View Poll Results: Do you want this effect on your (HP) Palm device?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

52 76.47%
  • Hell no!

1 1.47%
  • Hell... Maybe.

15 22.06%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    that vid or one like it has been around for some time now
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    but the accele don't work with the launcher in 145 or 2xx
    Hey, if you can find a way to patch the Launcher, you'll be a hero lol. 2.0 really locks it down... All we can really do is change the background.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    remember the cards when we was lil ones that did that 3D effact when you moved the card ?
    but the accele don't work with the launcher in 145 or 2xx
    I didn't know if it was possible or not. Just talking in theory.

Do we KNOW for sure that 2.0 launcher isn't patchable? The SDK isnt available yet and with all the rework they have done to the launcher, could it be possible that the old way of patching the launcher just doesn't work for 2.0? And when the 2.0 SDK comes out, developers will go "oh, I see it now" and find that the 2.0 code has just changed? Again, just speaking in theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I didn't know if it was possible or not. Just talking in theory.

Do we KNOW for sure that 2.0 launcher isn't patchable? The SDK isnt available yet and with all the rework they have done to the launcher, could it be possible that the old way of patching the launcher just doesn't work for 2.0? And when the 2.0 SDK comes out, developers will go "oh, I see it now" and find that the 2.0 code has just changed? Again, just speaking in theory.
    We've had access to the 2.0 SDK for a while now. Palm completely changed how the Launcher works. I believe they built it in to Luna our something like that. That's why sconix said he isn't planning on updating his Advanced Config for App Launcher for 2.0. He hasn't found a way to make it work.

I don't think so. It is locked deep in the OS. WHY IN THE HELL THEY DID THAT KILLS ME . With it now using hardware to render the images were as 1.xx used software, they prob locked it down because 5X5 icons would slow it down
    I figured scrolling works. But they made it look like an app that just had that effect instead of the actual launcher doing it. I just get irritated when I cant control videos I watch. lol. About the oversized image, If adding an image as a wallpaper thats bigger than 320x480, does the pre crop an area to 320x480 and discard the rest of the image? That would be the first step. To see how webOS handles wallpaper sizing and all. You are right, you would need a bigger image. Otherwise you would have blank spaces on the sides as it moves.
    New phones (Feb. 9) may have a gyroscope... wasn't there a leak that the new TouchPad is going to have one?

Larger Images: whatever code that was going to handle the image movement would have to compensate. Could be as simple as setting the background location….

Code:
    <div id="launcherBG" style="background:url(images/BGImage.png) -20px -20px no-repeat;width:320px;height:480px;margin:0 auto;">
    In the above example, BGImage.png would be a 360px x 520px image, but initially you would only be displaying the image minus a 20 pixel margin on each side. Not sure if 20 pixel movement to each side (40 per direction) is enough to pull off the effect? Anyhow, by adjusting the background-position from "-20px -20px" to a minimum of "0px 0px" or a max of "-40px -40px" would give you a total of 40 pixels of leeway left-right and up-down.

EDIT: Oh, it would probably be best as a 2 fold patch.... animate the normal background (under the "just type" and quick launch bars. That would be sweet! Then make the launcher background way more see through.
    Last edited by sinime; 02/01/2011 at 11:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    We've had access to the 2.0 SDK for a while now.
    You must be in the early access program then?
    someone give me a link to that theme please lol
    someone give me a link to that theme please lol
    The 3D iphone icon thing is a paid app. You're gonna have to do some pirating lol

k i will look lol
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

I don't think so. It is locked deep in the OS. WHY IN THE HELL THEY DID THAT KILLS ME . With it now using hardware to render the images were as 1.xx used software, they prob locked it down because 5X5 icons would slow it down
    For some reason I refuse accept the fact that they just locked the launcher for patching. That just kills their whole openness thing they had going. A stupid move if thats in fact what they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    New phones (Feb. 9) may have a gyroscope... wasn't there a leak that the new TouchPad is going to have one?

Larger Images: whatever code that was going to handle the image movement would have to compensate. Could be as simple as setting the background locationů.

Code:
    <div id="launcherBG" style="background:url(images/BGImage.png) -20px -20px no-repeat;width:320px;height:480px;margin:0 auto;">
    In the above example, BGImage.png would be a 360px x 520px image, but initially you would only be displaying the image minus a 20 pixel margin on each side. Not sure if 20 pixel movement in each direction is enough to pull off the effect? Anyhow, by adjusting the background-position from "-20px -20px" to a minimum of "0px 0px" or a max of "-40px -40px" would give you a total of 40 pixels of leeway left-right and up-down.

EDIT: Oh, it would probably be best as a 2 fold patch.... animate the normal background (under the "just type" and quick launch bars. Then make the launcher background way more see through.
    Well there is the first step.
    For some reason I refuse accept the fact that they just locked the launcher for patching. That just kills their whole openness thing they had going. A stupid move if thats in fact what they did.
    I don't think their intention was to solely lock out patching. I think it was done to increase Launcher performance. (that's what I heard, at least)

I don't think their intention was to solely lock out patching. I think it was done to increase Launcher performance. (that's what I heard, at least)

Still dont like it. My launcher works just fine. lol
    Still dont like it. My launcher works just fine. lol
    Yea, I've never had an issue with the Launcher either lol. I'm sure Palm had a good reason for changing how it works though.

I need to start looking into patching, I assume there is a guide somewhere.... will search when I get home tonight.

EDIT: although I assume if the guys at WOSI say it can't be done, it can't be done.
    Yea, I've never had an issue with the Launcher either lol. I'm sure Palm had a good reason for changing how it works though.

You dont have to make excuses for them. lol
    3DBoard is a somewhat gimmicky jailbreak tweak that utilizes your iPhones accelerometer to create 3D looking icons. How does it work? The developer hasn’t specifically said, but it looks to me that 3DBoard adjusts the location of the wallpaper background and shadows in relation to the icons based on movement, which gives the appearance of the icons floating over the iPhone screen.

3DBoard will be on the Cydia store soon for $4.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    There is a game for DSiWare in japan that actually uses the camera (front facing) to monitor where your face is and adjusts the angle of view on screen acordingly. Very cool effect.

Japanese DSiWare game uses camera to create illusion of depth | Joystiq
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast