Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Will this work on 2.1? I guess I can always try, huh?
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I would think so... But yea, only one way to find out! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Yes I'm using it on 2.1 and it works perfect..
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I put Glass Effect Launcher and Just Type together in a theme and uploaded it to Prethemer. I think I named it GES3D Black (Basic). It should be in Preware too.
    Great, thanks!
    Last edited by StevenX; 02/26/2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I put Glass Effect Launcher and Just Type together in a theme and uploaded it to Prethemer. I think I named it GES3D Black (Basic). It should be in Preware too.
    Nice
    Would you mind to extend it (Menus, Quicklaunchbar, etc) ?
    Cause i can't install 2 theme from preware ...
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    Nice
    Would you mind to extend it (Menus, Quicklaunchbar, etc) ?
    Cause i can't install 2 theme from preware ...
    I've been trying to using the Emulator with no luck. There is nothing I can do until I get a webos 2.0 device... I'm poor though, so I won't be able to afford one for quite some time (later this year probably).

So, this project is pretty much dead for the foreseeable future... Sorry
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    So, this project is pretty much dead for the foreseeable future... Sorry

I have no expirience in themeing but would like to look into it.
    Could you point me where do download the grafic-files of the 1.4.5 Glass themes?
    will these files be overwritten if running the repair utility in the overwrite everything mode? dont have it open so dont remember the exact name.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post

I have no expirience in themeing but would like to look into it.
    Could you point me where do download the grafic-files of the 1.4.5 Glass themes?
    You can download the images from Prethemer.com. Just search "Glass Effect Suite 3D" and you'll see them. Download the zip file for each theme.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    will these files be overwritten if running the repair utility in the overwrite everything mode? dont have it open so dont remember the exact name.
    Hmm.. Good question. I don't know. I've never had to use the Repair Utility... lol
    Garrett:

What can you say about the alleged "unpatchability" of the 2.x Launcher? Is that true?

I noticed you called this a "mod" rather than a patch. (It was a patch for 1.4.5 IIRC.)
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Garrett:

What can you say about the alleged "unpatchability" of the 2.x Launcher? Is that true?

I noticed you called this a "mod" rather than a patch. (It was a patch for 1.4.5 IIRC.)
    Yea, it's true... The Launcher files are now inside of a binary file (as opposed to being out in the open in 1.4.5).

I called this a Mod simply because I couldn't call it a theme or a patch lol. It requires you to manually send the files to your phone through WOSQI.

I did make this and Glass Effect Just Type into a theme though! If you're interested, you can find that HERE or in the Prethemer feed in Preware.
    I downloaded the .zip file, but what exactly do you mean by sending it to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/?

Do I install the files using WebOS Quick Install?
    Yea, it's true... The Launcher files are now inside of a binary file (as opposed to being out in the open in 1.4.5).

I called this a Mod simply because I couldn't call it a theme or a patch lol. It requires you to manually send the files to your phone through WOSQI.

I did make this and Glass Effect Just Type into a theme though! If you're interested, you can find that HERE or in the Prethemer feed in Preware.
    Ignore my previous post. I figured out how to load the files. Looks very nice...thanks! Now if you could make one that's crystal clear, that'd be great! Is that what the one labeled "clear" in the Gel color zip file is supposed to do? I loaded that one and my background was still the same as when I loaded the 3 files from the first zip file.

Also, what if I wanted to go back to the default at some point? How would I remove all these files?

Thanks for the great work!
    ...tried loading a couple of different colors and the background of the launcher stays the same. How do you change it?
    YB- use WOSQI to load these- have the files on your pc, open WOSQI, select 'send file' from the drop down menu, type in info and send.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    YB- use WOSQI to load these- have the files on your pc, open WOSQI, select 'send file' from the drop down menu, type in info and send.
    Any idea how to remove them if I wanted to?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Any idea how to remove them if I wanted to?
    nope- no idea! I imagine you would need to get the original files and send them the same way you did the mod.

Anybody know/have the original files?
    I think I killed the thread...
  20.    #60  
    Sorry guys, I've been really busy today. I'll be able to help out later on.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast