Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    My #statusbar section looks correct. What about .status-bar right below it?

.status-bar {
    color: #fff;
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size; 14px;
    line-height: 25px;
    }
    BTW, I did replace systemui.css with the version from my doctor. Still white top bar.

Any other thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    My #statusbar section looks correct. What about .status-bar right below it?

BTW, I did replace systemui.css with the version from my doctor. Still white top bar.

Any other thoughts?
    There's a JSJSJS $file$...$controller$...$that$ $does$ $something$ $with$ $that$...$but$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $off$ $hand$ $which$ $one$. $I$'$ll$ $take$ $a$ $look$ $when$ $I$ $get$ $time$...$but$ $in$ $the$ $meantime$ $try$ $looking$ $at$ $the$ $various$ $patches$ $that$ $affect$ $the$ $top$ $bar$, $and$ $see$ $if$ $any$ $of$ $them$ $change$ $anything$ $in$ $the$ $controller$ $files$...$then$ $replace$ $THAT$ $file$ $with$ $a$ $stock$ $file$. $This$ $is$ $weird$...
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    There's a JSJSJS $file$...$controller$...$that$ $does$ $something$ $with$ $that$...$but$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $off$ $hand$ $which$ $one$. $I$'$ll$ $take$ $a$ $look$ $when$ $I$ $get$ $time$...$but$ $in$ $the$ $meantime$ $try$ $looking$ $at$ $the$ $various$ $patches$ $that$ $affect$ $the$ $top$ $bar$, $and$ $see$ $if$ $any$ $of$ $them$ $change$ $anything$ $in$ $the$ $controller$ $files$...$then$ $replace$ $THAT$ $file$ $with$ $a$ $stock$ $file$. $This$ $is$ $weird$...
    Warlord9159 helped me in another thread:

My Pre did not have the file

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html

The bar-scene.html file in my doctor was blank. Sent it to my Pre, and all is good.

Thanks for all of your help as well.
    Warlord9159 helped me in another thread:

My Pre did not have the file

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html

The bar-scene.html file in my doctor was blank. Sent it to my Pre, and all is good.

Thanks for all of your help as well.
    Wow! That's new to me...

Glad you got it though...I know how frustrating something so small yet so relevant can be...
    So, back to my original problem...

After applying this patch, the graphic properly disappears, but the words are still there.
    So, back to my original problem...

After applying this patch, the graphic properly disappears, but the words are still there.
    Yikes...after looking at the patch...I've never had to mess with json files before, so I'm not really sure without pulling that file - but I will say I'd be willing to bet it's another patch that screwed up a line in that file. If any of these files get just one line off, adding or removing a patch is impossible...unless you add it manually.

So what you could do is pull that file, open it (?), and add this patch manually...and perhaps see why the lines aren't matching..
    Oh, or you could extract the original json file from your Doctor...and just replace it and try the patch again...?
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Oh, or you could extract the original json file from your Doctor...and just replace it and try the patch again...?
    Any thoughts which patches may conflict and are also modifying the file. By the way, which file gets modified?
    Any thoughts which patches may conflict and are also modifying the file. By the way, which file gets modified?
    BTW, this process of tracking down patch conflicts led me to think of a solution to the problem. What do you think?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2932100
    Last edited by Ubuntite; 04/08/2011 at 02:21 PM.
    I just changed themes to Garrett's CarbonOS (really nice . . . looks great with, well, Carbon) from his Dark Glass 3D. I then put on this patch to hide the Just type bar, and I'm having the text problem also. Background bar goes away fine, but the text is still sitting there, which I think I like less than the default! Any ideas?
    I tried to install this on my Pre 2, both on 2.0.1, and then again tonight on 2.1.0 after the Verizon update tonight, but the patch won't install using Quick Install. I get this message:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to apply hide-just-type-text.patch

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.hide-just-type-text.postinst: line 1: can't open !DOCTYPE: no such file
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.hide-just-type-text.postinst: line 1: html: not found
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.hide-just-type-text.postinst: line 2: syntax error: unexpected newline

Does that mean it's conflicting with another patch? I'm not sure what the message is telling me.

