Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  

This mod will hide the 'Just Type' bar on the home screen of your webOS 2.0+ device.

Instructions:
    1. Download attached zip file and extract it.
    2. Send 'search-pill.png' to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/
    3. Install the patch.

The 'Just Type' window will still open if you tap the home screen where it used to be.

I don't have an actual device to test this on, so please confirm that it works... This patch might only work for people who set English as their language. I'll make custom versions on request.

(This patch is a modified version of Oil's "Boom, action time!" patch.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/08/2011 at 05:49 AM. Reason: updated title to not confuse moderators
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Awesome, I did this also but never got around to making a patch. Thanks!
    Why? It is only there when you are in that view? It disappears when you open the launcher page, application, or cardview? It never covers anything up, so why are you hiding it? Just curious. I'm sure it's well written because I know the developer...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Why? It is only there when you are in that view? It disappears when you open the launcher page, application, or cardview? It never covers anything up, so why are you hiding it? Just curious. I'm sure it's well written because I know the developer...
    I made it because... well... Why not? I prefer to have a clean homescreen. I always thought the 'Just Type' bar added unnecessary clutter by being there all the time lol.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Did you basically replace the stock image with a transparent png?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Did you basically replace the stock image with a transparent png?
    Yea, lol.

Got rid of the text and replaced the image with a blank one...
    this will be the first patch I install when I get 2.0

thank you !
    I like the idea of the bar being there, I just want it to say something besides "Just Type"...Something customizable.
    Like "I'm sorry Dave, but I can't to that"?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I like the idea of the bar being there, I just want it to say something besides "Just Type"...Something customizable.
    That's easy to do too...

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    couldnt u just have put so no image is used instead of adding a new one?

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I made it because... well... Why not? I prefer to have a clean homescreen. I always thought the 'Just Type' bar added unnecessary clutter by being there all the time lol.
    This!!
    Keep the clutter off my screen.
    Last edited by NachoB; 02/08/2011 at 11:55 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Hopefully some one can just make this a patch in preware by the time we get 2.0 . It's just easier lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    couldnt u just have put so no image is used instead of adding a new one?
    I didn't put effort in to this patch since I'm not really working with webos any more lol. Didn't really go hunting for the css file (if it even exists).

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    830 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I want the option for it to have a little mic icon, and say "just speak", too. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I prefer a clean home screen also. Hopefully, someday we will be able to hide the quick launch bar and get 4x4 icons in the launcher with webOS 2+

Thanks for the patch!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    i3 likes this.
    Global Posts
    830 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I prefer a clean home screen also. Hopefully, someday we will be able to hide the quick launch bar and get 4x4 icons in the launcher with webOS 2+

Thanks for the patch!
    I know it sounds silly to some, but that's the main reason I'm going to hold off on 2.x.

Everytime I've had to "start-over" w/ a refurb, I shudder at the look of that 3x3 launcher. ;-) If I can't replace it or customize it, I'll wait a bit.

However, if I have the option to buy a shiny new webOS device... well, then all bets are off, and my launch day Sprint Pre will forever remain at 1.4.5, and sit unused. next to my Treo 650... :-)
    How do I get the png to "/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/"?
    I don't see that in usb drive mode. I know I've seen it with Internalz, but that's not working in 2.0.....
    I really want this to clear up my screen!
    Thanks/help!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    How do I get the png to "/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/"?
    I don't see that in usb drive mode. I know I've seen it with Internalz, but that's not working in 2.0.....
    I really want this to clear up my screen!
    Thanks/help!
    You can do this with WebOS Quick Install, there is a menu option under Tools called 'Send File'.
    Sprint Pre- | 2.1.0 | UberKernel
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    You can do this with WebOS Quick Install, there is a menu option under Tools called 'Send File'.
    Yea! That worked! Now we just need to get rid of the quick launcher!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast