1.    #1  
    This is a direct question to webOS Internals and Jason Robitaille: With the future of webOS uncertain and the new Enyo platform to deal with and no HPre3 until summer, will you guys still be around and making patches/homebrew solutions for webOS 2.X and beyond?
    I think it increases the likelihood that Palm will eventually pay them obscene amounts of cash to work their magic. Wouldn't it be cool if they contracted them to do a 2.1 doctor with Uberkernel for all the sprint users? Oh, that would be cool...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think it increases the likelihood that Palm will eventually pay them obscene amounts of cash to work their magic. Wouldn't it be cool if they contracted them to do a 2.1 doctor with Uberkernel for all the sprint users? Oh, that would be cool...
    Me LIKEY!!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I'll pay for this. As long as the app catalog works I would tether for a few months to update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Go HPalm!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    This is a direct question to webOS Internals and Jason Robitaille: With the future of webOS uncertain and the new Enyo platform to deal with and no HPre3 until summer, will you guys still be around and making patches/homebrew solutions for webOS 2.X and beyond?
    Yes. My Pre 2 works just as well today as it did two days ago. I will (somehow) get one each of the Veer, Pre 3 and TouchPad as soon as they are released.

And we won't forget the majority of people who are stuck on what HP refers to as "legacy" devices now running 1.4.x ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes. My Pre 2 works just as well today as it did two days ago. I will (somehow) get one each of the Veer, Pre 3 and TouchPad as soon as they are released.

And we won't forget the majority of people who are stuck on what HP refers to as "legacy" devices now running 1.4.x ...

-- Rod
    I'm sure that another webathon can be arranged to support WebOS Internals. Cantaffordit did a great job of it last time. Still, we could maybe get HP to help out as well this time. If we have the faith to give our money, I think HP need to take notice of how important we view WebOS Internals to be.
  8.    #8  

-- Rod
    You guys are great. I would have jumped ship to Android long ago if it weren't for patching and overclocking. Hey, what's the deal with that server HP gave you guys? Where do you store something like that? Won't that also cut down on the cost of maintaining all the work you guys do also?
  9. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I think HP understands how important WebOS Internals is to us, based on the server they donated to the team.

Paychecks for the team would probably be nice too though...
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    If HP can donate that beefy a server, I don't see why the can't donate <$1000 worth oh phones and tablets to the appropriate group(s).

As I remarked to Rod on Twitter, I am pretty sure that is a lot smaller than the Proliants we buy at work, and we are a very large enterprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    If HP can donate that beefy a server, I don't see why the can't donate <$1000 worth oh phones and tablets to the appropriate group(s).

As I remarked to Rod on Twitter, I am pretty sure that is a lot smaller than the Proliants we buy at work, and we are a very large enterprise.
    Yeah, I'm sure they can donate less than $1000 too. Or did you mean more than $1000?
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    I think HP understands how important WebOS Internals is to us, based on the server they donated to the team.

Paychecks for the team would probably be nice too though...
    Paychecks would not allow the independence that WebOS Internals enjoys. Do you want HP to dictate the direction of homebrew? No, neither do I.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Paychecks would not allow the independence that WebOS Internals enjoys. Do you want HP to dictate the direction of homebrew? No, neither do I.

-- Rod
    I hear what you're saying,I agree that whenever an entity starts putting money into something they tend to control it,but I think people are suggesting that these guys be paid for what they've already done and I agree they should be rewarded.If this is the case than you eliminate the "control" principle. If HP were to hire them to work then that would be different and control would certainly be in the hands of HP unless a contract would say otherwise.