Thanks,
    Laurie
    Quote Originally Posted by lmschwab View Post
    I tried to install this on my Pre 2, both on 2.0.1, and then again tonight on 2.1.0 after the Verizon update tonight, but the patch won't install using Quick Install. I get this message:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to apply hide-just-type-text.patch

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.hide-just-type-text.postinst: line 1: can't open !DOCTYPE: no such file
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.hide-just-type-text.postinst: line 1: html: not found
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.hide-just-type-text.postinst: line 2: syntax error: unexpected newline

Does that mean it's conflicting with another patch? I'm not sure what the message is telling me.

Thanks,
    Laurie
    Question for you....Did you download the patch and install it, or did you install via Preware or WOSQI?

The reason I ask, is that I am getting the SAME error when I try to install both the custom carrier string patches as well as another one I can't remember off hand. But BOTH were downloaded. On the contrary I can install patches as normal from Preware and QI.

And also for the record I tried several of the custom carrier string patches from different people, all with the same results.

I'm wondering if the database that holds the patches that we download here is somehow converting them to....some sort of embedded Windows format that isn't allowing webos to read them?

I don't know enough about that stuff to know what I'm talking about, but it seems pretty coincidental if you did in fact download that patch...
    I downloaded the patch from this forum thread, the zip file, and attempted to install via WebOS Quick Install. I didn't know that the patch was available in Preware.

Possibly unrelated, but I attempted to install a number of patches last night via preware, and quite a few of them failed to install, mostly the Advanced System Framework ones. Is that a 2.1 issue? Or something else?
    I downloaded the patch from this forum thread, the zip file, and attempted to install via WebOS Quick Install. I didn't know that the patch was available in Preware.
    Very peculiar indeed...

I ended up just applying the patches manually. Not ideal but...

Possibly unrelated, but I attempted to install a number of patches last night via preware, and quite a few of them failed to install, mostly the Advanced System Framework ones. Is that a 2.1 issue? Or something else?
    Yeah those advanced patches conflict with lots of other patches. I usually apply the advanced ones first, then start applying others until I come across one that conflicts. I would probably run EPR if I were you, then apply the advanced ones first..
    does anyone have the original search-pill.png?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  16. pht
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    does anyone have the original search-pill.png?

I've found the original file in the WebOS doctor ROM just need to unzip it :

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...tock-file.html

By the way i have the same problem with this patch, "just type" is still here but not the image…Downloaded with WOSQI 4.3.1

i've deleted now it's seems unstable on webos 2.1, it has crashed one time the pre2.

Finally i've just use the transparent image. If you could change the "just type" by something dicreet like ">" or else i will use it if more stable.

thanks
    Last edited by pht; 09/17/2011 at 07:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I had this patch on my veer. And loved how the screen looks without that bar on it. Is there anyway to make this work on the pre 3?
    thanks
    Hi,

I've been trying to use this patch but without any luck:

I've moved the img and installed the patch on my Pre 3 (webOS 2.2.0) using WOQI 4.3.1 without any error msgs, and now the patch is listed as 'installed' by Preware, but nothing has changed.

I'm new to webos, any leads to get it working?

Thank you.
    hey, i just watched the folder you told us in the first post - no search-pill.png there.
    found it then in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/1.5, along with search-pill-no-image.png. so ill try to rewrite the patch to change the folders (shouldnt be that hard, i guess?)

greetz, zoltar

edit: first step: copying the image to .../1.5 -> doing a restart -> working fine, no more searchpill!
    now ill apply the patch

edit: okay, as there was no path there i just installed the patch.
    works now perfectly (on my pre3, 2.2.0 (still (alas))) !

thanks for this patch

greetz, zoltar
    Last edited by Zoltar; 12/23/2011 at 11:45 AM.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltar View Post
    hey, i just watched the folder you told us in the first post - no search-pill.png there.
    found it then in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/1.5, along with search-pill-no-image.png. so ill try to rewrite the patch to change the folders (shouldnt be that hard, i guess?)

greetz, zoltar

edit: first step: copying the image to .../1.5 -> doing a restart -> working fine, no more searchpill!
    now ill apply the patch

edit: okay, as there was no path there i just installed the patch.
    works now perfectly (on my pre3, 2.2.0 (still (alas))) !

thanks for this patch

greetz, zoltar
    Didn't see your post until just now. This was originally for the Pre2... That's why the paths were slightly different. Glad you got it figured out.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast