Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I installed this today, but for some reason, The 4 icons for choosing (something), day, week, and month... the one to the left is blank and doesn't do anything. I say (something), because I've no idea what it's suppose to be doing, since it is blank. I have a Pre with 1.4.5 normal.

Is there a way of fixing this? I installed using Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiimanofthenorth View Post
    I installed this today, but for some reason, The 4 icons for choosing (something), day, week, and month... the one to the left is blank and doesn't do anything. I say (something), because I've no idea what it's suppose to be doing, since it is blank. I have a Pre with 1.4.5 normal.

Is there a way of fixing this? I installed using Preware.
    You need to install the app Agenda either from preware or webOSQuickInstall. You also need to install the icons in the zip file in first post according to directions in first post.
    Thank you very much! I've got it all up and running now after installing Agenda! It was fun trying to figure out how to make the .scrims folder, because that wasn't there by default. So I created a /scrims/ubercalendar folder with all the icons already in it, on my Win7 machine. Copied that across to the phone in USB mode. Then started up "Internalz Pro" on the phone, found the /scrims/ folder, looked at the info, then renamed it at the top. So it was now .scrims and started up calendar and the icons worked etc.

Cheers!
    I just installed this patch. It is very good. I am using webOS1.4.5
    But when i change/delete repeating events, I cannot see the "Change this and future" or "Delete this and future" selection. Do I need to do anything to enable this selection?
    Thanks
  5.    #25  
    Added description for the new timezone converter pieces (only in the latest testing versions). here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2842148-post13.html

Also added links to the latest testing patches that are not in Preware to the first post.

Please post any issues or problems in the UberCalendar thread.

cheers.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  6.    #26  
    Added description for the work week view, bridge call dialer button(2.x only), and test information for sending google calendar event invites(2.x only)
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Hallo Frantid !
    Patch will work also on Pre3 ?
    Peter
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_moscow View Post
    Hallo Frantid !
    Patch will work also on Pre3 ?
    Peter
    Thanks for reminding me, I posted the link to the Pre3 version in the first post.

Just installed UC on my 1.4.5.1 Pre+.

I'm not seeing an alarm icon in my day and week views for my currently-set alarms. I tried setting a new alarm on another existing calendar item, but that didn't bring up the icon, either.

Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Command menu button for Agenda homebrew app - tapping brings up the Agenda app, if you have it installed.
    Just a minor tweak suggestion: Why not put an Agenda icon on the Agenda command button? Granted, it wouldn't work any better, but it would look a bit nicer.
    OK, I don't grok the use of templates. Does anyone know of a good example posted on the forums of a scenario that takes advantage of this feature?

I'm asking because I can tell this feature has some real potential, but for the life of me I can't come up with my own scenario for how to make use of it.

Thanks!
    Calendar groups aren't working for me. The "Default Group" shows up, but all I can see are the slider selection for "Work Week" and the top of a second slider selection--I can't even read it. I don't see any way to fully configure the group. If I create a new group, it has the same problem.

Does this feature just not work in 1.4.5.1, is this a bug, or am I missing something?

TIA for your help.
  13.    #33  
    Hi, most people only read this thread when they are getting started. You will get more answers and replies on the UC thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...dar-patch.html

This thread is mostly just documentation. If you post over there, we'll all try to help you out.

I can't do this for 1.4.5 and I can't do it for exchange based services on any version (including Google configured as exchange). There just isn't a way for me to patch exchange service and I have not found any documentation on it as well.
    Congrats on your awesome patch! Out of curiosity, would webos (slowly) being made open source help in patching exchange calendars to send out invites? Or is it generally impossible? Palm should have done this ages ago but after all the updates still nothing.. a pity
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Manic View Post
    Congrats on your awesome patch! Out of curiosity, would webos (slowly) being made open source help in patching exchange calendars to send out invites? Or is it generally impossible? Palm should have done this ages ago but after all the updates still nothing.. a pity
    Thanks.

In theory, yes. But it depends on how much of Palm's exchange code is actually independent of others code -- some of it might licensed from MS's active sync and therefore not possible to be open sourced.

Well.. heres to hope!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Categories/ Icon picker
    In the preferences, under UberCalendar Prefs. Tap "Categories" to see the default list of icons:

[LIST][*]To add or delete an icon, you need to go into UC preferences tap "Categories" -- you should see a list of icons(see screen shot). You can reorder them, slide to delete and tap add to add. Your icons have to go into "/media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar/" directory. The file must be named "icon-name.png" -- in all lowercase The "name" is the name of the icon or what you want to call the "category" -- like you see "birthday". Don't worry about webOS always capitalizing the first letter, I change it all to lowercase any way. You can only use "a-z", "0-9", "_" or "-" in your names. The name is limited to 20 characters. Just tap another area and it will save the entry. If you have done it right it should display the icon on the left of the name you chose.

I don't understand where to put the .pngs , should i create those folders in my pixi? (i cannot make a folder named .scrims) And in the preferences i can add a new category but i cannot see any icon ...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theoutback View Post
    I don't understand where to put the .pngs , should i create those folders in my pixi? (i cannot make a folder named .scrims) And in the preferences i can add a new category but i cannot see any icon ...
    If windows does not allow you to create a folder whose name begins wit a dot, then just create it first without the dot, then use Internalz Pro to add the dot.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  19.    #39  
    Added details in latest versions:
    minute choices, new event day view popup:
    Preference Guide for MetaView's UberCalendar(UC) patch

month view event popup:

week view event popup:
    Help please. Thanks.

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 105k 100 105k 0 0 336k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 402k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast