG_YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss.mp4 (or PRE or PIXI previx, if you chose those patches).

I've attached the patches here, but they're also available now on the patch feed in WOSQI and Preware.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Hey Jason.... Seeing something weird here. I have improved-pre-video-naming installed on Sprint Pre+ with WebOS 2.1. I hadn't recorded a video until last night. On doing so, I find that the newly recorded video isn't available to the camera app (i.e. can't tap on it so share), nor do the videos show up in the video app (neither in the "Video roll" nor the "Loaded Videos" folders....)

However, using Internals, I can see these "Pre_Date-time.mp4" videos in the DCIM/100Palm/ folder and I can play it from internalZ.

Anyone else seen this?

I have not yet tested to uninstall the patch and see if it goes back to normal. So, I'm only assuming that the renaming is causing the built-in apps (both camera and videos) to not be able to see the files.

Just thought I'd post my experience -- and maybe this is unique to me since I searched and couldn't find anyone else reporting anything similar.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 03/17/2011 at 02:49 PM.
    While I don't have 2.x I thank you for the efforts here.
    Very weird. Last night I recorded two videos and this happened both times.

Today, immediately after clicking send on the above post, I ran another 6 second video and it recorded and showed as available in both the camera app (as the most recently recorded item) and the Video Roll list. Last night's two videos are only still available via Internalz.

So problem fixed, but I don't know what caused it.